We're on to the Bills

45 minutes ago, Palangi said:

https://www.chiefs.com/news/week-6-injury-report-chiefs-vs-bills

Schwartz showed up today as questionable with a sore back.  Does yasir durant get the call as the RT if he can't go? Remmers was suppose to be the swing tackle but he is starting at LG. 

Maybe Allegretti plays LG and Remmers goes out to RT.

Whatever the worst option to protect Mahomes is, that's what they will choose. So I'd go with the latter. Last year they replaced their lousy LG with an unemployed guy off the scrap heap. He surprised them by being good. This year we are shooting for even less productivity.

They seem to like the challenge if putting the 5 least talented guys they can find in front of the best group of weapons in the league, including Pat. 

Look at the investment on either of your proposed lines:

1st rounder, league minimum vet, UDFA, UDFA, UDFA 

Or...

1st rounder, 7th rounder,  UDFA, UDFA, league minimum vet.

And we wonder why this line set a record last Sunday for futility...

46 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Whatever the worst option to protect Mahomes is, that's what they will choose. So I'd go with the latter. Last year they replaced their lousy LG with an unemployed guy off the scrap heap. He surprised them by being good. This year we are shooting for even less productivity.

They seem to like the challenge if putting the 5 least talented guys they can find in front of the best group of weapons in the league, including Pat. 

Or...

I agree.  Which is why this sudden injury is very worrisome. 

With only 4 healthy WR (Watkins is the 5th and out this week) do we bring up someone from the P.S.?

Deiter

Ffrench

Fortson

Chad Williams

If like to see Williams come up.  At 6'2" 205 has good size.  He has good speed also as he ran a low 4.4 forty at his combine. He also has game experience.  

I still think making Fortson into a TE should be the way to go with him

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Or...

I haven't seen grades, but wtf happened to Schwartz?  He was the best tackle in the league last year, and this year he's getting shoved all over the field.  Of all the line spots, that was the one I was the least worried about, but it has been no better than the others.  Our interior 3 have sucked out loud for years, the tackles now joining them is a really bad omen. 

Final injury report.  Ok so buried in this is possibly some good news that I haven't seen any sites talking about.  KC has not said anything about Osemele but they also have not put him on IR.  He had tears in both knees, which sounds awful but if the tears were small it's possible they could heal on their own without surgery.  Surgery would end his season but if it heals on its own he could be back later in the year.  I'm guessing this is what is happening and thats why he's not on IR.

Screen_Shot_2020_10_17_at_2.10.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2020_10_17_at_2.11.49_PM.png

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Or...

I hope this is sarcasm, but who knows.  Dumb fuckin post either way.

But, you are probably right.  They signed Pat to a half a bil and then their goal was to not protect him. 🙄

sarcasm, btw

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

I hope this is sarcasm, but who knows.  Dumb fuckin post either way.

But, you are probably right.  They signed Pat to a half a bil and then their goal was to not protect him. 🙄

sarcasm, btw

I didnt realize I needed to put an asterisk by my posts so you'd know when I'm using sarcasm. You don't need to tell me when you are using it either.

3 hours ago, xen said:

Final injury report.  Ok so buried in this is possibly some good news that I haven't seen any sites talking about.  KC has not said anything about Osemele but they also have not put him on IR.  He had tears in both knees, which sounds awful but if the tears were small it's possible they could heal on their own without surgery.  Surgery would end his season but if it heals on its own he could be back later in the year.  I'm guessing this is what is happening and thats why he's not on IR.

Screen_Shot_2020_10_17_at_2.10.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2020_10_17_at_2.11.49_PM.png

Well Osemele officially to IR.  So much for my half-assed theory.

30 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I didnt realize I needed to put an asterisk by my posts so you'd know when I'm using sarcasm. You don't need to tell me when you are using it either.

Since it is no different than any of your other posts, then no, you don’t need the asterisk.  We already know.

I think the Bills win 41-38. Chiefs oline issies are a big concern this week. Seems Chiefs are thinking they are in the playoffs already where as the Bills have something to prove. Bills hungry Chiefs not so much.

Allen is the real deal. Most think Mahomes is the best NFL QB ever , alone at the top. I think Mahomes is a top 5 QB and not better than the others. Take away a Watkins and ad pressure, you see a very good top 5 QB and not the greatest ever. Put any other of the top 5 on the KC roster and they put up amazing numbers too. 

I think Allen is also a top 5 QB.

The Mahomes edge is a never give in attitude. 

Allen is certainly all that..he may be behind MVPat in development but certainly not in arm strength  + he's bigger. Bills have a real keeper. IF I had to pick lose to Raiders or Bills I'd of picked Raiders  because later on down the road a tie breaker may decided HFA. We lost 2 in a row last year  and all hope was not loss..very well could happen again.  As the now classic saying goes.." going to be tighter than a gnats ass stretched over a rain barrel"

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

I think the Bills win 41-38. Chiefs oline issies are a big concern this week. Seems Chiefs are thinking they are in the playoffs already where as the Bills have something to prove. Bills hungry Chiefs not so much.

Allen is the real deal. Most think Mahomes is the best NFL QB ever , alone at the top. I think Mahomes is a top 5 QB and not better than the others. Take away a Watkins and ad pressure, you see a very good top 5 QB and not the greatest ever. Put any other of the top 5 on the KC roster and they put up amazing numbers too. 

I think Allen is also a top 5 QB.

The Mahomes edge is a never give in attitude. 

obviously mahomes hasn't been around long enough to categorize him among 'best ever'

but given the short, 2 year snapshot he's definitely got the ability

the only real concern is how long the chiefs can keep him upright... the front office plays as much a role in a quarterback's greatness as the QB's talent does

the other greats (montana, brady, manning) always found a way to work with rotating rosters and free agnecy, but always enjoyed one or two consistent weapons on offense

with travis, tyreek and now mecole, he has consistent weapons... even without watkns

the key to mahomes achieving that level of greatness is the front office, and how they navigate the cap, injuries and the roster changes caused by them

NE, Den and SF all had excellent FOs because they had to deal with the same injuries, salary caps and free agencies that all the other teams had to navigate

personally I think Veach is the man... and we KNOW mahomes has the ability to become GOAT

the question is FO committment