ITS RAIDER WEEK!

19 minutes ago, xen said:

11 out of the last 12 games.  Not much of a rivalry.

Correct, and I believe the one loss was a shoot-out on MNF where Cooper interfered with our DB to score a long TD.  No-call.  I also believe this was the game the Raiders got 3-4 shots into the end-zone with no time left on the clock due to questionable defensive penalties.  My recollection of that game was that the Chiefs were on the short end of many questionable calls.  

4 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Correct, and I believe the one loss was a shoot-out on MNF where Cooper interfered with our DB to score a long TD.  No-call.  I also believe this was the game the Raiders got 3-4 shots into the end-zone with no time left on the clock due to questionable defensive penalties.  My recollection of that game was that the Chiefs were on the short end of many questionable calls.  

The Chiefs are apparently wearing out their "we're a great franchise" moniker. Everybody jumped on the Ravens and Lamar bandwagon. Chiefs smoked em. Then we heard all about the Pats and how they neutralize the Chiefs. Beat em by 16 and afterwards it was all "Patriots win that game if they had Cam." And now I just heard the folks at GMFB say they "wanted" the Raiders to beat the Chiefs on Sunday. WTF!

22 minutes ago, dhitter said:

The Chiefs are apparently wearing out their "we're a great franchise" moniker. Everybody jumped on the Ravens and Lamar bandwagon. Chiefs smoked em. Then we heard all about the Pats and how they neutralize the Chiefs. Beat em by 16 and afterwards it was all "Patriots win that game if they had Cam." And now I just heard the folks at GMFB say they "wanted" the Raiders to beat the Chiefs on Sunday. WTF!

Listen.. its inevitable when you win this much that you morph into the everybody hates you franchise.  Wait til we win another superbowl.  That'll take care of the last vestiges of nfl fans being happy for Andy winning a superbowl.

I say bring the hate on!

394.jpg

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Meh its been like this for 20+ years.  Its has ALWAYS seemed to be "what ever team" beat themselves NOT KC won

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

Maybe you're being too touchy.  Every sports talking head has to pump the underdog to get attention and gain the ability to brag when he hits a prediction once in a while.  They get nothing from promoting the favorite.  The Chiefs are favored in every regular season game this year with the exception of the Ravens.  The people who put their money on the line respect the Chiefs and that's more important than an publicity seeking media hack.  If the Ravens had won last year, everyone in the media would be on the Mahomes bandwagon this season.  Just the way it works. 

50 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Maybe you're being too touchy.  Every sports talking head has to pump the underdog to get attention and gain the ability to brag when he hits a prediction once in a while.  They get nothing from promoting the favorite.  The Chiefs are favored in every regular season game this year with the exception of the Ravens.  The people who put their money on the line respect the Chiefs and that's more important than an publicity seeking media hack.  If the Ravens had won last year, everyone in the media would be on the Mahomes bandwagon this season.  Just the way it works. 

Yep.  

On 10/8/2020 at 3:12 PM, TomahawkChop said:

Man, I had forgotten all about that game. I was screaming at the TV so loud I’m sure my neighbors’ burglar alarms activated. 

Re: the AFC West

As already stated, the 28-2 Record started with our second divisional game in 2015 through the first divisional game in 2020 (five full years - 30 games).  Both losses were Thursday night games in the final seconds.

Add another year of games, starting with the second divisional game in 2014, our division record is 31-5 (6 years of six games per year, not counting the first 2014 game but including our first 2020 game).   By my count that is:

• 1-4 on Thursdays (losses are 2014 and 2017 Oakland games, 2015 Jamaal Charles fumble against Broncos, and 2018 Chargers shootout)
  • 30-1 on Saturday / Sunday / Monday (only loss is 2014 against Broncos)

Andy's first two years (2013-2014) weren't that good against the AFC West but the last 5+ have been (2015-present).  Total is 33-10.  The 10 losses are five losses against Manning, 3 shootouts with Rivers (all 3 points or fewer) and two Thu night road games in Oakland (4 and 1 points).

On 10/7/2020 at 9:36 AM, xen said:

Blah blah blah I still think its 2005.  Hey remember that guy Tiltraider?  I do.  Yadda yadda yadda KU basketball.  Blah.

There ya go.  The full Wilkie experience.

don't forget protein blockage

1 hour ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Watched it as it happened. I was ten years old. IIRC, the brawl started, there was a commercial break, and the brawl was still in progress when the break ended. 
Freaking Raiders. 

Still trying to understand why, if the brawl started after the play was dead, the Chiefs didn't get the first down then have penalties assessed.  Would have won the game and been in the playoffs.  I also saw the game on TV when it happened. 

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Still trying to understand why, if the brawl started after the play was dead, the Chiefs didn't get the first down then have penalties assessed.  Would have won the game and been in the playoffs.  I also saw the game on TV when it happened. 

that one play destroyed us for 20 years... until Marty came on board.