I remember way back when he was drafted, and you guys were touted him. Everyone was disappointed when he got hurt his rookie season, I think it was even in training camp. You all sure were right, I knew nothing about him at the time.  He's definitely a Hall of famer IMO. 

He may not get to Tony G numbers, because of what Jetlord mentioned, but him and Mahomes have a nice connection.

Kelce is a special breed and an all around great player. The "GOAT" status seems to be thrown around quite often lately, not sure if Kelce is at that level yet but frankly I don't think we can actually know about that when a player is actively playing. I think it mostly relies on recognition of that greatness when the player is no longer around. 

12 minutes ago, xen said:

Don't know about that.  Kelce has always played with at least good QBs.  Gonzo did it with good QBs as well as total dog crap QBs.  For now Gonzo is still the man.  

TG in this system would be even better.  Not taking anything away from Kelce, but Smith and Mahomes vs. Cassel and Palko? 

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Guess I’ll judge it when/if Kelce demands a trade..........................................

I don't blame TG for that.  The Chiefs at the time were a failing team with no end of the chaos in sight.  Why not go to a team with a chance at the SB at the end of one's career? 

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

While TG had worse qbs he also was the focus of our offense and we force fed him the ball a lot.  Both are awesome!  Hard to say who is better.   I don’t think Kelce plays long enough to catch TGs numbers.

TG played something like 17 years and received for 15,000+ yards.  Those are numbers that's hard to imagine any TE matching.  Kelce won't play that long.  

Just now, jetlord said:

TG played something like 17 years and received for 15,000+ yards.  Those are numbers that's hard to imagine any TE matching.  Kelce won't play that long.  

Kelce was older when he came in and missed his first year too. Be hard to get thise numbers but he may get the numbers for all time chiefs and only for being a Chiefs player.

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Was curious so looked this up.  Interesting.

Gonzo = 56.03 yards and 0.41 TD's per game, 7.45 targets per game

Kelce = 67.62 yards and 0.39 TD's per game.  7.48 targets per game 

For comparisons sake...

Gronk = 66.80 yards and 0.66 TD's per game

Kellen Winslow Sr = 61.84 yards and 0.41 TD's per game.  

Kittle = 67.48 yards and 0.28 TD's per game

NFL is very different than it was in Gonzo's prime. Right now passing game is barely a step up from tag football and there are more attempts to go around for everyone. I've never seen a TE as athletic as Kelce but he has been catching perfect throws for the last 3 years and before that it wasn't as bad as what Gonzo had to deal with after Trent. He should (and will) be in HOF but most of what Kelce is due to Gonzo revolutionizing the position for everyone. 

• 2 months later...

When I saw this, I thought Kelce would have scored. That was a great catch, but Kelce would have plowed through him. That’s how special of a TE we have. (Maybe I am wrong about this play, that’s just what I thought.) (And no, I didn’t post the video.)

On 10/5/2020 at 11:54 AM, jetlord said:

Only thing holding Kelce's reputation back is the fact that Mahomes has four other targets that need feeding so Kelce won't get the percentage of targets that TG did.  Still, 1000 yard season for a TE are impressive.   He's a sure HOFer in my mind. 

Although I still believe Kelce is a great TE, his numbers aren't as prolific without being here with Reid, mahomesandr Hill....IMO.

Kelce...Right place, right time.

13 minutes ago, artsy said:

Although I still believe Kelce is a great TE, his numbers aren't as prolific without being here with Reid, mahomesandr Hill....IMO.

Kelce...Right place, right time.

I don't know. He put up 1000 yards with Smith for a couple years and was the main focus or only option then too. Yes it helps to play with a great QB but where would Gronk be without Brady and Belichek?  Do you think they will not give him a gold jacket because of this?

26 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I don't know. He put up 1000 yards with Smith for a couple years and was the main focus or only option then too. Yes it helps to play with a great QB but where would Gronk be without Brady and Belichek?  Do you think they will not give him a gold jacket because of this?

No sir. Kelce will most definitely get a gold jacket..But do you think he would be the same player with Denver? or Cincy..

Who knows?? Without a good QB and a top notch WR, defenses could possibly scheme him out of a game. Of course that's the possiblity with most teams....Except KC.