Handswarmer

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Thank you all.

Watched the game- that was a curb stomp. Reid and Spags outcoached Harbs and Roman. LJ8 had his worst game as a Pro. Mahomes finds new ways to win. Pass rush needs improvement. Chiefs Oline and Dline won the night.

Doesn't mean the season is over- means it got tougher in the playoffs.

Yup I’m thinking that game will come down to the bye and home field “advantage”

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Thank you all.

Watched the game- that was a curb stomp. Reid and Spags outcoached Harbs and Roman. LJ8 had his worst game as a Pro. Mahomes finds new ways to win. Pass rush needs improvement. Chiefs Oline and Dline won the night.

Doesn't mean the season is over- means it got tougher in the playoffs.

Do you suppose the Steeler staff took good note on how to defend LJ?  Agree that the Chiefs and Crows will both make the playoffs, but there's no guarantee that they will meet again.  The Bills, Steelers, and even the Titans are off to good starts and one game in the standings looms big at the end of the season.  Jackson had a great season last year, but teams will adjust and he's going to have to become a better pocket passer and be able to come from behind.  Until then, I would put him even close to the level of Rogers, Wilson, or Mahomes.  Another point, and a big one, is the difference between the sideline attitudes of Jackson and Mahomes when their teams are trailing.  Jackson may grow into it, but on Monday and in the playoffs last year, the confidence and leadership on the bench seemed to be missing.  Jackson looked beaten.  Mahomes looked ready for a fight. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Do you suppose the Steeler staff took good note on how to defend LJ?  Agree that the Chiefs and Crows will both make the playoffs, but there's no guarantee that they will meet again.  The Bills, Steelers, and even the Titans are off to good starts and one game in the standings looms big at the end of the season.  Jackson had a great season last year, but teams will adjust and he's going to have to become a better pocket passer and be able to come from behind.  Until then, I would put him even close to the level of Rogers, Wilson, or Mahomes.  Another point, and a big one, is the difference between the sideline attitudes of Jackson and Mahomes when their teams are trailing.  Jackson may grow into it, but on Monday and in the playoffs last year, the confidence and leadership on the bench seemed to be missing.  Jackson looked beaten.  Mahomes looked ready for a fight. 

Jackson has bad body language when playing from behind. His sideline energy is non existent. He seems to sit by himself almost sulking. His physical talent is head & shoulders above his mental approach to the game. When it comes to the mental part of being a QB and  being a true leader, he seems lacking.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:59 AM, Handswarmer said:

I am sorry, I did not watch the game last night. A good friend and a mentor passed away. I was with his family till late and just didn't have the heart to watch the game.

Will watch it later tonight. Congrats on winning.

Sorry to hear about your loss Hands.  Praying for you and your friends’ family.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Lamar is RGIII, Jr. 2.0. Remember how the league raved about him. In the NFL a QB has to be able to pass when behind. Most QBs can flip the ball to a TE down the middle when you have a lead and everybody in the world thinks you're going to run. It's about converting 3rd and 15 late in the game when you're 10 points behind

On 9/29/2020 at 9:59 AM, Handswarmer said:

I am sorry, I did not watch the game last night. A good friend and a mentor passed away. I was with his family till late and just didn't have the heart to watch the game.

Will watch it later tonight. Congrats on winning.

Sorry to hear, this is awful.  Hope you are able to get some sense or normality back each day buddy.

On 9/30/2020 at 1:57 PM, AFCWEST said:

Jackson has bad body language when playing from behind. His sideline energy is non existent. He seems to sit by himself almost sulking. His physical talent is head & shoulders above his mental approach to the game. When it comes to the mental part of being a QB and  being a true leader, he seems lacking.

This is a good observation. One of the things I love about Mahomes is he is such a leader on the sidelines. I've noticed Jackson , and Watson for that matter, are usually shown sitting by themselves...looking dejected when things aren't going well. Remember the mic'd up stuff of Mahomes on the sidelines during the playoffs? This guy never gives up...never quits. We are all witnesses.

21 hours ago, DieHard said:

Bad decision making on the Ravens play calling.  "Hey, we are running for 7.5 yards per carry.  Let's get pass happy."

I know you are playing catchup, but punting isn't a good catchup strategy.

"Die'in ain't much of a living, boy"  Josey Wales

I could not believe that happened. Best defense against Mahomes is keeping him on the bench. Long, grinding drives that take the heart out of a defense are what was needed. 1st possession grinding down the field; three passes and a FG. Not good. Next possession, 20 yd run wiped out by aphantom tripping call, 1st and 20, 3 straight passes and a punt. Not good. I said "Game Over" after that drive.

The Ravens went up to the Bully and instead of punching him in the face, they hit him in the belly and the Bully laughed. Then they got their ass beat.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I could not believe that happened. Best defense against Mahomes is keeping him on the bench. Long, grinding drives that take the heart out of a defense are what was needed. 1st possession grinding down the field; three passes and a FG. Not good. Next possession, 20 yd run wiped out by aphantom tripping call, 1st and 20, 3 straight passes and a punt. Not good. I said "Game Over" after that drive.

The Ravens went up to the Bully and instead of punching him in the face, they hit him in the belly and the Bully laughed. Then they got their ass beat.

I agree. I also think Jackson got let down some by his tight end. Every little play is meaningful in these type of games. 

6 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Yep. Next tome they should RTFB and then RTFB again. Regardless of the score. 

48 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I am not saying it will work, but it’s their best chance.

Their best chance against us is if mahomes doesn't play. 

They have a great defense that is highly effective against most of the league (personally I love aggressive DCs like Wink and Spags) so I don't think they change it up, but it could not be constructed worse against a team like ours.  

On a side note, "Wink and Spags" sounds like a great buddy cop movie.  That, or a really dirty sexual euphemism.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Their best chance against us is if mahomes doesn't play. 

They have a great defense that is highly effective against most of the league (personally I love aggressive DCs like Wink and Spags) so I don't think they change it up, but it could not be constructed worse against a team like ours.  

On a side note, "Wink and Spags" sounds like a great buddy cop movie.  That, or a really dirty sexual euphemism.

Prostitute: "What can I do for you?"

A john: "Give me a Wink & Spags, please"