Le'Veon Bell?

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

I think Bell will be a bid difference as the season plays out. Likely used often in the slot & spread outside. This will open more ops for Kelce. His stats may not be huge but he being on the field will create even more stress on the opposition defenses. Also lets KC rest CEH often.

Hope his ego can handle being a decoy and starting behind CEH.

11 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I'm sure Andy is working on a package or 2 that has both Bell & CEH in the backfield together. What a DC nightmare.

Yeah. Bell can line up at WR easily too. Imagine a hand off to bell then he throws a screen to CEH type things. This is going to create havoc. 2 RB with 2 WR and 1 TE set of all our weapons on the field. Reid is going to have some fun with this.

57 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah. Bell can line up at WR easily too. Imagine a hand off to bell then he throws a screen to CEH type things. This is going to create havoc. 2 RB with 2 WR and 1 TE set of all our weapons on the field. Reid is going to have some fun with this.

You could line up that way, get em in base, then easily move to a 5 wide look with Kelce and 2 of the only RBs in the NFL that can run WR routes.  That's sick.

44 minutes ago, xen said:

You could line up that way, get em in base, then easily move to a 5 wide look with Kelce and 2 of the only RBs in the NFL that can run WR routes.  That's sick.

Hurry up too keeps that base on the field as long as you keep it going.  Might take a few games to get the kinks worked out but when Andy does get it worked out....watch out!

1 hour ago, xen said:

from espn article on what happened last year

Bell's usage as a wide receiver also declined, although not as much as you might think. In Pittsburgh, he lined up wide or in the slot on 12% of his snaps; it was 8% with the Jets. So yes, Gase could have done a better job of playing to Bell's versatility. Gase said he plans to connect with Bell in the spring to study Pittsburgh tape and figure out ways to make him more productive, but that sounded like lip service, frankly, because he knows Bell probably won't show up for voluntary workouts.

7 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Bell's usage as a wide receiver also declined, although not as much as you might think. In Pittsburgh, he lined up wide or in the slot on 12% of his snaps; it was 8% with the Jets. So yes, Gase could have done a better job of playing to Bell's versatility. Gase said he plans to connect with Bell in the spring to study Pittsburgh tape and figure out ways to make him more productive, but that sounded like lip service, frankly, because he knows Bell probably won't show up for voluntary workouts.

Maybe Reid can look at Pittsburgh tape and learn how to design plays for Bell.  :rolleyes:

Just now, reesebobby said:

Maybe Reid can look at Pittsburgh tape and learn how to design plays for Bell.  :rolleyes:

I don't think Reid has to do that. The main difference between Reid and Pittsburgh...Pitt didn't forget about the running game. Bell will be fine in Reid's passing attack. 

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

We'll see.  There's 40% of the RB snaps available that our backups were taking, plus any 2 rb sets Andy comes up with.  That's enough snaps to do some damage.  If he can coach the kid up some, that's a bonus.  

Andy will make it work.

On 10/19/2020 at 3:35 PM, xen said:

Meh if I was you I'd be more worried about why my qb regressed this year.  He somehow became a worse passer.  Didn't know that was possible.

We'll be fine btw, but thanks for your concern.

I am not worried

Before the bye in 2019 vs before the bye in 2020

5-2 record : 5-1 Record

136-215 (63%) : 102-162 (63%)

1650yds(235ypg) : 1135yds(198ypg)

11 TD/5 INT : 10 TD/2 INT

94.1 QBR : 99.2 QBR

18 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Thats why the eyeroll.  Adam gase and andy reid are not on the same planet as far as utilizing players. 

I am pretty sure I wrote the same thing earlier in this thread. ESPN did a whole article on how players flourish AFTER they leave Gase. Not just one or two but a whole slew of players.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

I am pretty sure I wrote the same thing earlier in this thread. ESPN did a whole article on how players flourish AFTER they leave Gase. Not just one or two but a whole slew of players.

Shit then, we need to grab a LB or two and an O line guard from them then.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

I am not worried

The Crows' next five games will determine how much LJ8 has progressed.  They should look better on paper since they get four games against the sorry NFC East.  The Steelers and Titans might give them a better picture of where they are.  BTW:  Congrats on picking up Ngakouae (sp?)  Looks like they got him cheaply..

21 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Crows' next five games will determine how much LJ8 has progressed.  They should look better on paper since they get four games against the sorry NFC East.  The Steelers and Titans might give them a better picture of where they are.  BTW:  Congrats on picking up Ngakouae (sp?)  Looks like they got him cheaply..

3rd and 5th when Vikings paid 2nd and 5th lol. Guess it worked to wait it out....

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I am not worried

Smell the bmore desperation:

https://www.nfl.com/news/baltimore-ravens-plan-to-sign-wr-dez-bryant-to-practice-squad

2 hours ago, xen said:

I don't see desperation, I see opportunity to see what he has left. Covid 19 rules allow a 10/5 guy to be signed to a Practice Squad.

Better way to see what he has left; regular practice against the best secondary in the NFL. low cost move

6 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I don't see desperation, I see opportunity to see what he has left. Covid 19 rules allow a 10/5 guy to be signed to a Practice Squad.

Better way to see what he has left; regular practice against the best secondary in the NFL. low cost move

Of course you don't see desperation.  You think their wr corp doesn't suck.  The rest of us see it more clearly.

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

Does Ngakoue even fit in the 3-4?