Steelers

DefensiveMan

Never thought the division would improve as much. I was expecting Bengals to suck with a rookie QB no surprises there and Browns to simply be Browns but looks like it's the division to watch and the Bengals will definitely get better in the second half of the season. 

If we get them in the playoffs,, I honestly think we match up really well with the Stillers now.  They have the highest blitz percentage in the league and rely on that to get pressure.  Ask Baltimore how well that works out against Mahomes.   Fyi baltimore just a tic below stillers in blitz percentage.  Tompa Bay is 3rd.

Add to that Big Ben is not mobile like he used to be, combined with a not great pressure percentage given up, I think our D can get to him.  

As well, they're not a great passing team so far.  Good but not great.

40 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

The Ravens just added Ngakoue to their Defense.. Glad we already took care of business with them

Would it have mattered? Pat would have been pressed more, ok, but Lamar still can't read a defense or play from behind.  

Pat finds a way. 

5 hours ago, Calichief said:

Tampas defense is better than Pitt. Tampa can get away with a four man rush like SF. Ben likes to have those four pick games once in a while still. Also, healthy or not, he doesn't have the arm anymore. Most of his this year is the WR doing work..

Yeah I think Tampa's D is better as well.

• 2 weeks later...

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Ravens needs to figure some stuff out on offense.  That passing game is putrid.

Yet he got the league MVP last year.  He got that award based on hype.  Yes, he had pretty good numbers, but it was painfully obvious he wasn't a top tier QB, as he couldn't read a defense, and without the running game creating play action, he was very decidedly average.  There are probably 10 NFL QBs that I'd trust over him in the 4th quarter of a playoff game playing from behind.  He's a freak athlete, and I think people become enamored with that and forget the depth of the quarterback position.  In my mind, at this point, he's still a superior athlete playing QB, not a superior QB. 

14 hours ago, moons314 said:

Yet he got the league MVP last year.  He got that award based on hype.  Yes, he had pretty good numbers, but it was painfully obvious he wasn't a top tier QB, as he couldn't read a defense, and without the running game creating play action, he was very decidedly average.  There are probably 10 NFL QBs that I'd trust over him in the 4th quarter of a playoff game playing from behind.  He's a freak athlete, and I think people become enamored with that and forget the depth of the quarterback position.  In my mind, at this point, he's still a superior athlete playing QB, not a superior QB. 

I'm sure that front office hopes they win a Super Bowl before they have to give LJ $50M a year.  At that point that team will sink

On 11/1/2020 at 10:41 PM, moons314 said:

HYPE?

Only the second Unanimous MVP in league history as voted by Sportswriters, Journalists and Analysts. 50 people bought into the hype? LOL

In your bias, you are so oblivious to what actually happened and wrote a post that shows zero insoght into his game. And you write it a year removed after 7 games of the next season, arm chair QBing it while using revisionist history.

You thoughts were shortsighted, weak and inexcusably wrong.

15 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Ha- you don't know sh*t

The word you're looking for is "shit".

Honestly though, you're looking at an extension this offseason I'm sure.  How team friendly you think LJ will be?  Looks like you got 2 years of team friendly contract with the option year but I can't see Baltimore doing the long term Mahomesian contract so that means a tight cap after that.

On 11/4/2020 at 5:41 PM, xen said:

Honestly though, you're looking at an extension this offseason I'm sure.  How team friendly you think LJ will be?  Looks like you got 2 years of team friendly contract with the option year but I can't see Baltimore doing the long term Mahomesian contract so that means a tight cap after that.

Hopefully a long term deal with a lot of guarantees and as the MVP LJ should be getting the highest contract in the NFL. 

On 11/4/2020 at 9:41 AM, xen said:

Well, Dead Money alone will give the team back about $15 mill- add another 10 million in 2021 after Earl Thomas finally goes bye bye (strange no one has signed him?)

LJ is up after 2021 so if the resign him during this offseason I would expect it to be cash loaded up front with the crazy roster bonuses like Mahomes but for only 6 years, not 10. $20 mill roster bonuses with a $5mill guaranteed salary- after a $30 mill signing bonus with $80 mill guaranteed total of $180 million.

But looking through the Cap numbers of some of the starting Qb's for 2021 makes you sick; Goff, Wentz, Cousins, garrapolo= all make over $25 mill per year and all suck.

4 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Well, Dead Money alone will give the team back about $15 mill- add another 10 million in 2021 after Earl Thomas finally goes bye bye (strange no one has signed him?)

LJ is up after 2021 so if the resign him during this offseason I would expect it to be cash loaded up front with the crazy roster bonuses like Mahomes but for only 6 years, not 10. $20 mill roster bonuses with a $5mill guaranteed salary- after a $30 mill signing bonus with $80 mill guaranteed total of $180 million.

But looking through the Cap numbers of some of the starting Qb's for 2021 makes you sick; Goff, Wentz, Cousins, garrapolo= all make over $25 mill per year and all suck.

You can't backload a contract like Mahomes' without the extra years so heavy cash up front makes sense.  

Thats not a lot guaranteed though.  Lamar like Pat will feel pressure from other QBs to push the contract envelope, the question is in which direction.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

You can't backload a contract like Mahomes' without the extra years so heavy cash up front makes sense.  

Thats not a lot guaranteed though.  Lamar like Pat will feel pressure from other QBs to push the contract envelope, the question is in which direction.

Okay so maybe $120 mill is guaranteed; either way so I expect he will be friendly since every other team passed on him (we did to but moved back into the 1st rd to draft him 32 overall).

He has a chip, but he also knows he promised a SB to Baltimore; look at what they did for him- totally changed their offense in midstream in '18, revamped everything for him 2019 and added more pieces in 2020. I know he will be successfull; he's just got to stop doing too much.