We're on to the Bills

1 hour ago, mex said:

obviously mahomes hasn't been around long enough to categorize him among 'best ever'

but given the short, 2 year snapshot he's definitely got the ability

the only real concern is how long the chiefs can keep him upright... the front office plays as much a role in a quarterback's greatness as the QB's talent does

the other greats (montana, brady, manning) always found a way to work with rotating rosters and free agnecy, but always enjoyed one or two consistent weapons on offense

with travis, tyreek and now mecole, he has consistent weapons... even without watkns

the key to mahomes achieving that level of greatness is the front office, and how they navigate the cap, injuries and the roster changes caused by them

NE, Den and SF all had excellent FOs because they had to deal with the same injuries, salary caps and free agencies that all the other teams had to navigate

personally I think Veach is the man... and we KNOW mahomes has the ability to become GOAT

the question is FO committment 

One thing I like about Veach is he has embraced the Belichickian philosophy of securing your core players on 2nd contracts and filling in with cheap, good vets chasing a ring   You can only do that if you have a great team vets believe can get them a ring, of course.  

2 hours ago, mex said:

obviously mahomes hasn't been around long enough to categorize him among 'best ever'

but given the short, 2 year snapshot he's definitely got the ability

the only real concern is how long the chiefs can keep him upright... the front office plays as much a role in a quarterback's greatness as the QB's talent does

the other greats (montana, brady, manning) always found a way to work with rotating rosters and free agnecy, but always enjoyed one or two consistent weapons on offense

with travis, tyreek and now mecole, he has consistent weapons... even without watkns

the key to mahomes achieving that level of greatness is the front office, and how they navigate the cap, injuries and the roster changes caused by them

NE, Den and SF all had excellent FOs because they had to deal with the same injuries, salary caps and free agencies that all the other teams had to navigate

personally I think Veach is the man... and we KNOW mahomes has the ability to become GOAT

the question is FO committment 

So have they done everything they can to put a line in front of him? I'll be the first to admit Osemele was a good signing. And it sounded like they wanted Niang to compete at one of the guard spots day one.

But our swing guy is Remmers. Hes been declining for a few yrs. He replaced Erving. I also understand Veach investing a pick to obtain Erving. Still young and was a 1st rd pick. But the guy was terrible. So bad that he literally hurt his own QB. And Wylie? Bum. Who replaced LDT who was also poor last year, and shat himself in the SB.

Its just a bunch of minimal investments on the interior. Hindsight is 20/20, and as much as I love CEH, I think they may have been better off going o line rd 1 and giving an incentive laden deal to a guy like Devonta Freeman.

So is Veach scrambling to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, or does this organization just need to be more open to the idea of using earlier picks on the big nasties?

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

So have they done everything they can to put a line in front of him? I'll be the first to admit Osemele was a good signing. And it sounded like they wanted Niang to compete at one of the guard spots day one.

But our swing guy is Remmers. Hes been declining for a few yrs. He replaced Erving. I also understand Veach investing a pick to obtain Erving. Still young and was a 1st rd pick. But the guy was terrible. So bad that he literally hurt his own QB. And Wylie? Bum. Who replaced LDT who was also poor last year, and shat himself in the SB.

Its just a bunch of minimal investments on the interior. Hindsight is 20/20, and as much as I love CEH, I think they may have been better off going o line rd 1 and giving an incentive laden deal to a guy like Devonta Freeman.

So is Veach scrambling to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, or does this organization just need to be more open to the idea of using earlier picks on the big nasties?

My question is why isn't Allegretti getting a shot? A young kid we drafted in his 3rd year. If he isn't an answer why do we continue to waste a roster spot on him? 

Remmers is average at best

Wylie is bad

Reiter is dog shit

10 minutes ago, Palangi said:

My question is why isn't Allegretti getting a shot? A young kid we drafted in his 3rd year. If he isn't an answer why do we continue to waste a roster spot on him? 

Remmers is average at best

Wylie is bad

Reiter is dog shit

My guess is unfortunately he isn't ready yet. I'm assuming he's shown enough to keep him, but not enough to let him play. 

54 minutes ago, qnet said:

My guess is unfortunately he isn't ready yet. I'm assuming he's shown enough to keep him, but not enough to let him play. 

I get that.  But what has reiter and wylie shown this year to warrant them being trotted or the constantly? 

Give the kid at shot at center.  See what we have.  See if he can handle it and we don't have to draft it. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

the hard part about asking that question, is we're just fans... observers

easy to watch 60 min of football from the couch and say "they should have done a better job of draft/free agent acquisition on the OL"

to me, the hardest part of the front office job is the balance

as xen stated in the last post, FA acquisitions are important... oft times a crap shoot

injuries are not predictable... how do you deal with them

so yeah... they could invest a lot more on the big uglies, but what is the ultimate cost of that? 

you pay for it with coin that could be used to shore up the defense and STs... both important pieces that can cost you games

remember that offense we had with Weigaman, Roaf, Shields, Waters and Tait in the trenches?

Fucking unstoppable

where did that get us

average STs and swiss cheese defense

New England has a 6th round rookie starting at RG. And the kid is playing well.  Allegretti was a 3 year starter in the same conference.  

I don't know if he is any good or not.  But I know Wylie sucks and I know Reiter is utter dog shit. So why not see? 

7 minutes ago, mex said:

the hard part about asking that question, is we're just fans... observers

easy to watch 60 min of football from the couch and say "they should have done a better job of draft/free agent acquisition on the OL"

to me, the hardest part of the front office job is the balance

as xen stated in the last post, FA acquisitions are important... oft times a crap shoot

injuries are not predictable... how do you deal with them

so yeah... they could invest a lot more on the big uglies, but what is the ultimate cost of that? 

you pay for it with coin that could be used to shore up the defense and STs... both important pieces that can cost you games

remember that offense we had with Weigaman, Roaf, Shields, Waters and Tait in the trenches?

