Trade for Alex Mack and sign Larry Warford

I know we have talked about fixing our IOL and YES I think we need a thread on how to do it ASAP.

So throw some idea here!

Mine would be to trade for Alex Mack.  The Falcons actually drafted Macks replacement this past draft with Hennessey out of temple.  Mack is also a free agent after this season and I getting something for him is better than letting him walk.  Mack would be the best center Mahomes has ever had and a HUGE impact on the overall OL.  I'd think a mid round pick would be more than enough to get this deal done for a rental that could end up being a 3-4 more year contract if it works out well enough.  

Lets not stop here!  Give me a guard!  Does anyone know why Larry Warford hasn't signed anywhere?  Money?  Really a CVOID issue?  I still think he could be a Bell type of signing where he signs a 1 year contract and gets his ring while upping his value.  Can go back into FA and get paid.  The guy still performed well last season but money and a new draft pick is why he got cut.

Fisher--Warford---Mack---Let the other 3 battle it out----Schwartz

This OLine just got soooooooo much better with what should be very easy trade/signings for our main man Veach!

Then of course we trade Fisher and his HUGE contract this offseason and get his replacement in the draft OR maybe Niang steps up and takes it!

15 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I like the idea of Billy price out of Cincinnati.  He has fallen out of favor there.  A change of scenery could be good for him.  A 5th rounder should get it done

At this point, if a trade is to be made, KC needs a player better than what they and not a project or future potential. KC needs a proven player before just throwing draft picks around like candy.

53 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

At this point, if a trade is to be made, KC needs a player better than what they and not a project or future potential. KC needs a proven player before just throwing draft picks around like candy.

Yep.  like picking up Wiz for last year.  Don't need to go big, just get someone to fill in this season. 

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

It's a 5th rounder we would be ok.  And price is a kid that can step in and play right away.  He was a top 15 player in his draft class until a peck tear pushed him to second round.  

On 10/16/2020 at 12:08 PM, Balto said:

I know we have talked about fixing our IOL and YES I think we need a thread on how to do it ASAP.

So throw some idea here!

Mine would be to trade for Alex Mack.  The Falcons actually drafted Macks replacement this past draft with Hennessey out of temple.  Mack is also a free agent after this season and I getting something for him is better than letting him walk.  Mack would be the best center Mahomes has ever had and a HUGE impact on the overall OL.  I'd think a mid round pick would be more than enough to get this deal done for a rental that could end up being a 3-4 more year contract if it works out well enough.  

Lets not stop here!  Give me a guard!  Does anyone know why Larry Warford hasn't signed anywhere?  Money?  Really a CVOID issue?  I still think he could be a Bell type of signing where he signs a 1 year contract and gets his ring while upping his value.  Can go back into FA and get paid.  The guy still performed well last season but money and a new draft pick is why he got cut.

Fisher--Warford---Mack---Let the other 3 battle it out----Schwartz

This OLine just got soooooooo much better with what should be very easy trade/signings for our main man Veach!

Then of course we trade Fisher and his HUGE contract this offseason and get his replacement in the draft OR maybe Niang steps up and takes it!

My understanding is larry warford opted out of the season due to covid; however, since he was a free agent i dont see how you can opt out if you are not in the league so who knows

The article I read about Warford  he said he was wanting to start a family and was going to sit out the season and would look at it again in 2021.   

The article didn't come right out and say it but my interpretation of it was that he didn't wanna risk the chance of covid  in case his wife got pregnant. 

23 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

My understanding is larry warford opted out of the season due to covid; however, since he was a free agent i dont see how you can opt out if you are not in the league so who knows

I don't have a link and I can't remember for sure but I'm pretty sure I heard that you're correct, basically if you opted out but you weren't under contract you can change your decision.  Not 100% sure though.

3rd overall pick in 2019.  He's a hell of a player.  Our DLine would be absolutely sick.  Great against run but has potential as a pass rusher too.  Not like Jones but makes some splash plays rushing the passer.  Price too high but you never know with the dumpster fire that is the Jets.  Cost control through 2022 plus option year.  Our coaches could get a lot more out of him.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

3rd overall pick in 2019.  He's a hell of a player.  Our DLine would be absolutely sick.  Great against run but has potential as a pass rusher too.  Not like Jones but makes some splash plays rushing the passer.  Price too high but you never know with the dumpster fire that is the Jets.  Cost control through 2022 plus option year.  Our coaches could get a lot more out of him.

Jesus. Imagine, him, Stone Cold and 55 on the same line. I just went from six to midnight.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

This I could get on board with. Hes uber talented. Could be a successor to Kelce. Oh the mismatches...

Evan Engram might be available as well.  Cap hit prorated portion of 3.4m this year and 5th year option at a tic over 6m already exercised for next year.  Hasn't done shit this year but man, Andy with this kid and Killa Trav.  Still just 25 years old.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Evan Engram might be available as well.  Cap hit prorated portion of 3.4m this year and 5th year option at a tic over 6m already exercised for next year.  Hasn't done shit this year but man, Andy with this kid and Killa Trav.  Still just 25 years old.

Engram is a freak of nature. Would be awesome. I'm sure the ask is super high.

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Engram has some brick hands right now

Yes, plus the way they're barely using him I don't think he's in their coach's future plans.  Historically his catch rate has been fine outside of his rookie year in the nfl and this year.  Whatever is going on I think we would fix rather quickly.

That said he would have to come rather cheap.  Would rather have Quinnen Williams if we're going to spend.

17 hours ago, xen said:

Hell I’d give up our 2nd....almost a 3rd.

On the books for:

rest of season:  About $1.2M

2021:  about $3.5M

2022:  about $5M

2023:  option

would be insane value for his talent.  Why wouldn’t we be happy if Veach drafted a Dline guy like him this coming draft at end of 2nd round?