Post Game Summary

After re-watching here are my thoughts-

32 points should win a game

Nothing really went the Chiefs way today which is going to happen

Bad timing for the first INT

1. Raiders did a great job playing like KC. Ruggs takes the top off the defense and could be their Tyreek Hill

2. They kept the defense honest with a timely running and a multi faceted passing game

3. On the flip side, KC did not keep their defense guessing. CEH had 25 carries in game one. Only 56 since. Right now opposing defenses do not respect the run allowing them to drop 7 regularly. 

4. Most of the Chiefs losses Andy forgets about the run game although it wasn't huge factor in this game, it will crop up like it usually does with Andy. 

5. Offensive line is bad. 

6. * I keep going back to the 3rd and 20 drop by Kizer. That was the absolute Killer. Time for Seals Jones.

7. We have cap space, find a lineman. 

8.Its just a game, the math said it was coming.

Dont freak out because they may lose again this week.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Interestingly, since Warford was a free agent when he opted out he is eligible to come back.  Bigger issue is our tackles have got to get it together.

This line is a real problem. Like I said at this point we don't have a single offensive lineman playing above average football. And I honestly don't think it will even be addressed. I think we will see the same 5 next week we saw Sunday, and I doubt the practice reps will even be altered. 

Last year there was times when our line played poorly but Mahomes rose above it. This year they've played poorly 3 out of 5 games and its clearly gotten to him a bit. 

33 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

This line is a real problem. Like I said at this point we don't have a single offensive lineman playing above average football. And I honestly don't think it will even be addressed. I think we will see the same 5 next week we saw Sunday, and I doubt the practice reps will even be altered. 

Last year there was times when our line played poorly but Mahomes rose above it. This year they've played poorly 3 out of 5 games and its clearly gotten to him a bit. 

I dont think the tackles forgot how to play.  I would think there's something going on there and they'll get that fixed.  

9 minutes ago, xen said:

I dont think the tackles forgot how to play.  I would think there's something going on there and they'll get that fixed.  

I think we're gonna see Reid make some adjustments with the routes to protect the oline. It seems like all of WR routes are vertical deep routes with only Kelce underneath?? I bet we see more 3 step drops and crossing routes for awhile. The NFL is applying the so-called blueprint to beat us...Rush 4 (and beat the shit out of crappy oline) and drop 25 people back into coverage..It has shown that it works!!

I do have faith that Reid and co will adjust back to a dink and donk offense. We really have no choice with how the line is playing. However, I'm not sure how they fix the running game. Man, the run blocking is worse than last year...

4 minutes ago, artsy said:

I think we're gonna see Reid make some adjustments with the routes to protect the oline. It seems like all of WR routes are vertical deep routes with only Kelce underneath?? I bet we see more 3 step drops and crossing routes for awhile. The NFL is applying the so-called blueprint to beat us...Rush 4 (and beat the shit out of crappy oline) and drop 25 people back into coverage..It has shown that it works!!

I do have faith that Reid and co will adjust back to a dink and donk offense. We really have no choice with how the line is playing. However, I'm not sure how they fix the running game. Man, the run blocking is worse than last year...

well that D plan works on every great qb.  It beat Brady twice in the superbowl and worked vs manning as well.  The key to beating it is your tackles have to hold up and ours have not so far.

Not really worried about the run game.  Fix the passing offense protection and none of the rest matters.  Our tackles are getting beat by mediocre pass rushers right now.

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

That fact we scored 32 with this garbage O line says everything about Mahomes. Mahomes is starting to get frustrated by having to make crazy plays on every down. DBs looked terrible. 

Mahomes is also moving away from his fundamentals...by not stepping up in the pocket when he needs to. I'm sure that's because the interior has let him down so much. He hasn't helped the Tackles very much, but they haven't helped him either. We gotta figure it out. 3 step drops, crossing routes, quick passing game??? I have faith Reid will figure it out..

1 hour ago, xen said:

well that D plan works on every great qb.  It beat Brady twice in the superbowl and worked vs manning as well.  The key to beating it is your tackles have to hold up and ours have not so far.

Not really worried about the run game.  Fix the passing offense protection and none of the rest matters.  Our tackles are getting beat by mediocre pass rushers right now.

You have to run the ball a little more than we are. Like I always say, the threat has to be there. Play action would get better. Let the line establish themselves by blocking down hill a bit. We did draft CEH after all. 

That 3rd and 20 drop is what changed the outcome and flow of the game in my opinion. That was the killer. It was 21-17 KC and that was in stride and he would have kept going. Go up 28-17.  

Pass rush for us was pretty weak yesterday too. 

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

You have to run the ball a little more than we are. Like I always say, the threat has to be there. Play action would get better. Let the line establish themselves by blocking down hill a bit. We did draft CEH after all. 

That 3rd and 20 drop is what changed the outcome and flow of the game in my opinion. That was the killer. It was 21-17 KC and that was in stride and he would have kept going. Go up 28-17.  

Be nice to run against teams if our line could block for it. 4 line fronts we should be getting more production from our tries and ypc too.

One more note that I forgot to post - the safeties weren't deep enough on most plays. I also saw ALL of them peering into the backfield on the deep plays. Watch again and look. Spags will see it. And so will the players in the video room.

KC has guys who care. Nothing to worry about IMO.

The offensive game plan and online play is more worrisome. 

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

One more note that I forgot to post - the safeties weren't deep enough on most plays. I also saw ALL of them peering into the backfield on the deep plays. Watch again and look. Spags will see it. And so will the players in the video room.

KC has guys who care. Nothing to worry about IMO.

The offensive game plan and online play is more worrisome. 

I agree. The defense has the leadership and balls to own up to their problems and hold themselves accountable.

I'm not sure if Reiter and Wylie and Fisher do tho...

This sums it up for me. We had a bad game... we were due a loss. I won't worry about a loss unless it becomes a pattern. On to Buffalo

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/10/12/21511804/three-winners-and-six-losers-from-the-chiefs-loss-to-the-raiders?fbclid=IwAR2ifBdMbgsBMTQRoWQI4XtWDAnY7jAtKRUMnyrYg2jYodro4Lr-48KWKCw

On 10/12/2020 at 12:40 PM, Calichief said:

But you have to look at how they got into 3rd and 20. 2 incompletions on short passes and holding penalty on Remmers - Osemele injury looms large although the play before his season ended, he got called for holding.

I thought the defense was trash this past Sunday. Played poorly.

I watched the game some again, and there were times when the Oline blocked pretty well, but it didn't look like Mahomes had anywhere to go. The Raiders were doing something well, because Mahomes was bailing and running for his life, even when the initial blocks held up (maybe a little shell shocked I hate to say).

They just got us this time. 

On 10/14/2020 at 7:24 AM, Handswarmer said:

But you have to look at how they got into 3rd and 20. 2 incompletions on short passes and holding penalty on Remmers - Osemele injury looms large although the play before his season ended, he got called for holding.

I thought the defense was trash this past Sunday. Played poorly.

Yea, my initial post indicates that. The whole team was cheating with their heads in the backfield. Looking for the check downs. It was bad. Jones and Clark took the day off too.