Offensive line

Not sure how OC will end up, as seen today we need Mahomes to have some snap practices with the OC rotation. However Allegretti definitely looked as good as anyone we had at the line so hopefully he starts somewhere unless we see a reason for him not to. 

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm willing to bet that Remmers moves back to swing lineman and they keep Allegretti and Kilgore in.  Why wouldn't you.  They both earned another shot at starting.

I hope but Reid has said in the past he doesn’t like promoting due to injury.  I wonder how Allegretti does in practice because he was clearly our best lineman yesterday.  Could be the type that hates practice and has low motivation but come game time kicks it in 

10 minutes ago, Balto said:

I hope but Reid has said in the past he doesn’t like promoting due to injury.  I wonder how Allegretti does in practice because he was clearly our best lineman yesterday.  Could be the type that hates practice and has low motivation but come game time kicks it in 

Well all I know is that the oline played lights out last night. Dont fix if it ain't broke, right?

I would like to see those guys work against an actual good NFL defensive line, especially in a pass heavy game.  Protection was good last night considering the circumstances though.  We'll see how they do moving forward. 

Allegretti looks capable.  Kilgore I'm not sure about but so far good find by Veach considering he was considered almost an afterthought signing late in camp.

10 hours ago, Palangi said:

I really hope we don't go back to Reiter and Remmers at LG next week.  

I'm still interested in see what Allegretti could be a the center too. 

Why would you move Kilgore??? He was an absolute beast at center.. Thats what we've been missing for many many years. Even Rodney Hudson didn't move people like that...

I never want to see Reiter on the field again.

14 minutes ago, xen said:

I would like to see those guys work against an actual good NFL defensive line, especially in a pass heavy game.  Protection was good last night considering the circumstances though.  We'll see how they do moving forward. 

Allegretti looks capable.  Kilgore I'm not sure about but so far good find by Veach considering he was considered almost an afterthought signing late in camp.

That guy was a stud last night regardless of the dline. Seth Keysor has a great article out already. FYI

One has to wonder if Shwartz's play this year has been affected by his back all along.  Maybe like Clark last season, he's been trying to play through a nagging injury and will return to better form if it goes away.  Either way, I hope Allegretti gets more starts to see what he can do.  He looked great Monday.

39 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

Is Quinton Spain any good? He was released by the Bills

Decent player.  I doubt we'll be in the running.  He just signed 7 months ago and is youngish with experience.  He likely will want to make up that income and lots of teams need OL help and can offer him more.  Seems too young to sign a "get me a ring" contract.

7 hours ago, xen said:

Decent player.  I doubt we'll be in the running.  He just signed 7 months ago and is youngish with experience.  He likely will want to make up that income and lots of teams need OL help and can offer him more.  Seems too young to sign a "get me a ring" contract.

What about a slots in immediately at RG and wins a SB, THEN hits FA type of deal?

Bills released LG Quinton Spain.

This comes as a surprise after Buffalo gave Spain a three-year extension in the offseason. Spain has missed two of the last three games with a foot injury. The Bills are moving forward with Brian Winters and Cody Ford as their starting guards. Releasing Spain has a $3.5 million dead cap hit but saves Buffalo $1.25 million this year. 

Oct 21, 2020, 12:42 PM ET
  •  

26 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Doesnt belong on an NFL roster? Thanks for your insight and now I understand. I guess KC should fire Veach for not knowing this.

I am really tired of your responses. I wish you would learn what sarcasm is. Every time I say anything disparaging about anyone on our team you act like you are offended, as if I insulted a relative of yours. 

For one, you haven't been here long enough to know that I am a huge Veach fan, and was one of his louder supporters when there were threads here about what kind of job he was doing overall.

Secondly,  go to the thread where it says "new members , introduce yourselves". You will find that I have actual blood ties to this team. My Grandmother, father and uncles relied on this team for food to be put on the table. I am not some bandwagon fan, so you don't need to put your dumb emojis on all my posts. We spread some of my fathers ashes at Arrowhead. I assure you I love this team with all my heart. This doesn't make me a better fan than anyone. But maybe it can put things into perspective for you.

Third, this may come as a surprise to you, but teams win Superbowls with shitty players on their roster. Not everyone in our lineup is a pro bowler. Its ok to be unhappy with a guy who consistently puts our franchise QB in a position to be hit. 

You are not the only one here rubbed the wrong way by my negativity or sarcasm. You are, however, the only one who seems to be bothered by every post I make. I am a pessimist by nature. Im sorry that bothers you. I still think we are the best team in the league and going to repeat as Champs.