Defensive Backs

7 hours ago, Balto said:

Meh I still think most teams have schemed ball control against us.  Thus they run run run which would of course make our passing yards per games be super low.

Is it better than I expected?  YES 

Is it the best passing D in the NFL like it says on paper?  HELLZ NO

Dude, our secondary is fantastic. Deep, versatile, aggressive, cohesive, you name it.

We seem to be playing with a lot of cushion on defense that allows some easy yards on the ground for opponents. However the scoring defense is pretty good when we are facing a short field. So the goal seems to be stopping the big play and later on the TD. It's probably a good strategy during the regular season but we'll need to do more when we are playing the tough competition later in the playoffs. The plan could be similar to last year but we definitely need a better LB play to face teams like Seahawks and/or Steelers to finish the year. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

We seem to be playing with a lot of cushion on defense that allows some easy yards on the ground for opponents. However the scoring defense is pretty good when we are facing a short field. So the goal seems to be stopping the big play and later on the TD. It's probably a good strategy during the regular season but we'll need to do more when we are playing the tough competition later in the playoffs. The plan could be similar to last year but we definitely need a better LB play to face teams like Seahawks and/or Steelers to finish the year. 

Steelers just gave up about 260 yards on the ground and Seattle defense is not great. I dont see any real powerhouse teams this year. All, including KC, have weak spots.

24 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Steelers just gave up about 260 yards on the ground and Seattle defense is not great. I dont see any real powerhouse teams this year. All, including KC, have weak spots.

Rather than their defenses we are likely going to face offenses that can actually score, so playing with a lead may not be all that possible. I agree there are no powerhouses and the playoff games might come down to a couple series. 

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Ward has regressed or at least, he's not improving in areas where he needs work.  Isn't Sneed about through his predicted six weeks recovery time?  I'd prefer Sneed/Breeland to what's out there now.  

He had a terrible game against LV, but other than that I think he's playing good ball. How has he graded out this year? I haven't sprung for a PFF membership. I feel like he's really getting a lot of undue criticism.  

Ward hasn't played badly, he just isn't improving  Maybe the hand set him back a bit, but he makes the same mistakes in not finding the ball.  I can't see him covering a DK Metcalf, for example.  Maybe Sneed could with experience  Either way, both Ward and Breeland are unsigned for next year and the Chiefs need replacements.

28 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Ward hasn't played badly, he just isn't improving  Maybe the hand set him back a bit, but he makes the same mistakes in not finding the ball.  I can't see him covering a DK Metcalf, for example.  Maybe Sneed could with experience  Either way, both Ward and Breeland are unsigned for next year and the Chiefs need replacements.

Ward is an RFA next year.  KC can keep him pretty easily.  Breeland may be cheap again as well considering the suspension.