Tyrann Mathieu is changing the game

Obviously the #1 priority is the LT but the worst case scenario (and may be the likeliest) is that Brown will be tagged which leaves us with 4 picks in the first 3 rounds that should be spent on defense. Depending on who's available I can see the 2 linemen and 2 defensive backs being the picks which will save us a lot of cap with Clark, Hitchens, HB out of the picture.

If HB wants to give KC a discount for another push at the ring I don't mind having him around for something less than 10 million per year. However I prefer to go with an early round rookie or a much younger FA as things currently stand.

12 hours ago, moons314 said:

Maybe, but that would also assume that it was willing to renegotiate to such a deal.  Judging by statements he’s made, I don’t see him as a guy doing the franchise any favors, he’s gonna take every dollar he can squeeze.  

You knew that a long time ago. The guy has been avoiding contact all year. He didn't want to hurt himself and in turn cost himself any money on his last big payday. 

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You knew that a long time ago. The guy has been avoiding contact all year. He didn't want to hurt himself and in turn cost himself any money on his last big payday. 

at 30 his last big payday is behind him he's not stupid enough to think a 30yo safety is worth top$, his agent might be that stupid tho

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

at 30 his last big payday is behind him he's not stupid enough to think a 30yo safety is worth top$, his agent might be that stupid tho

I think even 3/30 is a big payday. I mean if the dude had injured himself this year and missed the rest of the season, he'd be looking at what? A 1 yr prove it? 

10 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Joel Corry

@corryjoel

·

14h

The KC Chiefs would create $21.92M of 2022 salary cap room by converting Patrick Mahomes' $27.4M 3rd day of the 2022 league year roster bonus (3/18) into signing bonus. Mahomes' 2022 cap number would go from $35,793,381 to $13,873,381.

Can save over 12 mill by extending Tyreek. Can save almost 20 by releasing Clark and designating it post June 1st. 8 mill by releasing Hitchens. And there's a cap increase of almost 26 mill. 

That's over 80 million dollars in cap space.

We are going shopping.

16 hours ago, DieHard said:

I don’t know. He is a hell of a player. Then again 30 is 30. I can’t beat the secondary up too bad. We had almost no pressure.  The second half we had 82 yards on 7 possessions  and 2 picks. You can’t put your D in that spot against Cinci. Period. Giving up 24 is easy to do when that happens. 

Agreed... you can't pin this on our secondary.

This loss is 100% on Andy and Patrick. Andy screwed up a perfect opportunity at the goal line before the half. Then he screwed around at the goal line with 30 secs in the game.

I have no idea what happened to Patrick in that second half. No idea. 1st half he was scrambling outside, taking the open ground and giving his receivers opportunities to get open. We had 3 TDs to show for it.

Second half he didn't seem to want to get outside containment, even when there was wide open real estate. No idea why... but that killed us. 

27 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Can save over 12 mill by extending Tyreek. Can save almost 20 by releasing Clark and designating it post June 1st. 8 mill by releasing Hitchens. And there's a cap increase of almost 26 mill. 

We are going shopping.

Don't need to go through all of that IMO. overthecap.com says we have 14 million for next season, likely due to the increased cap and possibly an estimate but if we consider that to be a good one that means releasing Clark and Hitch will end up giving us about 35 million in cap space. Brown, if extended, will cost pennies for 2022 and Juju is likely coming to KC this year which shouldn't cost that much either. Extending Hill is likely the cherry on top in terms of the cap and we can actually defer any possible cap savings to future seasons by ignoring Mahomes, Thuney, etc. 

23 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Don't need to go through all of that IMO. overthecap.com says we have 14 million for next season, likely due to the increased cap and possibly an estimate but if we consider that to be a good one that means releasing Clark and Hitch will end up giving us about 35 million in cap space. Brown, if extended, will cost pennies for 2022 and Juju is likely coming to KC this year which shouldn't cost that much either. Extending Hill is likely the cherry on top in terms of the cap and we can actually defer any possible cap savings to future seasons by ignoring Mahomes, Thuney, etc. 

would you care to share the source to this baseless assumption? likely and shouldn't cost much? please don't say" rumor is"..maybe I'm missing something?

29 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Don't need to go through all of that? Do you even read the posts you respond to? You literally named 3 cap saving moves that were the exact 3 I listed in the post you quoted. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

As a fan I hated that, but as a fellow father and provider I do understand that.  

