Will The Chiefs have to find a new OC after this year?

18 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Would have been nice to see him get a job last offseason and for us to net a pick for him.  Year-end he is a FA.  But like most of you there is no way he is still here next year.

Do we still get a pick if he leaves with a promotion or only if he's leaving with the same title? 

31 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Do we still get a pick if he leaves with a promotion or only if he's leaving with the same title? 

You don't get picks when coaches leave and you can't block a coach from interviews for major promotions.  You only get picks in those rare instances when a team trades a coach under contract and even then it's whatever the 2 teams negotiate

The Texans would be a good fit for Bieniemy IMO. One big challenge ( or maybe not) is him bringing Reid's system to the Texans. From my understanding, O'Brian being from the Patriots coaching tree runs some form of the Erhardt-Perkins/ spread system, whereas Reid runs a Hybrid WCO/Air raid offense. 

These are all my assumptions, so who knows.

well, I agree that we will probably loose him this year, but I personally think only a full blown idiot would want the texans job currently..

two quick points.

The nfl wants more black head coaches

The man is more than qualified and is black. I.e. even without the first point the man is deserving of a shot as a head coach.

41 minutes ago, robgar said:

well, I agree that we will probably loose him this year, but I personally think only a full blown idiot would want the texans job currently..

two quick points.

The nfl wants more black head coaches

The man is more than qualified and is black. I.e. even without the first point the man is deserving of a shot as a head coach.

Agree, but the Texans job is a dead end with no cap space on no high draft choice.  Aside from Watson and a beat up Watts, what's to go there?  ATL or DET would be better.  The issue is will EB take the first offer or hope for  better one.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Agree, but the Texans job is a dead end with no cap space on no high draft choice.  Aside from Watson and a beat up Watts, what's to go there?  ATL or DET would be better.  The issue is will EB take the first offer or hope for  better one.

I would take the younger qb over both those jobs.  Remember in the space of a few years most new GMs turn over most of the roster anyway.  

You've got 8 picks next year and you have a full compliment starting the year after.

Atlanta and Detroit rosters aren't in any better shape and their QBs are 35 and 32, respectively.  

Of course, over all those id rather have a team with a good qb on a rookie contract or whichever job gets the Trevor Lawrence pick and hope it was an NFC team

48 minutes ago, xen said:

I would take the younger qb over both those jobs.  Remember in the space of a few years most new GMs turn over most of the roster anyway.  

You've got 8 picks next year and you have a full compliment starting the year after.

Atlanta and Detroit rosters aren't in any better shape and their QBs are 35 and 32, respectively.  

Of course, over all those id rather have a team with a good qb on a rookie contract or whichever job gets the Trevor Lawrence pick and hope it was an NFC team

Giants or Jets?  Ugh!

1 hour ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

Atlanta just fired their head coach after an 0-5 start.  Would EB be a good fit there?  I hope he gets a HC gig but not in the AFC.  

I would much rather he go to Atlanta.  As much as I hate EB, he's a good coach.

1 hour ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

Atlanta just fired their head coach after an 0-5 start.  Would EB be a good fit there?  I hope he gets a HC gig but not in the AFC.  

Can we trade EB to them NOW for some OL help?