Le'Veon Bell?

14 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

it became apparent that the raiders were not worrying about our running game last week which made it easier to cover the WR's, adding bell will make teams have to account for the run game again 

thats a good point..CEH has not done enough to garner much respect and Bell's history alone does that.  Hopefully he provides the  out of backfield threat that is needed and CEH can be the change of pace. 

I was open-minded when we drafted CEH, but right now I'm hating the pick.  The conventional wisdom of the analytics community is that a 1st round pick on a RB is never worth it, and I think we're seeing that.  It would have been much better to address the line or add a decent piece.  In order for him to be worth it, CEH would have had to be a home run and while he may yet turn into that right now he's not as good as 3rd round pick Kareem Hunt was.

I think Bell's floor is what McCoy gave us early in the year last year.  I doubt his ceiling is as high as his Pittsburgh years, but you never know.

8 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I was open-minded when we drafted CEH, but right now I'm hating the pick.  The conventional wisdom of the analytics community is that a 1st round pick on a RB is never worth it, and I think we're seeing that.  It would have been much better to address the line or add a decent piece.  In order for him to be worth it, CEH would have had to be a home run and while he may yet turn into that right now he's not as good as 3rd round pick Kareem Hunt was.

I think Bell's floor is what McCoy gave us early in the year last year.  I doubt his ceiling is as high as his Pittsburgh years, but you never know.

to a certain extent I agree with you.  but I do think  the 32 pick  is really a high 2nd in quality so I'm not so upset by that + who'd of thought that our IOL would be pretty well castrated by OPT OUTS not to mention arguably the  real SBMVP. I'm not saying  who we lost were any world beaters but it certainly hurt. Ya have to think that no IOLs rated as  a 1rst or high 2nd on their board but in hindsight..CEH for this year so far was not the wise pick.

Also agree with your Bell statement.

8 hours ago, Balto said:

Why would it be anything other than vet min?  I’m about 100% sure we didn’t sign him for more than $6M, thus not matter what we pay him he will only make the Jets contract amount.  Difference is what ever we pay him is less that amount Jets are on the hook.  So he has zero reasons to sign for more than vet min.....I’m sure he would of signed for $1 dollar if able.

You may be correct yet Miami was in the discussion. That may have pushed KC to add $.

20 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

There wasn't really a first round worthy "need" pick available, so if not CEH, it would have been another luxury pick.  Robert Hunt was the only Olineman that was maybe a first rounder.  And, he's a tackle and was taken early in the second.  All of the blue chip LBs were gone.  A trade down for Hunt or Ezra Cleveland was about the only option for a lineman in that area.

I still think that Gladney was the pick, which is why Minn traded up in front of us to take him.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Disagree. Clyde has shown flashes of greatness. 

Raiders are a tough team to beat with Josh Jacobs, and he was a mid-1st round. As we all see, it took him a couple years to do serious damage. 

And a good RB is very crucial come playoff time. the 49ers basically ran their way to the SB last year, as did the Titans. 

46 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

You may be correct yet Miami was in the discussion. That may have pushed KC to add $.

I’m thinking you don’t understand how his contract works for the rest of the year.

Let’s say the Jets owed him $6M for the rest of this season.   They cut him so Bell could just sit out for the rest of the year at home playing xbox and Jets would be paying him $6M to do so.  Let’s say KC gives Bell a $1M contract, Jets have to pay him $5M now.  So no matter what KC pays Bell, he will ONLY make $6M and nothing more.  

So if Miami offered $4M and KC offered $1M, Bell still only gets paid a total of $6M.

The only thing is if Phins offered a multi year deal which we have already read that Bell hopes to win a ring this year AND up his value thus in FA he gets a larger/longer deal than what Phins offered.

1 minute ago, Balto said:

I’m thinking you don’t understand how his contract works for the rest of the year.

Let’s say the Jets owed him $6M for the rest of this season.   They cut him so Bell could just sit out for the rest of the year at home playing xbox and Jets would be paying him $6M to do so.  Let’s say KC gives Bell a $1M contract, Jets have to pay him $5M now.  So no matter what KC pays Bell, he will ONLY make $6M and nothing more.  

So if Miami offered $4M and KC offered $1M, Bell still only gets paid a total of $6M.

