Le'Veon Bell?

I really hope this doesn't become an either/or situation with Bell and Clyde when it comes to being on the field.  Reid's creativity could be really nasty with some misdirection on some two back sets.  This move has a very high ceiling, but I'm really concerned with our offensive line.  

1 minute ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Ha. Clyde is a superstar. Just not ready to carry us to another Superbowl, This year. 

Not yet! The point is that CHE may well be a star but RB is not that important in the new NFL. Look at the really good backs that were free agents and signed late on the cheap. At this point I want that #1 pick back. Could have been a top LB or Lineman. No holes to run through so I doubt Bell has much more success running that the others. He may be an awesome benefit in the screen game etc.

Big difference between a guy like Bell who gets pissed because his team sucks and Brown who's just a headcase.  Winning shouldn't be a problem.  The guy wants to win and get paid.  Nothing wrong with that.  Every good player feels that way.  Gase is an awful coach so I dont really blame Bell in that situation.  Jets are a mess.  

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Not yet! The point is that CHE may well be a star but RB is not that important in the new NFL. Look at the really good backs that were free agents and signed late on the cheap. At this point I want that #1 pick back. Could have been a top LB or Lineman. No holes to run through so I doubt Bell has much more success running that the others. He may be an awesome benefit in the screen game etc.

Ok, tell Patrick that. Cuz he wanted Clyde 

Andy has to get more creative with the RB routes.  They've been using CEH as a dump off option but the whole reason he was such a good fit was his route running.  So let him and Bell run some real routes and not just be a dump off or the 4th read.

He needs to dig into some of Pats college tape as TTech ran some great 2 RB concepts.

Just now, xen said:

Andy has to get more creative with the RB routes.  They've been using CEH as a dump off option but the whole reason he was such a good fit was his route running.  So let him and Bell run some real routes and not just be a dump off or the 4th read.

He needs to dig into some of Pats college tape as TTech ran some great 2 RB concepts.

They will be splitting 50/50 for sure. 

Chiefs agreed to terms with RB Le'Veon Bell, formerly of the Jets. 

The Chiefs seemed to be dueling with the Dolphins for Bell's services, but it's not surprising the reigning Super Bowl champs won out. Due to the league's COVID-19 protocols, Bell will be ineligible to suit up against the Bills on Monday. That leaves Week 7 against the Broncos as his Chiefs debut. The question immediately becomes the workload delineation in the Chiefs' backfield, as No. 32 overall pick Clyde Edwards-Helaire has sputtered since an impressive opener vs. the Texans' bottom-basement run defense. That has been especially true in early-down/short-yardage situations, where Bell figures to receive immediate opportunities. Bell will also be a threat to CEH's bread-and-butter pass-catching work. Even if CEH remains the lead back in a committee, this obviously devastates his RB1 value, and perhaps even knocks him out of the RB2 ranks. This is not a LeSean McCoy-style signing. Bell probably has more left in the tank than Adam Gase would lead you to believe, while coach Andy Reid unlocks running backs like few others. Bell could claim No. 1 duties and render CEH a COP back. CEH would do well to put on a show vs. the Bills' underachieving def

I’m really not getting the hate from some of you.  Saying he is a locker room cancer and such.  All reports say other players love Bell and Pittsburgh was about money...players get that!  Jets was about craptastic coach and not winning.  Players still love him.

I see zero risk with this signing...please tell me one?  Any

1 minute ago, Balto said:

I’m really not getting the hate from some of you.  Saying he is a locker room cancer and such.  All reports say other players love Bell and Pittsburgh was about money...players get that!  Jets was about craptastic coach and not winning.  Players still love him.

Yeah people are mixing him with Antonio Brown. Not the case at all. AB is his own dumbass

6 minutes ago, Balto said:

Im fine with the signing. One downside , because you asked , is less cap space.

3 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Yeah people are mixing him with Antonio Brown. Not the case at all. AB is his own dumbass

Yes I think this is whats happening.  I don't remember Bell ever being a LR cancer.  His holdout did not work out well for him but I don't blame him.  He was very much underpaid.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Yes I think this is whats happening.  I don't remember Bell ever being a LR cancer.  His holdout did not work out well for him but I don't blame him.  He was very much underpaid.

Yeah he went from literally being the best back in the NFL to joining the worst franchise in the NFL. And like you said, Adam Gase is a joke who is constantly mocked by experts around the league. 

Just now, Chiefmanzada said:

Don't be surprised if come Mid-November, we see Bell at the top of the depth chart. 

He's a baller. 

I think he will be the guy from game 6 on. Just needs to get familiar with a few parts of the playbook to get started. I also think KC is not thinking CEH is ready for the big role as they thought he would be. 

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think he will be the guy from game 6 on. Just needs to get familiar with a few parts of the playbook to get started. I also think KC is not thinking CEH is ready for the big role as they thought he would be. 

Well what do you think? So far we've struggled on offense against the Chargers, the Patriots, and now the Raiders. 

We need to incite fear back into opposing defense. Bell will do that, but not a rookie. 

Just now, Chiefmanzada said:

Well what do you think? So far we've struggled on offense against the Chargers, the Patriots, and now the Raiders. 

We need to incite fear back into opposing defense. Bell will do that, but not a rookie. 

OK Hope the OLINE plays better. 

12 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Yeah he went from literally being the best back in the NFL to joining the worst franchise in the NFL. And like you said, Adam Gase is a joke who is constantly mocked by experts around the league. 

You don't have to be an expert to mock Gase.  How that dipshit got hired over Bienemy I have no idea.  You could see he sucked in Miami too.  Look at how well Tannehill has done after leaving Miami; oh but Gase is good with young QBs!  Yeah well Andy's ass has forgotten more about developing QBs than Gase will ever know.

I'm good with the signing...just not sure where the added push from the Oline is gonna come from. It was downright pathetic last week. Getting more from the run game would put less pressure on Pat to "do it all." The strategy is sound but what about the ability to implement?

2 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I'm good with the signing...just not sure where the added push from the Oline is gonna come from. It was downright pathetic last week. Getting more from the run game would put less pressure on Pat to "do it all." The strategy is sound but what about the ability to implement?

Osemele should have sat his fat ass back and not hustle on that last play. SMH