If we draft wisely we have a chance to have a good line next year.  I think Niang has the ability to be better than Remmers at RT and Remmers  has been avg.   we draft a stud OC and get Rankins healthy and maybe sign Wiz to a one year vet deal and while it would be the 2002-03 Oline it would be the best Mahones has probably had and we’ve seen what he can do with a crappy line.

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

If we draft wisely we have a chance to have a good line next year.  I think Niang has the ability to be better than Remmers at RT and Remmers  has been avg.   we draft a stud OC and get Rankins healthy and maybe sign Wiz to a one year vet deal and while it would be the 2002-03 Oline it would be the best Mahones has probably had and we’ve seen what he can do with a crappy line.

I would want to see what he can do at LT if possible. Draft a center with Wiz and Rankins as guards. Schwartz at RT. This will allow us to develop middle picks for the guard position. Then go LB/DE in rounds 1 and 2 with bpa. Center in round 3 as it is a deep draft and FA this year plus many centers were taken last draft as it was deep. Other 3rd round I would look at TE/WR types.

In TG's column: better hands, better at catching with people all over him (i.e., boxing people out with his BB experience), better in the red zone- why he had so many TD's.

In TK's column: better speed, more agile (which makes him a better route runner). Probably more of a match up nightmare because of this. He's like a bulked up WR. 

Blocking is probably a push. Both were/are probably above average but TG was called on to run block much more (particularly during the pre-Vermeil days) so he may have the edge. TG revolutionized the TE position along with others like Shannon Sharpe and Kellen Winslow. 

On TK's side, the defenses have probably become much more exotic so the fact that he can operate regardless of the multiple defenses being played is very impressive.

On TG's side, defenses can no longer mug receivers like they used to. I'm sure TG would be even better in today's NFL, let alone in this offense. Tony was very athletic but he wasn't going to run away from anyone or juke them out of their shorts.

I personally think TG is still the guy. He had no one else doing anything on the WR end for most of his career so defenses could hone in on him and he was still unstoppable. Younger fans really don't understand how dominant that dude was. If you threw it with in 3 feet of the guy, he was going to make a play. I realize some fans still hold a grudge for Gonzalez wanting out of KC...you need to get over it. You should be blaming the Chiefs front office for never giving him a franchise QB his entire career (and no, I'm not including Joe Montana). Taking nothing away from Kelce, he is an athletic freak and his football IQ is vastly underrated. We should be counting our blessings we were able to have both in a Chief's uniform.

What I think is impressive about Kelce is he's got great numbers and we have never force fed him the ball like we did TG.   TG on the other hand was mugged and made tough catch after tough catch.   Looking at TG's numbers though, the longevity is just incredible.   I don't think Kelce can play long enough to get there.   He would need 5-6 years like this year to get close..... I can see 2-3 more.    Y'all are right though we need to develop someone behind him, just not sure if this draft is the one to do it.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:56 PM, Dan4pres said:

In TG's column: better hands, better at catching with people all over him (i.e., boxing people out with his BB experience), better in the red zone- why he had so many TD's.

In TK's column: better speed, more agile (which makes him a better route runner). Probably more of a match up nightmare because of this. He's like a bulked up WR. 

Blocking is probably a push. Both were/are probably above average but TG was called on to run block much more (particularly during the pre-Vermeil days) so he may have the edge. TG revolutionized the TE position along with others like Shannon Sharpe and Kellen Winslow. 

On TK's side, the defenses have probably become much more exotic so the fact that he can operate regardless of the multiple defenses being played is very impressive.

On TG's side, defenses can no longer mug receivers like they used to. I'm sure TG would be even better in today's NFL, let alone in this offense. Tony was very athletic but he wasn't going to run away from anyone or juke them out of their shorts.

I personally think TG is still the guy. He had no one else doing anything on the WR end for most of his career so defenses could hone in on him and he was still unstoppable. Younger fans really don't understand how dominant that dude was. If you threw it with in 3 feet of the guy, he was going to make a play. I realize some fans still hold a grudge for Gonzalez wanting out of KC...you need to get over it. You should be blaming the Chiefs front office for never giving him a franchise QB his entire career (and no, I'm not including Joe Montana). Taking nothing away from Kelce, he is an athletic freak and his football IQ is vastly underrated. We should be counting our blessings we were able to have both in a Chief's uniform.

I’m not sold on the hands. Tg had a fair share of drops. Kelce has dropped some but I can’t think of any that cost us games. Maybe I’m missing one.

11 hours ago, Calichief said:

I’m not sold on the hands. Tg had a fair share of drops. Kelce has dropped some but I can’t think of any that cost us games. Maybe I’m missing one.

Kelce and Robinson dropped easy catches early in the Houston playoff game last year but his concentration is much better now than when he was younger. Kelce has had a few games where he dropped multiple passes back to back but I can't name the examples.  I was more concerned about his fumbling issues, to be honest.  I think TG had some drops early in his career but was money as time went on. I was always impressed how he could catch ball with 2-3 guys draped all over him. Kelce rarely has to make those kinds of catches, frankly. Different offense and different league now. Kelce is all about finding the soft spots in zones or beating his man in a man scheme. You know Tony was doing a little button hook route or something and had to fend off a LB or Safety or both. I don't think Kelce will overtake Tony's TD numbers but he may very well have the Receiving Yards title before it's said and done, assuming he wants to keep playing that long.