Texans, WOW

NCK Chiefs Fan

For all his boneheaded moves, none worse than trading hopkins for a bunch of broccoli, let's take a moment to remember the time he did KC a favor whose importance cannot be overstated... he let the Honeybadger go to free agency after he had proven to be as important for that D in 1 year as he is for ours.  I mean, how the hell you let that guy get away?

I was sure he would be gone by the end of the year but probably all those stupid offseason moves helped speed up the process. Crennel is a great DC but he just can't get it done as HC, I expect them to win a couple games but this year will likely be remembered as a disaster. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

I was sure he would be gone by the end of the year but probably all those stupid offseason moves helped speed up the process. Crennel is a great DC but he just can't get it done as HC, I expect them to win a couple games but this year will likely be remembered as a disaster. 

sucks to be them, they may get a high pick and the dolphins will be the ones to benefit.

3 hours ago, SEMO said:

Could be a  landing spot for EB next year.  Watson in that offense would be good.  They would need to bring in some receivers to run it, though.

I'm hoping EB gets a head coaching job but not in Houston.  They are a disaster.  Except for Watson, they are a mess, have no cap space, and no top draft choices.  It will take longer to right the ship than the owners would give EB in all likelihood.  EB would be set up for failure.  Let him go to the Falcons, Detroit, or some other place where he has some space to grow a team. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

I'm hoping EB gets a head coaching job but not in Houston.  They are a disaster.  Except for Watson, they are a mess, have no cap space, and no top draft choices.  It will take longer to right the ship than the owners would give EB in all likelihood.  EB would be set up for failure.  Let him go to the Falcons, Detroit, or some other place where he has some space to grow a team. 

If I ended up with the number one pick *coughjets* I would want EB with Trevor Lawrence.

22 minutes ago, xen said:

If I ended up with the number one pick *coughjets* I would want EB with Trevor Lawrence.

Teams seem to want to name their coaches immediately after the regular season ends.  If the Chiefs make another deep run in the playoffs, EB is as a disadvantage unless he bails early.  That may have cost him last season. 

52 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Chance of being a head coach is tough already, can't afford to blow it on a team that screwed themselves over allowing a dumbass to act as GM. EB need to avoid them like the plague. 

Disagree.  They have the hardest thing to find in sports, a good young qb thats proven it in the nfl. You could do a lot worse

and it will be 3 years before thay have a draft pick in the top 2 rounds, they cant do anything in free agency either..

so unless the new gm and ownership are willing to suck for 3 years in a row.... before firing there coach.. its a no win situation, even with watson as qb. 

1 hour ago, robgar said:

and it will be 3 years before thay have a draft pick in the top 2 rounds, they cant do anything in free agency either..

so unless the new gm and ownership are willing to suck for 3 years in a row.... before firing there coach.. its a no win situation, even with watson as qb. 

Huh?   They have their full picks after this next draft.  In 2021 they are missing picks at the top but have 8 other picks.  They gave up the 2 2021 picks in the Tunsil deal but thats all that's on the books at this point.  Chiefs went multiple recent years without a 1st in recent years and win the SB because they got an elite young QB.

So while BO'B has made a mess of things the building blocks are there.  

Y'all are crazy.  If there's a legitimate reason to avoid the Texans it would be not playing in the same conference as Mahomes.

Hell if u don't have a good young QB a team should be willing to give up picks to go get one anyway.   Texans already got that in the bag.

Y'all need to think this shit through better.

well.. let us see what happens, with a new general manager, and new coach, and watch them move those picks from next year to this year, .. and three 6th round picks is not gonna rebuild houston from where its at now. 

not to mention watsons salary over the next couple of years,  

But then there are 32 jobs available as a head coach in the nfl, and no matter what anybody says its a pretty elite group, even the bad head coaches are great coaches.

So.. there is that as well..