The Titans are FRAUDS

Steelers are for real and the Titans have been hit the hardest by COVID. Not that I think the Titans are a match for us or anything but they sure can hurt most others at full strength. Steelers are the team to beat for the AFC so far. Titans are playing like they could make a decent comeback. 

The Steelers beat four bad teams (Giants, Broncos, Texans, and Eagles) by no more than 10 points each before slaughtering Cleveland last week.  This is an impressive showing so far, but we have better wins (Ravens and Bills).  I certainly would not say they are the "team to beat in the AFC" - records aside, that's still KC.

I don't assume that we'll go 15-1, but I don't think we know what the tiebreaker scenarios going to look like since we don't play either of those teams.  Likely conference and common opponents records.

Common opponents w/ Steelers:  Broncos, Bills, Ravens, Texans

Common opponents w/ Titans:  Broncos, Bills, Ravens, Texans

We have the one conference loss, the loser today will have one and it's hard to imagine either one will go undefeated in the AFC the rest of the way.  So a lot is still up in the air.

2 hours ago, mex said:

tannehill screwed the pooch

that grounding call cost 8 yards and  two plays 

I didn’t see the play, if he had been sacked where would he have been? In other words, the next play was second and 20. Would it have been second and 20 if he had been sacked? Obviously, you would like a throw towards a receiver so you can just play second and 10, but I always hear people say that “it cost them two downs” but it only cost them 10 yards because the down is lost with a sack, incompletion, or grounding.

If he threw it away, it would’ve been second down. If he had been sacked, it would’ve been second down. It is the yards that count. (Obviously, the worst would be trying to throw it away and getting intercepted. Of course, the job is to throw it safely towards a receiver if the designed reads or scramble don’t lead to a positive play.)