Fucking unstoppable

where did that get us

average STs and swiss cheese defense

So Greg Robinson won't be mentioned in the same breath with Buddy Ryan or Dick LeBeau? Is that what you're saying?

17 minutes ago, Palangi said:

But I know Wylie sucks and I know Reiter is utter dog shit

no offense, but how is it you know more about player evaluation than bienemy/heck?  

gosh I love it when armchair football fans call professional players 'dog shit'

really makes everyone think you're an expert!

so... where did you play D1 college football... what round did you get selected? how many offensive lines have you called assignments out at center?

please detail the credentials you've received, that allow you to call a player who has earned super bowl champion Andy Reid's confidence "dog shit"

I mean, other than sitting on the couch eating doritos and drinking fruit seltzer every sunday

1 hour ago, mex said:

no offense, but how is it you know more about player evaluation than bienemy/heck?  

so... where did you play D1 college football... what round did you get selected? how many offensive lines have you called assignments out at center?

please detail the credentials you've received, that allow you to call a player who has earned super bowl champion Andy Reid's confidence "dog shit"

I mean, other than sitting on the couch eating doritos and drinking fruit seltzer every sunday

Ah yes the old fans can't have an opinion and coaches never play favorites, or guys who shouldn't argument. 

Good one.  Adam Gase anyone. ....

Remember that time we went back to Grbac instead of sticking with Gannon. Must have been an arm chair fan idea the coach went with. No way do they make wrong decisions

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Continuity. Reid values it almost too much at times.  Also I've read Mahomes has a lot of trust in Reiter. 

I get that. Especially with the offensive line.  But like you said,  it might be too the detriment on this one. 

47 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Ah yes the old fans can't have an opinion and coaches never play favorites, or guys who shouldn't argument. 

Remember that time we went back to Grbac instead of sticking with Gannon. Must have been an arm chair fan idea the coach went with. No way do they make wrong decisions

I can't speak for mex, but I think he's just looking at things as realistically as possible,  I'm certainly trying to. One could argue that the Oline wasn't that great last season also,  but they managed to put it together well enough for the SB run. 

You're welcome to your opinion, just have to realize not everyone will agree with it or look at things the same way. Trust me, I'd love nothing more than for Allegretti & Rankin to get inserted into the lineup, and dominate the rest of the season.

The Grbac/Gannon argument I understand.  

1 hour ago, mex said:

Well there are also sites that grade and many others that call out the line play etc. Really you can, as a fan, see the shitty line play.  Also seeing 4 defensive players getting pressure without blitzing, announcers pointing out the pressures etc.  

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

you can have an opinion without calling an individual player you've likely never met dog shit

how about "man the OL is playing like shit"

or, "damn... Reiter has been playing horrible lately"

it's a fan's God-given right to gripe about their team... not trying to take that away from you...

but dude... 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

So Greg Robinson won't be mentioned in the same breath with Buddy Ryan or Dick LeBeau? Is that what you're saying?

so, it's all on the coach... is that what you're saying?

In all the years he's been coaching, Andy never won a super bowl

is that because he's a bad coach?

or is it because he never had the tools to get it done until Patrick et al

a coach's success is more often than not a product of their players... greg robinson may or may not have been a good coach but in 2003 he had very few tools on his belt... maybe because they invested too much into the offense, hence my original post 

57 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well there are also sites that grade and many others that call out the line play etc. Really you can, as a fan, see the shitty line play.  Also seeing 4 defensive players getting pressure without blitzing, announcers pointing out the pressures etc.  

pff has reiter as the highest graded pass blocker among kc lineman (over 80 grade, which is good)  The guys that do kc breakdowns for the most part say he's not the problem.  

Just an FYI.  If the guy is dogshit I'm not seeing it.  Are you maybe going off last year?

24 minutes ago, xen said:

pff has reiter as the highest graded pass blocker among kc lineman (over 80 grade, which is good)  The guys that do kc breakdowns for the most part say he's not the problem.  

Just an FYI.  If the guy is dogshit I'm not seeing it.  Are you maybe going off last year?

How is his run grade? A lot of the pass grade is inflated because of Mahomes and what he can do when it all breaks down. I know it would not be that high if Smith was still back there.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I can't speak for mex, but I think he's just looking at things as realistically as possible,  I'm certainly trying to. One could argue that the Oline wasn't that great last season also,  but they managed to put it together well enough for the SB run. 

You're welcome to your opinion, just have to realize not everyone will agree with it or look at things the same way. Trust me, I'd love nothing more than for Allegretti & Rankin to get inserted into the lineup, and dominate the rest of the season.

The Grbac/Gannon argument I understand.  

I'm good with other opinions.  Mex came at me with the arm chair QB  B.S. which I don't understand since we are on a FAN message board. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

you can have an opinion without calling an individual player you've likely never met dog shit

how about "man the OL is playing like shit"

or, "damn... Reiter has been playing horrible lately"

it's a fan's God-given right to gripe about their team... not trying to take that away from you...

but dude... 

So you personally got offended because of my critic on Reiter? 

58 minutes ago, xen said:

You have to keep in mind Reiter doesn't have a defender on him a majority of the time.  Making his pass grade a little skewed. 

He gets absolutely no push in the run game. None.  He is a huge part of our goal to go offense.  

And Wylie isn't far behind him either.