Newton has the ‘Rona

10 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I agree that I think football players, compared to other sports, have a team-first "all-for-one" mentality and they tend to be decent rule-followers.  So I do think they are probably being more careful with the team's season on the line than they might under other conditions.  Of course, with about 1700 players on the active rosters not to mention practice squads and coaches and staff they have the highest degree of difficulty.

Okay, but the point is that if there was no season this year, the players would be more exposed to the virus in their daily lives than in the protected environment of the team facilities.  I believe in protecting the players and everyone else, but don't think team activities is the real danger compared to the outside world. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Nothing to do with the NFL season disruptions, but one has to wonder how many players and/or staff would get the virus if the season WASN'T played.  Out of several thousand people, wouldn't just as many test positive, if tested several time/week, on the outside as they do when playing a team game?  That same question has been beat to death relating the college football but the answer never is conclusive. 

I'm willing to bet it would be a good bit worse.