Tyrann Mathieu is changing the game

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

HB was 1st in INTs. Tied for 1st in Tackles for the secondary. 3rd on the team as a whole. Tied for first in sacks for the secondary. Also, we see a big difference in communication and organization when he is out. HB is tough as nails. 5'9" and 190 so he has been careful but solid tackling ever since he got here. The guy is 2nd behind Bolton for solo tackles. I have seen no difference with him in this contract year.

Not seeing things seems to be kind of your thing...

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I guess. Next year his hit is 47 mill. How does that kick the can effect future years?  I honestly don't know. 23 mill in cap hit doesn't just disappear does it?

Always push stuff down the road, for all we know in 5 years they may save to hell with the cap, or the team may suffer such serious setbacks they may choose to take a 60 million dollar hit in a given year and punt on the season.

team is still competitive now with tyreek and kelce still close to prime, that may only last another season

19 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Always push stuff down the road, for all we know in 5 years they may save to hell with the cap, or the team may suffer such serious setbacks they may choose to take a 60 million dollar hit in a given year and punt on the season.

team is still competitive now with tyreek and kelce still close to prime, that may only last another season

That is a fair point. We may have no choice with so many guys hitting FA. I am really concerned about fielding D next year. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

HB was 1st in INTs. Tied for 1st in Tackles for the secondary. 3rd on the team as a whole. Tied for first in sacks for the secondary. Also, we see a big difference in communication and organization when he is out. HB is tough as nails. 5'9" and 190 so he has been careful but solid tackling ever since he got here. The guy is 2nd behind Bolton for solo tackles. I have seen no difference with him in this contract year.

in all fairness  those figures  I'd think as far as his fellow safety's through out the league they have to be of the very low end

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

That is a fair point. We may have no choice with so many guys hitting FA. I am really concerned about fielding D next year. 

I think many are going to have to be draft picks or pick up with 1 year prove it deals

Just now, oldtimer said:

in all fairness  those figures  I'd think as far as his fellow safety's through out the league they have to be of the very low end

I think that is true as well. Damn it’s going to be a very interesting off season. Defensive rebuild again. Damn glad we have Snead, Jones, Bolton and Gay at least. 

13 hours ago, DieHard said:

I guess. Next year his hit is 47 mill. How does that kick the can effect future years?  I honestly don't know. 23 mill in cap hit doesn't just disappear does it?

You have to spend a certain amount of the cap over a specific timeline so kicking it down the line doesn't really work in every case. However anything not spent is carried on to the next season so if there's a specific move planned for a year the kick actually helps out but I doubt it could be a long-term thing.