Newton has the ‘Rona

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Chiefs/Patriots game has been scheduled for Monday at 7:05 ET on CBS and the Falcons/Packers kickoff time has been pushed back to 8:50 ET. 

The Chiefs and Patriots have both turned in a full set of negative COVID-19 tests as of Sunday morning. That bodes well for the two teams to square off on Monday night. The only player missing the game due to COVID will be Cam Newton, whose positive test spurred the move to Monday. Fantasy managers can plan on having all Chiefs and Patriots players available for Week 4 except Newton.

Doesn't seem to be indication that they will do that.  If both teams (Chiefs / Bills) play on Sunday of next week, it would be hard to make that case.

But if the Bills don't play next week because the Titans' issues persist, that would be a real competitive advantage and I would think they would have to consider it.

3 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Doesn't seem to be indication that they will do that.  If both teams (Chiefs / Bills) play on Sunday of next week, it would be hard to make that case.

But if the Bills don't play next week because the Titans' issues persist, that would be a real competitive advantage and I would think they would have to consider it.

Does the NFLPA get to have input about a team having to play three games in ten days?  Giving the Bills an unscheduled bye week while the Chiefs have those games piled up is a clear issue. 

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Does the NFLPA get to have input about a team having to play three games in ten days?  Giving the Bills an unscheduled bye week while the Chiefs have those games piled up is a clear issue. 

They won't say anything.  We only lost 1 day off of what we were already scheduled for.

50 minutes ago, xen said:

They won't say anything.  We only lost 1 day off of what we were already scheduled for.

Still two short weeks in a row.  Maybe the Chiefs can get the Pats game in hand early and rest Jones, but teams have a habit of not doing as well when they should win easily. 

29 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Still two short weeks in a row.  Maybe the Chiefs can get the Pats game in hand early and rest Jones, but teams have a habit of not doing as well when they should win easily. 

Oh it sucks for us no doubt I'm just saying the nflpa won't do shit about it.

Still not sure why people are so convinced the season will get canceled.  Like I said I can pretty much guarantee that the players and owners are going to want to push through like baseball did.  Whether they do that by stretching out the season or canceling games I don't know, but the only way I see them not crowning a champion is if states start locking down again thus making it impossible, and even then I think they'll want to come up with a different solution like relocating to the more permissive states.

NBA basically started in an extremely controlled environment with only a handful of guys missing. NFL is already under way with quite a few players already missing and not sure what will happen when they come back. Would they allow Cam to enter the "camp" after a quarantine? They can eventually opt to push forward no matter what but similar to NBA it won't be anywhere close to a real season experience. 

This season is happening.   These guys will get it, quarantine for a couple weeks and return.  Worse case is they push the season back which they have the luxury of doing.  To much money on the line.  The only reason this season gets cancelled is if multiple players die from it.

While I agree the season is going to happen, I don't think it will take MULTIPLE DEATHS to cancel it.  I think one person who gets hospitalized / in serious condition might do it.  But I don't think that will happen.  We haven't heard of any of these healthy athletes experiencing serious short-term complications that require hospitalization or anything like that.

There is the possibility that it's doing long-term heart damage or something like that, but that's not going to cancel the season right now.

38 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

While I agree the season is going to happen, I don't think it will take MULTIPLE DEATHS to cancel it.  I think one person who gets hospitalized / in serious condition might do it.  But I don't think that will happen.  We haven't heard of any of these healthy athletes experiencing serious short-term complications that require hospitalization or anything like that.

There is the possibility that it's doing long-term heart damage or something like that, but that's not going to cancel the season right now.

Nothing to do with the NFL season disruptions, but one has to wonder how many players and/or staff would get the virus if the season WASN'T played.  Out of several thousand people, wouldn't just as many test positive, if tested several time/week, on the outside as they do when playing a team game?  That same question has been beat to death relating the college football but the answer never is conclusive. 

I agree that I think football players, compared to other sports, have a team-first "all-for-one" mentality and they tend to be decent rule-followers.  So I do think they are probably being more careful with the team's season on the line than they might under other conditions.  Of course, with about 1700 players on the active rosters not to mention practice squads and coaches and staff they have the highest degree of difficulty.