Chiefs vs Pats game thread

I'm far more worried about Cam than Brady at this point for stylistic reasons.

I'm worried because you can never count out Belichick and the run defense has to step up for us, but the Patriots D is not the same as in past years in part because of a ton of COVID opt-outs.  We SHOULD win.  We'll see.

Just now, reesebobby said:

Seems like I hear that every game. 

I mean, in the games that we lost last year, the run game was part of it, but it's not some silver bullet to beat us.  We can overcome it pretty easily as long as our offense is firing on all cylinders.

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I mean, in the games that we lost last year, the run game was part of it, but it's not some silver bullet to beat us.  We can overcome it pretty easily as long as our offense is firing on all cylinders.

It's always OMG, the Titans are gonna run all over us.  OMG, the 49ers are gonna run all over us.  OMG, the Ravens are gonna run all over us. OMG the Patriots are gonna run all over us.  It's always gonna be a long day and someone is always gonna run all over us.

3 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm far more worried about Cam than Brady at this point for stylistic reasons.

I'm worried because you can never count out Belichick and the run defense has to step up for us, but the Patriots D is not the same as in past years in part because of a ton of COVID opt-outs.  We SHOULD win.  We'll see.

Brady would have picked our corners apart.  No Sneed, no Breeland, broken handed Ward.  Cam's got different talents and may cause the Chiefs more trouble with his scrambles, but with the problems at CB, the Chiefs are lucky not to face the old master. 

25 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Brady would have picked our corners apart.  No Sneed, no Breeland, broken handed Ward.  Cam's got different talents and may cause the Chiefs more trouble with his scrambles, but with the problems at CB, the Chiefs are lucky not to face the old master. 

When I said what I said I'm factoring in Brady's decline and the current NE WRs.  I think we would get to Brady the same way we got to Flacco last year.

Brady in TB is a different story because of their weapons, but I don't think he scares me very much at this point.

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

It's always OMG, the Titans are gonna run all over us.  OMG, the 49ers are gonna run all over us.  OMG, the Ravens are gonna run all over us. OMG the Patriots are gonna run all over us.  It's always gonna be a long day and someone is always gonna run all over us.

Thats not what I said.  I said IF they run all over us.  I think we'd win anyway but it is a formula to try and keep it close (assuming you can slow us down with your D as well) and you never know what will happen in a close game.  Hell they gotta try something.  Frankly i don't think there exists a strategy to consistently hang with KC.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

When I said what I said I'm factoring in Brady's decline and the current NE WRs.  I think we would get to Brady the same way we got to Flacco last year.

Brady in TB is a different story because of their weapons, but I don't think he scares me very much at this point.

yeah I would agree on both points.  Though TB has a lot of time to get it together before we face them.  They certainly do have some impressive skill players in Tompa.

5 minutes ago, xen said:

Thats not what I said.  I said IF they run all over us.  I think we'd win anyway but it is a formula to try and keep it close (assuming you can slow us down with your D as well) and you never know what will happen in a close game.  Hell they gotta try something.  Frankly i don't think there exists a strategy to consistently hang with KC.

I just wish we could draft/sign some DAMN LB's that could actually stop the run.. Then, teams running all over us would even be an issue.

It's gonna remain a concern until we consistently stop it. Teams will always have that advantage on us, and until we can show that we won't allow teams to run on us IT WILL ALWAYS BE a concern. 

Reid forces teams out of their strategy and MOST teams abandon the run game because we get up on them.

Belichick WILL NOT abandon the run game. Cam will run, Burkhead will run, Sony will RUN and James White will catch a shitload of passes from Cam. 

13 minutes ago, artsy said:

I just wish we could draft/sign some DAMN LB's that could actually stop the run.. Then, teams running all over us would even be an issue.

It's gonna remain a concern until we consistently stop it. Teams will always have that advantage on us, and until we can show that we won't allow teams to run on us IT WILL ALWAYS BE a concern. 

Reid forces teams out of their strategy and MOST teams abandon the run game because we get up on them.

Belichick WILL NOT abandon the run game. Cam will run, Burkhead will run, Sony will RUN and James White will catch a shitload of passes from Cam. 

Remember last time when they beat us in the AFCCG they used a healthy dose of ball control strategy to keep us off the field and it worked.  But this is a much different team than that one, with more ways to beat you.

I dont think that D can hang with us now so I think we'll see mahomes and co get up on them enough that ball control may not be an option.  

But hell its belichick.  The strategy will probably be some crazy MacGyver shit involving paperclips and chewing gum, with a subplot where they sneak into Arrowhead and plant landmines under the field.

40 minutes ago, xen said:

Remember last time when they beat us in the AFCCG they used a healthy dose of ball control strategy to keep us off the field and it worked.  But this is a much different team than that one, with more ways to beat you.

I dont think that D can hang with us now so I think we'll see mahomes and co get up on them enough that ball control may not be an option.  

But hell its belichick.  The strategy will probably be some crazy MacGyver shit involving paperclips and chewing gum, with a subplot where they sneak into Arrowhead and plant landmines under the field.

Not that it can't happen again, but that was against Sutton's famous bend like a mother fucker and then break defense.  That was a common theme that  I don't really remember under Spags.  It's what I would try to do also, but if the 49ers, Titans and Ravens didn't get it done, I don't know why to think the Patriots could.  Other than Bill is probably more disciplined in sticking with a game plan.  Some of those other teams got away from it pretty fast.

35 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Not that it can't happen again, but that was against Sutton's famous bend like a mother fucker and then break defense.  That was a common theme that  I don't really remember under Spags.  It's what I would try to do also, but if the 49ers, Titans and Ravens didn't get it done, I don't know why to think the Patriots could.  Other than Bill is probably more disciplined in sticking with a game plan.  Some of those other teams got away from it pretty fast.

The Mahomes Effect

Fear of Mahomes will get you out of a gameplan fast. 

Belichick is less susceptible to that than most though as he won't panic like the ravens.

That said, he'll run it til we prove we can stop it.  If we stop the run this game is over as they can't hang with us in a track meet.

1 hour ago, xen said:

The difference now is Andy calls some ball control plays too. The Chiefs can take away possessions just as well as anybody else. So the defense is better rested , has depth in the dline rotation and brings it in the 4th quarter, when is " blood in the water".

9 hours ago, reesebobby said:

When teams do run all over us, we are far more likely to lose.  It just doesn’t happen very often. 

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

The difference now is Andy calls some ball control plays too. The Chiefs can take away possessions just as well as anybody else. So the defense is better rested , has depth in the dline rotation and brings it in the 4th quarter, when is " blood in the water".

The only times we should be playing ball control is with a big lead or to give the defense a rest.  Just much more efficient to let mahomes wing it.  But yeah, sure is nice to know we can play whatever type of game is required.