10 games left. Update your Chiefs record predictions

Tampa feels like a loss right now, then maybe something else random?  Worth noting that our last three losses with Mahomes were all games where we choked away a lead when weird stuff started happening (calls, turnovers, special teams miscues, etc.).

I'd be shocked if we ran the table from here, and I'd also be shocked (barring injury) if we were worse than 12-4.  So I guess I'll split the difference between 12-4 and 14-2 and go with the cursed 13-3 again.

TPA, N.O., and one other loss seems about as low as the Chiefs should go.  Could do better.  Depends on injuries and whether Sneed and Gay contribute in the second half.  I'm not sure 13-3 will win home field.  PIT, BAL, and TENN are threats although they play each other.  Current guess is 13-3 and the #2 seed in the AFC.

5 minutes ago, mex said:

at TB will be tough... at Miami, at NO, at CAR

don't think we lose another division game, but we could

one division game, and 2 of the above 4

12-4 

no bye

and for the love of God don't go 13-3

Panthers game is in KC, not sure how much HFA matters this year anyway.

NO doesn't scare me.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

Panthers game is in KC, not sure how much HFA matters this year anyway.

NO doesn't scare me.

good point on HFA... old habits die hard

I'm hoping for 14-2 but that might be too much to ask

since I am dead set opposed to 13-3... I'll go with 12-4... seems we did ok with that in the recent past

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Matter a lot if you want the only bye for the first week of post season.

I mean HFA for individual games in the regular season, like whether or not we're playing the Panthers here or not - don't know how much that matters this year with the low crowds and everything.  Not whether or not we should chase the #1 seed.  We still want that bye, I agree.

Record depends on how focused we stay.  There's not a team in the league that we can't beat or wouldn't be favored over.  That said, it's a long season and I don't expect we'll be super focused for every game.  Every team brings their A game against us, or at least tries to.

Btw, the early line on the KC - Jets game in 2 weeks was KC by 3 TDs.  lol thats just ridiculous.

We went 12-4 in 2016 with Alex Smith.

We went 12-4 in 2018 with an utterly trash defense.

We went 12-4 in 2019 with Patrick hobbled for two losses, out for a third, and just coming back for the fourth (in addition to a lot of other fluky things not going our way).

I just think 12-4 is our absolute floor with this team as long as we're healthy.  Especially considering we've already banked a 5-1 record in what was supposed to be the toughest part of our schedule, even if the loss didn't come in the most likely game.

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

sticking with 11-5. Raiders will melt down and the division will be locked up. Chiefs will have a couple of losses due to focus like Xen said.. Tampa, San Diego, and maybe one other...

11-5  or 12-4 

Chiefs' biggest battle is with themselves this year.  When we're on it and playing up to our potential I don't think we can be beat.  If we don't bring it we still have a good chance of winning because Mahomes.  If we barely show up and bring no energy we can lose by about one score ala the raiders game.

7 hours ago, Calichief said:

sticking with 11-5. Raiders will melt down and the division will be locked up. Chiefs will have a couple of losses due to focus like Xen said.. Tampa, San Diego, and maybe one other...

11-5  or 12-4 

So you see KC 6-4 down the stretch? This team always plays strong in Dec. I dont see it. 4 more loses? Chiefs have too much depth and continue to rest injured guys to be sure they can be ready for the stretch run & playoffs. Players are able to take less snaps each game as a result of depth at almost every position. Not too many of the teams KC faces are in that position.