Tyrann Mathieu is changing the game

• 1 year later...

4 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

saw this PC earlier this morning...he was pretty emotional and then you get the flipside where frank clark said he wants to stay because

he bought a house in KC 😑

HB is one of those guys that you want to see succeed. Decent dude with good leadership qualities but also emotional. However he's overpaid for the production and this is a capped sport.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure Clark can somehow sell that house. 

Just now, Thegoatee said:

I have nothing against HB, but you don’t break the bank on a safety who doesn’t show up on the stat sheet or make big plays all that often. He may help get folks lined up, and that is important, but he shied away from tackles and didn’t cause many turnovers or pass breakups.

agreed whats the price yo pay for leadership because thats about al he brings to the table. Now watch him win the WP's  Man of the Year..cutting the MOTY .. man o man

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

agreed whats the price yo pay for leadership because thats about al he brings to the table. Now watch him win the WP's  Man of the Year..cutting the MOTY .. man o man

At 30 I think his agent won't have an easy time selling HB as worthy of something closer to 20 but I think a more realistic figure would be something like 45-50 over 3 years. I wouldn't mind paying that to a solid Safety but HB is just a good leader with average Safety skills at this point that's definitely not worth as much. 

20 minutes ago, sith13 said:

At 30 I think his agent won't have an easy time selling HB as worthy of something closer to 20 but I think a more realistic figure would be something like 45-50 over 3 years. I wouldn't mind paying that to a solid Safety but HB is just a good leader with average Safety skills at this point that's definitely not worth as much. 

To much imo. He was staying away from hitting people as almost timid on Sunday. Use his money we don't have to pay and Clark's money among others and resign our own and get the fa we need and go into the draft ti get the rest.

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I have nothing against HB, but you don’t break the bank on a safety who doesn’t show up on the stat sheet or make big plays all that often. He may help get folks lined up, and that is important, but he shied away from tackles and didn’t cause many turnovers or pass breakups.

Over the last two months of the season, if cameras didn’t catch him yelling at his teammates on the field, we would’ve barely known he played. He really wasn’t contributing much in the way of tangible things. 

I don’t know. He is a hell of a player. Then again 30 is 30. I can’t beat the secondary up too bad. We had almost no pressure.  The second half we had 82 yards on 7 possessions  and 2 picks. You can’t put your D in that spot against Cinci. Period. Giving up 24 is easy to do when that happens. 

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I think its been obvious for a while the chiefs management told him they had little interest in signing him to a new deal, otherwise they would have already extended him to lower his cap hit 

Maybe, but that would also assume that it was willing to renegotiate to such a deal.  Judging by statements he’s made, I don’t see him as a guy doing the franchise any favors, he’s gonna take every dollar he can squeeze.  

I could have completely misread his presser but it came across like a guy whose organization hasn’t offered him much more than lip service.   I love his heart and he seems to be an incredible guy.   I think resigning him for top safety money which is what, ~15 million per is a mistake.  I don’t think you can pay a player on defense that much unless they can frequently make game changing plays.   If teams can easily avoid him then his biggest asset is getting guys set so we would be repeating the Hitchens debacle.  Maybe there is enough money but maybe it’s time to move on.

Jason_OTC

@Jason_OTC

·

13h

I had some questions on the #Chiefs salary cap for next year. This should cover most of them Cutting Frank Clark frees up $12.7M in cap Cutting Anthony Hitchens frees up $8.4M in cap Restructures candidates: Mahomes, Thuney, and C. Jones. Extension candidate: T. Hill

What they do with the Honey Badger really Depends on the contract Demands.  I think if it gets north of 15 million a year then I do not think the Chiefs will sign him.  He is a good player,  but he did not make a lot of impact this year.  He is 30 years old and will likely continue to decline.   We have Ward hitting Free Agency.  The Chiefs may have made their decision who they are keeping in the secondary and it may be ward.