Le'Veon Bell?

6 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

Does Ngakoue even fit in the 3-4? 

They'll have to put him at OLB with his size. The bigger question is why did the vikes take a loss in draft picks to trade him after 6 games.  They traded away a 2nd to get him and got back a 3rd (5th round picks are a wash).  Good player though, I'm sure the ravens will figure it out.

16 hours ago, xen said:

Of course you don't see desperation.  You think their wr corp doesn't suck.  The rest of us see it more clearly.

Wait! I thought it was LJ that sucked? Now my WR suck too? Golly damn....jeezy peezy

15 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Some see it too in the media 

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1972708

6 onth old article- cool

12 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

Does Ngakoue even fit in the 3-4? 

Guy fits anywhere

5 hours ago, xen said:

They'll have to put him at OLB with his size. The bigger question is why did the vikes take a loss in draft picks to trade him after 6 games.  They traded away a 2nd to get him and got back a 3rd (5th round picks are a wash).  Good player though, I'm sure the ravens will figure it out.

Standing up he is better. Also, he is only 25 years old.

Jason LaCanfora

Ravens were willing to give up a 2 to the Jags for Ngakoue as reported 7 weeks ago. Cap issues prevented it. Vikings paid Ngakoue to get in shape, he's in form now and

@Ravens get him for basically half the price in salary and not as high of a price in picks. Brilliant

@FieldYates
Within the past year, Ravens GM Eric DeCosta has traded for Yannick Ngakoue, Marcus Peters and Calais Campbell in exchange for a total three fifth-round picks, a third-round pick and back-up LB Kenny Young.

Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy says Le’Veon Bell contacted Clyde Edwards-Helaire before signing

Concerns about team chemistry and how running back Le’Veon Bell might fit in alongside Clyde Edwards-Helaire in the Chiefs’ backfield were effectively put to rest this week.

Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy made sure of it Thursday by sharing the story of what Bell did before signing with Kansas City.

“Le’Veon reached out to Clyde and had a conversation with him and told him basically, ‘I don’t want to step on your toes; I want to know if you’re OK with me coming in here,’” Bieniemy said.

The Chiefs knew the type of player they were getting in Bell, who was a two-time All-Pro and three-time Pro Bowler while producing explosive numbers with the Pittsburgh Steelers from 2013-17.

Bell was widely regarded as one of the NFL’s elite running backs before he languished for 17 games with the New York Jets, leading to his surprise release on Oct. 12.

While the Chiefs already had Edwards-Helaire, a first-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, leading the charge out of the backfield, they didn’t pass up the opportunity to bring in Bell.

Despite his career accomplishments, which include 9,359 yards from scrimmage (6,199 rushing) and 46 touchdowns, the Chiefs’ newest running back felt it appropriate to reach out to Edwards-Helaire before signing a contract.

The good-will gesture certainly didn’t go unnoticed.

“He’s a classy individual,” Bieniemy said of Bell. “It says a lot about the person who does not want to come up and disrupt the chemistry that we have.”

Running backs coach Deland McCullough agreed.

“That just lets you know he’s a guy who has respect for what’s going on,” McCullough said. “He has a level of character that maybe people don’t know about, but obviously it showed itself in that situation.”

Now, the Chiefs have visions of using Bell’s football skills as a one-two punch with their rookie against opposing defenses.

“He gives 25 (Edwards-Helaire) a complement because now you got a little bit of thunder and lightning going on with those two,” Bieniemy said.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article246644673.html

• 5 weeks later...

12 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Bell sucks. Please stop taking plays from CEH. Bell has lost it. 

Bell did what the Chiefs brought him in for.  CEH got a good share of runs and gained about 4.9/carry.  He can't carry it every time.  I'd rather see Bell than Williams in most cases of relieving CEH.  The big question is how the Chiefs rushed so well behind that sorry line.

14 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Bell is fine in spot relief.  Scored a TD tonight!

Real issue is we still run too much.

Not so sure about that.  While the Chiefs wasted a few first down plays on run losses, they were pretty successful at good gains from CEH, and they did score three rushing TDs. 

I don’t get the hate.  It’s not like those few stuffed up the middle plays would of been any different if it was CEH.  Bell is a very very goof #2 RB behind CEH and we should be grateful and “Thankful”.

Bell will get his ring and move on to the highest bidder

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Not so sure about that.  While the Chiefs wasted a few first down plays on run losses, they were pretty successful at good gains from CEH, and they did score three rushing TDs. 

4.0 YPC (team) still not great.  I don't remember all the drives but there's no reason to be running on 2nd and 25, for example.