RIP Gale Sayers

reesebobby

17 minutes ago, xen said:

before my time.  How similar was he to Barry Sanders?  Thats kind of the comp I always thought of when I saw highlights.

JMO here but I'd say he was more like Jamal Charles..for his time he was exceptionally fast .. a cut here a cut there see an opening and gone!

Dave Wannstedt said  yesterday that in Chi town it is still debated who the best athlete in Chi towns history is  between  MJ or G-Sayers?. Said he most certainly would be on the  Chi Town Sports  Mt Rushmore. Kinda hard to be believe and maybe Hyperbole but it certainly shows the town's respect for the man.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Dave Wannstedt said  yesterday that in Chi town it is still debated who the best athlete in Chi towns history is  between  MJ or G-Sayers?. Said he most certainly would be on the  Chi Town Sports  Mt Rushmore. Kinda hard to be believe and maybe Hyperbole but it certainly shows the town's respect for the man.

I would think Butkus would be in the discussion also. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I would think Butkus would be in the discussion also. 

yea the town has a long list of iconic  players on it's variety of teams. All but impossible to cut it down to 4 ( ie Mt Rushmore). I would have to think ..JMO it would have to start with  MJ and Sweetness