Ravens Week- let's get it rolling

I don't know if we win this game as we're not anywhere near playing as well as we're capable but I can't pick against mahomes so kc by 3.  

Couple of things that go against the ravens.

1 bad luck on their part to finally get us at home but can't have fans. That's gotta suck.

2 Mahomes gonna be pissed he got voted 4th.  Cant wait for him to score and count to 4.

giphy.gif

Mahomes reaction to the vote

So while I think we probably shouldn't win this game I think we will because Mahomes.

2 hours ago, xen said:

I don't know if we win this game as we're not anywhere near playing as well as we're capable but I can't pick against mahomes so kc by 3.  

Couple of things that go against the ravens.

1 bad luck on their part to finally get us at home but can't have fans. That's gotta suck.

2 Mahomes gonna be pissed he got voted 4th.  Cant wait for him to score and count to 4.

giphy.gif

Mahomes reaction to the vote

So while I think we probably shouldn't win this game I think we will because Mahomes.

Chiefs bode well as underdogs as well.

I really think this game can go either way.  Hope Sammy is able to play 100% if at all.  At the end of the day, Mahomes has never given a reason yet to doubt he can't pull off the W despite our D at the moment.  Be a nail biter like last week, but at the end of the day we have him and a kicker that can drill 58 yarder plus for a win. 

23 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

I think Reid looked past the Chargers and almost screwed up in preparation for this game tonight. Chiefs can win but it will be super close. I’m just going to enjoy it and root for no injuries. 

It’s not even going to be close.

31 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

I think Reid looked past the Chargers and almost screwed up in preparation for this game tonight. Chiefs can win but it will be super close. I’m just going to enjoy it and root for no injuries. 

i don't think so...they had to face a QB that they had no tape on and we were missing some guys here and there,  any given sunday and face it we are going to get every teams BEST shot this year. i do agree with the last part...hope it is a good game

41 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

not logical. as in many games when aback up  QB comes in  it really messes with the preparation and game plan. We have seen it soo many times when a backup  comes in and looks like a sure thing HOFr.  This young man the Bolts have is the real deal. The Bolts  and the Raiders I think  will be a handful in this and  years to come

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

not logical. as in many games when aback up  QB comes in  it really messes with the preparation and game plan. We have seen it soo many times when a backup  comes in and looks like a sure thing HOFr.  This young man the Bolts have is the real deal. The Bolts  and the Raiders I think  will be a handful in this and  years to come

Raiders will need to replace Carr before I seriously worry about them

Last time @Ravens played Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs, they didn’t have:
• Marcus Peters
• Calais Campbell
• Patrick Queen
• LJ Fort
• Derek Wolfe

After two games this season, those five defenders have a combined 42 tackles, 2 sacks, 6 PDs, 3 turnovers and 1 touchdown.

12 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:
Last time @Ravens played Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs, they didn’t have:
• Marcus Peters
• Calais Campbell
• Patrick Queen
• LJ Fort
• Derek Wolfe

After two games this season, those five defenders have a combined 42 tackles, 2 sacks, 6 PDs, 3 turnovers and 1 touchdown.

Last time we played we were 2 games into having a new defensive scheme and a ton of new starters on D.  We also didn't have a running game to speak of and our starter was out.  KC was also without Tyreek Hill and LT Eric Fisher.

And we still won.

Also, RIP to your homefield advantage for this game.  It was gone far too soon.  Its a real shame, I always hate to see that.

Just now, xen said:

Last time we played we were 2 games into having a new defensive scheme and a ton of new starters on D.  We also didn't have a running game to speak of and our starter was out.  KC was also without Tyreek Hill and LT Eric Fisher.

And we still won.

Also, RIP to your homefield advantage for this game.  It was gone far too soon.  Its a real shame, I always hate to see that.

Exactly this. Besides Kelce, Pat was playing with backups and shredded that defense

If Spags and the KC defense can control the Ravens' running game, we win...period.

Notice I didn't say stop the run game...I said CONTROL the run game. 

IMO, the only way to contain that offense is to force Lamar to throw the ball against man to man defense. He struggles against man.

However, he will try and run once he see's the backs of the defenders name plates....That's where DoD or Gay will have to step up.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, reesebobby said:

Ravenize means run the ball well and use it to set up the pass also.  Generally play with a lead and have their way with you. 

We are undefeated and Super Bowl Champions and we've been to the AFCCG back to back.  We have beat the Ravens twice in the past two years.  And we both dismantled the Texans. We could lose the game, but I don't think it would hurt for people to chill a little.  Suddenly Mahomes drifts and Andy can't call a game.  WTF.  

I think Andy’s more focused on integrating CEH into the offense and especially the running game than having passing game firing on all cylinders right now. Building towards January.  

Just now, Mloe68 said:

I think Andy’s more focused on integrating CEH into the offense and especially the running game than having passing game firing on all cylinders right now. Building towards January.  

My thoughts exactly. I feel Andy is using this 1st month of the season as our preseason and integrate CEH like you said. 

22 minutes ago, xen said:

And we still won.

Don't forget Pat was playing on a bum ankle as he had a high ankle sprain and KC didn't have Pennel nor did the Chiefs have a back like CEH.  

They might have different defensive personnel to put out there but they aren't going to see the same offense from week 3 of last year either.  

10 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

My thoughts exactly. I feel Andy is using this 1st month of the season as our preseason and integrate CEH like you said. 

We saw it last year with Andy really working on short passing game in the middle of the season. We just didn’t look the same for stretches. But we got to the playoffs a more diverse team and the offense opened up a can of whoop ass. 

6 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Don't forget Pat was playing on a bum ankle as he had a high ankle sprain and KC didn't have Pennel nor did the Chiefs have a back like CEH.  

They might have different defensive personnel to put out there but they aren't going to see the same offense from week 3 of last year either.  

My concern on defense is our LBs have looked bad and with Ward out or limited and Breeland suspended we’ve got two rookie corners who are gonna play a lot. Again dividends down the road. We missed Clark against LA. He’s crucial. 

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

My concern on defense is our LBs have looked bad and with Ward out or limited and Breeland suspended we’ve got two rookie corners who are gonna play a lot. Again dividends down the road. We missed Clark against LA. He’s crucial. 

Plus whose going to cover their tight end?  I have lots of concerns about this game.