Chiefs vs Pats game thread

Andy's Chiefs are 3-3 vs Pats.  Taking out the 2 playoff losses to them, Andy's KC teams are 3-1 in the regular season vs Belichick.

In the regular season here are your final scores:

2014 W 41 - 14 at KC

2017 W 42 - 27 at NE

2018 L 40 - 43 at NE

2019 W 23 - 16 at NE

Cam Newton has an 0-2 career record vs KC

Defensive DVOA

NE is 25th in team defense DVOA through 3 weeks.   KC is 13th.

NE is 27th in pass defense DVOA and 19th in rush defense DVOA.

KC is 5th in pass defense DVOA and 30th in rush defense DVOA.

Offensive DVOA

NE 4th overall, KC 5th overall

NE is 1st in rushing DVOA and 10th in passing DVOA

KC is 1st in passing offense DVOA (by a fairly wide margin over Buffalo at 2 and Seattle at 3) and 27th in rushing offense DVOA.

There's a pretty good chance this is a blowout if our passing game is on point.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Andy's Chiefs are 3-3 vs Pats.  Taking out the 2 playoff losses to them, Andy's KC teams are 3-1 in the regular season vs Belichick.

In the regular season here are your final scores:

2014 W 41 - 14 at KC

2017 W 42 - 27 at NE

2018 L 40 - 43 at NE

2019 W 23 - 16 at NE

Cam Newton has an 0-2 career record vs KC

Defensive DVOA

NE is 25th in team defense DVOA through 3 weeks.   KC is 13th.

NE is 27th in pass defense DVOA and 19th in rush defense DVOA.

KC is 5th in pass defense DVOA and 30th in rush defense DVOA.

Offensive DVOA

NE 4th overall, KC 5th overall

NE is 1st in rushing DVOA and 10th in passing DVOA

KC is 1st in passing offense DVOA (by a fairly wide margin over Buffalo at 2 and Seattle at 3) and 27th in rushing offense DVOA.

There's a pretty good chance this is a blowout if our passing game is on point.

Looks like Bill will run run run

Nothing would make me happier than to beat the Patriots so thoroughly and embarrassingly that Bill retires during the post game presser.  Kraft, so overwhelmed by the beating and Bill's sudden retirement, goes downtown to Yu Hung massage parlor for a 100 dollar rub and tug and is promptly arrested.  League owners, tired of their nonsense, kick them out of the league.  Also in a bold move they kick Brady and Gronk out of the league for their past involvement with the Patriots.   All of them are fined everything they own and they die penniless in a homeless shelter. 

That's my dream. 

47 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Nothing would make me happier than to beat the Patriots so thoroughly and embarrassingly that Bill retires during the post game presser.  Kraft, so overwhelmed by the beating and Bill's sudden retirement, goes downtown to Yu Hung massage parlor for a 100 dollar rub and tug and is promptly arrested.  League owners, tired of their nonsense, kick them out of the league.  Also in a bold move they kick Brady and Gronk out of the league for their past involvement with the Patriots.   All of them are fined everything they own and they die penniless in a homeless shelter. 

That's my dream. 

Wow, that's a little extreme. :huh:

28 minutes ago, West said:

Kelce can do better.....

Going to be a tough, physical game....

w

Agreed!

15 minutes ago, qnet said:

Wow, that's a little extreme. :huh:

Go big or go home.  I forgot the part where all Patriots fans are kicked out of the United States and sent to an island prison colony in the South Pacific where they are forced to eat bugs and sticks.

9 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Go big or go home.  I forgot the part where all Patriots fans are kicked out of the United States and sent to an island prison colony in the South Pacific where they are forced to eat bugs and sticks.

They need to make a documentary about that

R-7847482-1452230429-5690.png.jpg

Gonna be hard for their D to generate pass rush with just 4 which doesn't bode well for them.  But they have a true shut down corner and BB who is a genius on that side of the ball.   He will make it challenging at least.    Offensively Cam might not be elite but he's good enough to make it tough on our LB's and I guarantee you that BB is going to focus on our piss poor unit.  We should beat them by 14 but never know.   I'm interested to see how we look after we smoked Balt.    I think major letdowns are a thing of the past.  The D is still hungry to prove people wrong and our O seems to be clicking.   

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Gonna be hard for their D to generate pass rush with just 4 which doesn't bode well for them.  But they have a true shut down corner and BB who is a genius on that side of the ball.   He will make it challenging at least.    Offensively Cam might not be elite but he's good enough to make it tough on our LB's and I guarantee you that BB is going to focus on our piss poor unit.  We should beat them by 14 but never know.   I'm interested to see how we look after we smoked Balt.    I think major letdowns are a thing of the past.  The D is still hungry to prove people wrong and our O seems to be clicking.   

The LBs are an issue, but played much better on Monday than in the first two games.  Also, the D had seven missed tackles vs. around 14 the week previous.  Not saying they are good, but maybe not the liability they were earlier.  Biggest worry is the short week.  Second biggest is the team coming down off a resounding win in the NFL regular season game of the year.  Third, the injuries, especially to Sneed.    I'll bet Cam doesn't sulk on the bench like LJ did if things don't go well in the first half. 

This is Spagnuolo's game to make a true statement. Defense looked much improved last week but can they be consistent? If Chiefs can limit the run and force Can into a passing game it will play into Spags' hands. I don't worry about the offense. I think they will get their's.

Chiefs 37-Pats 23.