donk game

Posted for the bit at the end.  Would be easy for players to coast this week.  Tbh they'd probably be fine.  

"And make sure you come in prepared this next week.  I don't give a fuck who we playing.  We go out there and dominate."

- Snow Game Guy

KC 3 TD faves over jets

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Great win. One thing I noticed about the Donk game is that Buffalo has a weak D Line. I was pretty hyped about the O Line combo last week

I think Andy went full vanilla on offense after we scored the ST and Dirty Dan TDs.  You never go full vanilla.

6 hours ago, xen said:

I think Andy went full vanilla on offense after we scored the ST and Dirty Dan TDs.  You never go full vanilla.

Does going vanilla mean 0-8 on third downs?  The O had another off day.  The game was never in real danger, but the Bell integration has a lot of work to be done. 

I don't know if it's concerning or comforting that we have another get that we seem to be able to get to when the chips are REALLY down or when we know that we're facing a REALLY tough team.  Over the last 16 games it only failed us against the Raiders.

The comforting part is that we have that gear and we usually get there.  The concerning part is that we too often wait for the chips to be down before we go nuclear.

21 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I don't know if it's concerning or comforting that we have another get that we seem to be able to get to when the chips are REALLY down or when we know that we're facing a REALLY tough team.  Over the last 16 games it only failed us against the Raiders.

The comforting part is that we have that gear and we usually get there.  The concerning part is that we too often wait for the chips to be down before we go nuclear.

The more I think about the Raiders game the more I realize Carr has a career day and they barely beat us.    TB worked them over good because Carr couldn’t go deep.   Speaking of TB, they were up 18 and still score late in the game.   Never take the foot off the pedal.   Andy doesn’t do that but I think our team would be better off by never slowing up.    Our offense gets to clicking and can’t be stopped but if one thing goes wrong it can affect us for a couple quarters.

18 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Carr had a career day.

Overall we got outcoached, one of the only times you can say that in the Reid-Spags era.

OL was bad.

But I'm still a burning ball of rage over the 13-21 points the refs took off the board from us.

That and really most of the damage from the raiders game came in 6 plays.  6 plays that went for 265 yards.  Gruden caught Spags playing some tendencies and we didn't adjust fast enough.  We learned from it though.  

Tell you what everyone should have learned by now.  Lots of people like to bitch about guys like Sammy and Dirty Dan but both of those guys do a lot of dirty work that tends to go unnoticed by fans.  Fans like the big catches and don't notice the clear outs Sammy runs to free other guys up or realize that teams respect him enough that those routes work.  

3 minutes ago, xen said:

That and really most of the damage from the raiders game came in 6 plays.  6 plays that went for 265 yards.  Gruden caught Spags playing some tendencies and we didn't adjust fast enough.  We learned from it though.  

Yeah but that's what I'm hitting on with Carr's career day and Spags getting outcoached.  I hope you're right that they learned.  I know they'll be motivated for the SNF game.

11 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Yeah but that's what I'm hitting on with Carr's career day and Spags getting outcoached.  I hope you're right that they learned.  I know they'll be motivated for the SNF game.

There's zero chance Spags spends a second in cover 0 again with Ruggs on the field.  Remember how the bills linebackers kept dropping at the snap and were always late to their fills because of it.  Thats kinda what we did that game only in reverse.  We were worried about the short game and all Carr wanted to do was drop bombs.

18 hours ago, xen said:

Tell you what everyone should have learned by now.  Lots of people like to bitch about guys like Sammy and Dirty Dan but both of those guys do a lot of dirty work that tends to go unnoticed by fans.  Fans like the big catches and don't notice the clear outs Sammy runs to free other guys up or realize that teams respect him enough that those routes work.  

Yea, yea I'd have to agree with you......For this season.

However, last season before the playoffs?? I wanted to take Nieman, Sorrenson, and Hitchens and tie them all together and have Cam Irving drive them all out of town!

I'm coming around on Dirty Dan but Hammy Watkins?? Maybe..

I think that Sorensen is one of those players who gets better with experience. He's not an eye-popping physical talent but he makes up for it in grit and determination. Those kinds of guys learn how to make up for lack of speed and quickness with the mental game and being in the right position to make plays. I think he is improving in that area and if he gets there, he hits like a truck. Nieman could develop into a similar player but right now he is out of position ALOT! I presume Andy likes those gritty kind of players because they bring a toughness to your team. That being said, Neiman should not take playing time away from Gay, ever.