Le'Veon Bell?

8 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Huh? That line was plenty shitty

Really? He had Fisher and Schwartz. He had a much better center in Morse and LDT. LG is still shit. If anything Hunt had more chances to run with Smith as a QB and he had a better Center. Still issues we see today with the G and C but Hunt to me had the better line with Morse.

Really? He had Fisher and Schwartz. He had a much better center in Morse and LDT. LG is still shit. If anything Hunt had more chances to run with Smith as a QB and he had a better Center. Still issues we see today with the G and C but Hunt to me had the better line with Morse.

Morse wasn’t that good. He was injured all time. No need to argue. The lines are about the same. Kareem Hunt is a stud on the football field. 

10 hours ago, Calichief said:

Morse wasn’t that good. He was injured all time. No need to argue. The lines are about the same. Kareem Hunt is a stud on the football field. 

I liked Morse but Reiter is playing close to Morse's level.  Good in pass sets meh in run sets.  Very similiar.  Morse was a better pass blocker but as you said, seemed to be hurt a lot.  The LDT Hunt had was better than what we have now, and the tackles were certainly playing much better than this year.  I do think Hunt benefitted from better blocking but not by a ton.  Hunt is a better runner than CEH for sure but CEH will be much better in the pass game, which is why we drafted him.  He's still learning but watch out when he gets it down.

If Bell is open to mentoring CEH it could really speed up his development in pass pro and routes.

4 hours ago, xen said:

I liked Morse but Reiter is playing close to Morse's level.  Good in pass sets meh in run sets.  Very similiar.  Morse was a better pass blocker but as you said, seemed to be hurt a lot.  The LDT Hunt had was better than what we have now, and the tackles were certainly playing much better than this year.  I do think Hunt benefitted from better blocking but not by a ton.  Hunt is a better runner than CEH for sure but CEH will be much better in the pass game, which is why we drafted him.  He's still learning but watch out when he gets it down.

If Bell is open to mentoring CEH it could really speed up his development in pass pro and routes.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for. 

On 10/18/2020 at 4:58 PM, xen said:

Bell never struck me as the "team first" guy that would happily mentor others. He'll likely look to be the main guy over here and hope for a big pay day after this season. Big Ben was vocal about not willing to mentor youngsters, not sure if Bell would be any different. CEH could benefit from watching Bell though. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Bell never struck me as the "team first" guy that would happily mentor others. He'll likely look to be the main guy over here and hope for a big pay day after this season. Big Ben was vocal about not willing to mentor youngsters, not sure if Bell would be any different. CEH could benefit from watching Bell though. 

To be fair, he was on a team with Antonio Brown and Big Ben.  I'm not sure the climate was team first.  Who knows how a change of scenery might help. 

55 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

To be fair, he was on a team with Antonio Brown and Big Ben.  I'm not sure the climate was team first.  Who knows how a change of scenery might help. 

Hopefully he simply didn't fit with all those "selfishness" :D 

Who knows, may be he found a different appreciation for the game and missing the glory days of being a winner and could be willing to contribute in various roles to stick around. 

On 10/19/2020 at 3:51 PM, reesebobby said:

Bell and Brown were the biggest diva's behind Ben on that team. Bell just wasn't vocal- it was his actions. Change of scenery to the Jets didn't really help although Gase is a huge reason for players regression or stunting of development.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Bell and Brown were the biggest diva's behind Ben on that team. Bell just wasn't vocal- it was his actions. Change of scenery to the Jets didn't really help although Gase is a huge reason for players regression or stunting of development.

Jets was a change of scenery kind of like moving from Libya to Somalia.  He's coming into a much different locker room than either of those places.  I realize sometimes the environment doesn't matter, but sometimes it does.  Randy Moss was an entirely different person in New England for example.  Haynesworth was the same where ever he went.  

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I don't see Bell making that much difference.  He may catch a few passes but that will just take away from other targets.  He may do better on the goal line, but that depends more on the line than who's toting the rock.  Low risk, moderate reward. 

I think Bell will be a bid difference as the season plays out. Likely used often in the slot & spread outside. This will open more ops for Kelce. His stats may not be huge but he being on the field will create even more stress on the opposition defenses. Also lets KC rest CEH often.