Newton has the ‘Rona

It's troubling, for sure.  I just don't see the NFL shutting it down.  Hockey, baseball and basketball have/are all having some sort of season.  The NFL is all about the Benjamins.  Any season - even if modified - is better than no season at all from their perspective. I agree.  Keep testing, keep all protocols in place and handle game delays and postponements on a case-by-case basis.  Extend the season by a month if need be.  

Semo summed it up perfectly.  2020 sucks a bag of dicks.

Contract tracing might kill this game.  Guess we'll see.  

Per the NFL, here’s how they handle the return of players after a positive COVID test.

Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:

• 10 days have passed since the initial positive test; OR
  • Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return once:

• At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND
  • At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms

All players must get clearance from the club’s Head Physician in both cases.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

3 games in 9 days is asking for a major injury.  I’d already be starting that request if I was KC.

Since there's no attendees in NY, it might be good to move the Bills game to a Sunday start and let some other teams move to Thursday.  If the Chiefs play this Tuesday, it will be another TV payday for the league anyway. 

39 minutes ago, moons314 said:

So stupid.  Sit the people who test positive, play the rest.  Moving games for 1 or 2 positives is the height of fucking ignorance, par with our modern society.  Every lost dollar is well deserved.  

Remember, the decisions are made in the NY media confines and the snowflakes there see every positive test as a disaster. 

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

3 games in 9 days is asking for a major injury.  I’d already be starting that request if I was KC.

If they played on Sunday it would be 3 games in 12 days staring on Sunday. So they play 1 say later making it 3 in 11 days. They get another day of rest and are still at home for the next game. We will be fine.

I am seeing Monday lately if all is good for tomorrow on testing. So Monday and Sunday ar home. Then Thursday at Bills.