Handswarmer

FROM THE RAVENS WEB SITE

It would be an overreaction to say that the season is over and that Jackson and company can’t win the Super Bowl. There is no finality here. What is clear, is that it’s hard to have confidence in the Baltimore Ravens in a big spot. The Ravens have failed to beat the Chiefs three times in a row. They have two early playoff exits in a row. It’s too early to say that the Ravens are pretenders. It does however look like the Chiefs are going to run away with the number one seed. Who stops this team? They are the unquestioned cream of the crop.

The Bottom Line:

The Ravens had a chance to be 3-0 and to look like world beaters. Instead they fell behind the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC North and they had an embarrassing showing. The score looked better than it was. The Chiefs ran away with this one, had a couple of hiccups and ran back away with it.

Jackson had 97 passing yards. The Ravens got away from the run again, and the offense broke down. The Ravens are right back where they were against the Titans. The only difference is that the season isn’t over. That’s it. That’s the only difference. The Ravens played poorly for much of the game, the Chiefs didn’t.

Quick thoughts on Ravens-Chiefs Monday-night tilt

It was not a good night to be a Ravens fan. Or a Ravens player. Or a Ravens somewhat-mild-enthusiast. In short, it was ugly.

There’s a lot to break down from this game, and all of it leads to the Chiefs completely out-playing, out-coaching and generally out-classing the Ravens to the tune of a 34-20 thrashing in front of a handful of fans on Monday Night Football. Let’s take a quick look back on this disaster.

Andy Reid and his staff absolutely demolished John Harbaugh and his coaches. The Kansas City offense was a blur of movement and misdirection that left Ravens defenders woefully out of position from whistle to whistle, and the Chiefs’ defense seemed to baffle the Ravens blocking plans, time after time. The Ravens needed to run the ball early and often — regardless the fronts they were presented. They did not.

• Patrick Mahomes is just so skilled, and so aware of his surroundings on each and every play — that is a combination that leads to both sustained drives and explosive plays downfield.

Lamar Jackson was not good. He was bad. He was not helped out by the game plan. He was not helped out by a handful of drops. He was not helped out by the defense being unable to keep the Chiefs under control. All of these things are true. But he is the defending MVP and a transcendent talent. His team needed more from him tonight.

More Pre Game article from the Ravens Site....HA HA HA HA

The Ravens glided through their 2019 schedule, winning their last 12 games and ending with an NFL-best 14-2 record. They were then bounced from the playoffs by the Tennessee Titans and became one of the best teams in recent memory to not win a playoff game, let alone the Super Bowl. Because of this, Baltimore has faced some disrespect in the form of skepticism that they can win when it matters most. Granted that this is a valid observation given the team is 0-2 in the playoffs during the Lamar Jackson era, it’s still a sore spot for players and fans.

Well here’s your chance to prove you can win the big one. The Ravens have the opportunity of a lifetime to knock off the defending champs in front of the whole world. We all know how good this football team is and based off talent it’s better than the Chiefs. Baltimore should win this game, and because of that, it’s borderline inexcusable to lose this game.

The team simply can’t afford it. The Ravens have to prove that they’re capable of beating quality opponents and in primetime no less. It has to set a precedent that it’s not a squad to be taken lightly and that they’re truly contenders and not the pretenders they were a year ago. You want to be taken more seriously? Then you need to beat the Chiefs. If you can’t, then why should we believe in you?

“You only get one shot. Do not miss your chance to blow, ‘cuz opportunity comes once in a lifetime.” -Eminem. This is your shot, so go make something out of it.

More From BALT.

1) There is no “rivalry”

For the better part of the last year or so, many in the national media, along with fans and spectators, have billed the Ravens and Chiefs as a rivalry — in large part due to the quarterback matchup of Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes.

It’s time to put this false narrative to bed.

The Chiefs simply have the Ravens number and until further notice, there is no rivalry to be found here. Not between Jackson and Mahomes; not between the Ravens and Chiefs.

Jackson is now 0-3 against the Chiefs in his young career, and the Ravens have not beaten Kansas City against since 2012. If a few more bounces go the Ravens in their matchups against the Chiefs in 2018 and 2019, sure — maybe they win those games. And sure, we saw a somewhat, brief valiant comeback effort in the second half.

But it doesn’t matter in the big picture.

Baltimore’s super bowl aspirations begin and end with going through the defending champions. Until further notice, the prospects of that happening do not appea

Just now, Handswarmer said:

I am sorry, I did not watch the game last night. A good friend and a mentor passed away. I was with his family till late and just didn't have the heart to watch the game.

Will watch it later tonight. Congrats on winning.

my condolences on your personal loss & watching the game  wont help. Times like  that really show how little these silly games really mean.

24 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I am sorry, I did not watch the game last night. A good friend and a mentor passed away. I was with his family till late and just didn't have the heart to watch the game.

No need to apologize for that. My condolences on the loss of your friend.  

My condolences as well Hands...

It was a good game....Chiefs were better last night but the Ravens will learn from the loss.

I think the Chiefs are just a better built team for today's NFL.

They just have too many high quality weapons on Offense and they have 3 game changers (Clark, Jones and Honey Badger) on Defense.

w

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

I love nothing more than blindly rooting for the Chiefs and even with a little back and fourth mixed in.  None the less it’s still just a game and sorry to hear about your friend.  Not many true friends we have and it’s just another reminder what really matters in life.