Chiefs Db’s

Been a lot of shit talk here for 2 years about our DB’s. Freaking out in the draft etc.

That group  has been balling since about halfway last year. Fenton, Ward, and Breeland are ballers. Now add in Sneed. Who looks like a shutdown corner 3 games into his career That young group is going to be one of the best groups in the league.
Add in a great Group of safeties to that... 

Better recognize.

I think it points to the new NFL.

Pass rush is a premium commodity.

Look at the Chiefs-Chargers game again....That Chargers Pass Rush was very tough on Patrick.

Also, I agree the Chiefs DB's are playing really well

w

We’ve always had a good pass rush 

however, when scandrick, Nelson, et al were back there, it didn’t matter 

24 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Been a lot of shit talk here for 2 years about our DB’s. Freaking out in the draft etc.

That group  has been balling since about halfway last year. Fenton, Ward, and Breeland are ballers. Now add in Sneed. Who looks like a shutdown corner 3 games into his career That young group is going to be one of the best groups in the league.
Add in a great Group of safeties to that... 

Better recognize.

I plead guilty to freaking out about the DBs in the past. I like this group though.

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

How many of you that watched the game wpuld trade next years 4th round pick for Peters?

Nope. His price tag is way to high. Get Ward extended and go forward with Snead and Fenton next year. Draft a CB if there early that is to good to pass up or draft a development type one later on. The pass rush is what makes Spags D go so that might be worth a look at too.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Nope. His price tag is way to high. Get Ward extended and go forward with Snead and Fenton next year. Draft a CB if there early that is to good to pass up or draft a development type one later on. The pass rush is what makes Spags D go so that might be worth a look at too.

We have had a lot of guys that could get after the passer.  Hali, Houston and Ford to name a few.  But those guys didn't have the athleticism to deal with somebody like Lamar Jackson in space. That's the difference to me with past defenses. 

Clark is much better than Ford. Ford also seemed to he hurt and could only rush the passer, Clark can do this plus run defense and set the edge. Hali was old at that point. Houston was good and he could have done well in this defense. They also played the 3-4 then but I will take this 43 defense players any day. 

The only caveat to the DBs for this year is they have faced only one legit #1 WR. Houston has a bunch of #2, San Diego has Allen, and Baltimore has one #2 and a bunch of #3 or worse. Bills, Bucs, Saints, Falcons are really the big tests for the DBs. I always felt the opening of our schedule was pretty tough, followed by a lot of middling teams until the NFC South games. If we beat the Patriots and start 4-0, I think we can pretty much go 13-3 as the floor. Probably push 14-2 or 15-1.

Something that helps the CBs is the Chiefs playing four safeties.  At times last night, the Chiefs had HB, Thornhill, Sorenson, and Tedrick on the field at the same time.  That's a lot of help for the secondary.  Can you imagine Sutton trying to devise a defense against the Ravens?  "Everyone wait to see who has the ball and then try to chase him down before he crosses the goal line.?

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

Something that helps the CBs is the Chiefs playing four safeties.  At times last night, the Chiefs had HB, Thornhill, Sorenson, and Tedrick on the field at the same time.  That's a lot of help for the secondary.  Can you imagine Sutton trying to devise a defense against the Ravens?  "Everyone wait to see who has the ball and then try to chase him down before he crosses the goal line.?

With Sneed out at least 6 weeks and Spags running 4 safeties at times.....maybe it’s time to bring in Earl Thomas.  I’m sure our locker room can keep him centered and he has to be better than Sorensen and Tedrick.