The only thing is if Phins offered a multi year deal which we have already read that Bell hopes to win a ring this year AND up his value thus in FA he gets a larger/longer deal than what Phins offered.

Interesting. Didn't know this. 

30 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Disagree. Clyde has shown flashes of greatness. 

Raiders are a tough team to beat with Josh Jacobs, and he was a mid-1st round. As we all see, it took him a couple years to do serious damage. 

And a good RB is very crucial come playoff time. the 49ers basically ran their way to the SB last year, as did the Titans. 

Clyde - he's flashed greatness, but it's not consistent enough right now.  And still not as good as Kareem.

Jacobs - not to beat a dead horse but your narrative is all wrong here.  He was fine out of the gate.  The reason the Raiders finally got over on us isn't because of Jacobs, he's killed us the last few meetings while we still won the game.  The reason they won was because Carr started chucking it all over the field and we couldn't stop them, plus our pass protection issues.

SF/TEN - similar thing with them.  The ran all over us and we still won.  Tannehill's sudden improvement was more important to Tennessee's success than Henry.  The run game, both offensively and defensively, has been repeatedly shown to be less significant to team success than the passing game.  I'm not saying it's not important or not a factor, I'm saying it's less important than other factors.

15 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Clyde - he's flashed greatness, but it's not consistent enough right now.  And still not as good as Kareem.

Jacobs - not to beat a dead horse but your narrative is all wrong here.  He was fine out of the gate.  The reason the Raiders finally got over on us isn't because of Jacobs, he's killed us the last few meetings while we still won the game.  The reason they won was because Carr started chucking it all over the field and we couldn't stop them, plus our pass protection issues.

SF/TEN - similar thing with them.  The ran all over us and we still won.  Tannehill's sudden improvement was more important to Tennessee's success than Henry.  The run game, both offensively and defensively, has been repeatedly shown to be less significant to team success than the passing game.  I'm not saying it's not important or not a factor, I'm saying it's less important than other factors.

Kareem Hunt was the best running back in the NFL. It's not popular, but Hunt is better than CEH. 

Hunt is good but we need never had to see how he would do with a shitty line like this. CEH is fine but he has a few things going against him. The o line is bad. Losing Niang, LDT and Osemele made it much worse. Reid abandons the run after a few plays it seems too. He also quits doing sweeps.or whatever when it works well. Finally there is the no true training camp and pre season games. This would have helped a lot to in him learning and the coaches learning of other players and abilities.

15 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Kareem Hunt was the best running back in the NFL. It's not popular, but Hunt is better than CEH. 

Could be. At this point CEH is a rookie RB with minimal TC running behind a terrible line, not sure what the future holds for him. 

21 minutes ago, Calichief said:

But the point is, we found Kareem in the 3rd whereas we arguably reached for CEH in the 1st.  Top end RBs are routinely found in the mid-rounds, unlike QBs, etc.  I'm not saying it's easy to find a Hunt in the 3rd and if everyone had known what he would be he would have gone higher.  But it's why you use those premium picks on the premium positions.

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

CEH   and the phrase " Flashes of Greatness"  is comical at best /delusional at worst..he looked capable and thats as far as I'll go

I conceded the point for the sake of argument, but I would agree that it's overstating it.  His TD run against Houston was a flash of greatness, and he's also made some very tough catches, like against the Chargers.  But that's probably it.

23 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Alright Veach now time to wrap up a trade with the Bungles and bring a disgruntled AJ Green here that wants to win.

I'd love to see Pat throw to AJ BUT his $18M(about $11M left that would come with him).  Just doesn't fit in our Cap

I also think a lot of the CEH sadness is because the day he was drafted was the day every media person and fan saw the Lord himself open up the sky, reach down and bless Arrowhead 1.  HAHA everyone including myself gave CEH his hall of fame trophy that day.  I think we just had such high expectations that he was never going to make us happy.

I still think CEH fits Reids "system" perfectly and is much more of a PLUS for our O than a NEGATIVE.

Hell maybe he is a guy that needs to be pushed a little and basically getting handed the #1 RB job as a rookie was not the best for him?  Bell getting signed will hopefully put a fire under CEH.  Gotta remember that Hunt was like the 3rd string guy and only got playing time because of injuries.