Le'Veon Bell?

Just now, DefensiveMan said:

Yeah something's missing with this offense. Nobody's said it yet but Damien William's toughness has been missed.

Kareem hunt is a special back, Damien Williams was very good, very under appreciated.

clyde is working his way along nicely, but even if he reaches kareem hunt status he will still need a competent #2 guy and there is not one on the roster, maybe the guy who just got called up from practice squad from oakland but who knows

Just now, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Kareem hunt is a special back, Damien Williams was very good, very under appreciated.

clyde is working his way along nicely, but even if he reaches kareem hunt status he will still need a competent #2 guy and there is not one on the roster, maybe the guy who just got called up from practice squad from oakland but who knows

Well said.

Just now, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Correct. 

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

With this oline Bell will be complaining game one. No back will have success with these guys. Reid needs to let Pat be Pat. Throw IT. Give up on a real running game.

Man that's 2018 all over again. Need to instill fear in our opponents again these cats aren't scared right now giving the Chiefs all we can handle.

The Chiefs are another team with a young back that might want Bell as a second option. Rookie first-round pick Clyde Edwards-Helaire has had impressive moments during his first five weeks, but he has struggled in the red zone, failing to score once on seven touches inside the 5-yard line. I'm willing to chalk that up to a small sample, but the backs behind Edwards-Helaire are underwhelming. Darrel Williams has averaged 3.2 yards per carry and less than 6 yards per reception, and Darwin Thompson lost a fumble on one of his six touches. Coach Andy Reid is the screen whisperer, and I suspect the Chiefs could find a way to integrate Bell into their offense alongside Edwards-Helaire.

11 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

With this oline Bell will be complaining game one. No back will have success with these guys. Reid needs to let Pat be Pat. Throw IT. Give up on a real running game.

I actually think Bell would be good with this oline.  He's good at being patient and watching the holes open up and get through them.  With this offensive line, we aren't blowing people off the line so he would find those gaps and exploit them, almost the same way Mahomes was stepping up in the pocket and getting away from the pass rushers.  I'm ok with bringing him in just like we did with McCoy last year.  If it doesn't work out, we can cut him loose or he can be a good teammate on the sideline waiting for his next opportunity.

I saw kick the tires.  With our oline play, Andy is going to have to readjust the O for quicker/shorter routes and utilizing the running back out of the backfield more.   Darrell Williams is a perfect 3rd back but he's not got enough juice to be the guy if CEH gets hurt.   Darwin, meh.

According to The LIV Chiefs Kingdom twitter,  the Chiefs talked about trading for Bell with a cond 7th but ultimately didn't want his big contract.   So if this is true there was definitely interest from our side.  Is this an indictment on CEH or just an admission that we need another back that can make people miss.    My guess its an admission that if CEH goes down, Darrell isn't the answer.

3 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

I actually think Bell would be good with this oline.  He's good at being patient and watching the holes open up and get through them.  With this offensive line, we aren't blowing people off the line so he would find those gaps and exploit them, almost the same way Mahomes was stepping up in the pocket and getting away from the pass rushers.  I'm ok with bringing him in just like we did with McCoy last year.  If it doesn't work out, we can cut him loose or he can be a good teammate on the sideline waiting for his next opportunity.

Also describes CEH? Bottom line is no running back in the entire NFL will have much success with the way this oline is playing. KC should have used the #1 pick for anything but a running back. Yes this is hindsight.