21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

would you care to share the source to this baseless assumption? likely and shouldn't cost much? please don't say" rumor is"..maybe I'm missing something?

Juju got 1 for 8 mil this year, and had an extremely bad season, based on that 1 for 6 would be a reasonable guess for what he might get on the open market… i also wouldn’t be surprised if matheiu got a similar deal to that as opposed to the 3 for 45 he is wanting.

29 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Don't need to go through all of that? Do you even read the posts you respond to? You literally named 3 cap saving moves that were the exact 3 I listed in the post you quoted. 

I replied to the wrong one, wanted to reply to the post mentioning Mahomes, Jones, Thuney restructures.

49 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/juju-smith-schuster-interested-in-kansas-city-chiefs-again-source/

Saw it on some pundit's twitter or something at first. "It’s no secret in NFL circles with multiple league sources that Smith-Schuster hopes to join the Chiefs as a free agent and has expressed that desire."

By the way it could just be his wish with no more traction here in KC front but in such a scenario I would still prefer a veteran WR as a rookie investment takes too long to pay out in this regime for whatever reason. However Juju is a great fit if he's fully healthy.

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/juju-smith-schuster-interested-in-kansas-city-chiefs-again-source/

Saw it on some pundit's twitter or something at first. "It’s no secret in NFL circles with multiple league sources that Smith-Schuster hopes to join the Chiefs as a free agent and has expressed that desire."

By the way it could just be his wish with no more traction here in KC front but in such a scenario I would still prefer a veteran WR as a rookie investment takes too long to pay out in this regime for whatever reason. However Juju is a great fit if he's fully healthy.

isn't one of the Charger WR's (Allen, Williams) a FA as well...all these guys are about the same size and we need someone who can go up and take the ball even after taking a hit from a CB

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

We are going shopping.

Cap goes up by 26 mil, but Pat’s cost goes up by 28 mil. I think Clark only saves 13 mil. May be shopping at the dollar tree with 27 FAs.

6 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

isn't one of the Charger WR's (Allen, Williams) a FA as well...all these guys are about the same size and we need someone who can go up and take the ball even after taking a hit from a CB

Allen isn't really an option as he wouldn't really hit FA but luckily it's Williams so there may be a shot at getting him. Chargers know how to find WRs. I would also keep Pringle around with something like 15 million over 4 years, he has been a stud when given the chance and really showed up in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Allen isn't really an option as he wouldn't really hit FA but luckily it's Williams so there may be a shot at getting him. Chargers know how to find WRs. I would also keep Pringle around with something like 15 million over 4 years, he has been a stud when given the chance and really showed up in the playoffs. 

keep pringle and dump Kemp & Robinson

41 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Cap goes up by 26 mil, but Pat’s cost goes up by 28 mil. I think Clark only saves 13 mil. May be shopping at the dollar tree with 27 FAs.

Believe it or not I actually research this stuff before I post it. Exactly like my post said...if Clark is designated post June 1st we can save over 19 million. That wasnt a guess.

Below is the tweet I originally responded to which, you clearly didn't take the time to read either. 

Screenshot_20220201-084519_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Believe it or not I actually research this stuff before I post it. Exactly like my post said...if Clark is designated post June 1st we can save over 19 million. That wasnt a guess.

Below is the tweet I originally responded to which, you clearly didn't take the time to read either. 

Screenshot_20220201-084519_Chrome.jpg

You whine a little. You gonna be ok?

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Do you think he was intentionally avoiding, or have his skills diminished?  I don’t doubt his ability to be a coach on the field bc he’s smart, but on the field he’s been a ghost.  I think it’s a combination of both. 

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Juju got 1 for 8 mil this year, and had an extremely bad season, based on that 1 for 6 would be a reasonable guess for what he might get on the open market… i also wouldn’t be surprised if matheiu got a similar deal to that as opposed to the 3 for 45 he is wanting.

3 for 18 would be fine by me. He will prove his worth the first year with Mahomes. He may want to try just 1 year but learning Reids system and possibly getting hurt again could work against him too 

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

HB was 1st in INTs. Tied for 1st in Tackles for the secondary. 3rd on the team as a whole. Tied for first in sacks for the secondary. Also, we see a big difference in communication and organization when he is out. HB is tough as nails. 5'9" and 190 so he has been careful but solid tackling ever since he got here. The guy is 2nd behind Bolton for solo tackles. I have seen no difference with him in this contract year.