Chiefs vs Pats game thread

We gotta fix our oline problems. Buffalo and Tampa have very good front 7. If they can drop 6 or 7 in coverage and apply pressure and stop our running game, we will lose. I wish we would've signed Wiz for one more year and had Osemele on the other side. 

Reiter and Wylie absolutely suck in the running game. Fisher has been struggling all season thus far. I'd rather go back to Remmers...

1 minute ago, artsy said:

We gotta fix our oline problems. Buffalo and Tampa have very good front 7. If they can drop 6 or 7 in coverage and apply pressure and stop our running game, we will lose. I wish we would've signed Wiz for one more year and had Osemele on the other side. 

Reiter and Wylie absolutely suck in the running game. Fisher has been struggling all season thus far. I'd rather go back to Remmers...

13 wins in a row. So no team is perfect. Mahomes had a bad day so that plan probably failed if he was on. Im not concerned and do not see KC as a running team anyway.

1 hour ago, artsy said:

I wish our oline was good enough to make RUN the ball and makes teams pay for these light  boxes we've been seeing. We're gonna start to see them more and more because that strategy seems to slow us down significantly. 

Our Center and RG suck. And our LB's are STILL bad (Hitch and Wilson). I guess nobody's perfect right??

No doubt our Oline has issues. It is what it is. I'm hopeful that as we start playing some lesser quality teams we will see more production from the run game.

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I'd like to remind everyone that a "Bad Game" for Mahomes is apparently 66%, 236 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs (yes 1 or 2 were dropped), 8.1 YPA, and the win.

We're so spoiled.

Yes were spoiled. Pat struggled against LA and Pats. They both deployed similar game plans. Pat did not step up in the pocket against either of the outside pass rushers (although he did a little in the 2nd half). We have to be able to run against these light boxes. 

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yes were spoiled. Pat struggled against LA and Pats. They both deployed similar game plans. Pat did not step up in the pocket against either of the outside pass rushers (although he did a little in the 2nd half). We have to be able to run against these light boxes. 

Apparently not. Just wins. 

14 minutes ago, dhitter said:

No doubt our Oline has issues. It is what it is. I'm hopeful that as we start playing some lesser quality teams we will see more production from the run game.

The backup guard is better than Wylie... but they keep running him out there. I miss Wiz.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm seeing lots of chatter about the Mahomes in-the-grasp, we were on the wrong end of the worst in-the-grasp call ever in the Tennessee playoff game, this one I think was at least close to justified, so everyone else can die mad about it.

pats fans are all PO'd about it...now they get to experience the other side without a HOF QB just like Denver did

58 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Good point about Jimmy G, but I'm shocked you don't remember the Titans play.

Yeah, that was definitely the same kind of call. That's one of those games I'm almost glad I  don't remember everything about. 

40 minutes ago, artsy said:

Thanks for making that point. 

Patrick needs to work on stepping up into the pocket on certain plays

9 minutes ago, qnet said:

Yeah, that was definitely the same kind of call. That's one of those games I'm almost glad I  don't remember everything about. 

I don't know, I think your Jimmy G comparison was much better.  The Mahomes one was a quick whistle but they do call it that way sometimes, just like Jimmy G.  The Mariota one was one of the worst calls I've seen in my entire life, to say he was down at the moment if the hit. 

26 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Well we are 4-0 ;). Like I said. We overcome our weaknesses through our obvious strengths. Not complaining...we're world champs on our way to another.

KC is 5 wins away from not losing a game for a full calendar year.  Not likely but possible.  Would have to start 9-0

10 minutes ago, artsy said:

Nice to finally see Gay getting some meaningful reps!!

Now all he has to do is learn to play the SAM/MLB position and we can finally bench Hitchens..

He won't be playing mlb.  Spags was saying Sam first then Will once he learns to play.  That does make sense with his skillset.  You want a guy with his athleticism playing in space, not sifting through trash.

52 minutes ago, xen said:

He won't be playing mlb.  Spags was saying Sam first then Will once he learns to play.  That does make sense with his skillset.  You want a guy with his athleticism playing in space, not sifting through trash.

Bingo! I'm just happy to see the kid getting more reps. Tells me he is doing enough to earn them. I'm hopeful that by the time we get to week 10 he can be good enough to be a starter even if he is still subbing.

1 hour ago, xen said:

They have obvious plans for him to be on the field on all 3 plans.  Gonna take him a bit to learn.  He is so much more physical that our other linebackers.  I saw him stack a lineman in the hole last night.  Our other guys get washed out on the regular.   He will pay dividends at the end of the year.