reesebobby

You certainly hit the three areas of need although there might be a reason to replace Watkins and/or Breeland.  Losing Rankin, LDT, Schwartz, Niang, and Osemele is just too much for one position group but they need to get a replacement starter at OT and that should come on the first or second day at worst.  LB is the biggest need if the current line players recover and can play next season.  Second TE is an obvious need.  I'm not a pure BPA kind of fan, but the first three picks should be in those five areas.  QB, D-line, Safety seem pretty well stocked when healthy.  Do the Chiefs get comp picks for any of the players they lost such as Ragland, Wiz, or Fuller?  

I don’t see a lot of Guards left on the board when we pick.  Not with round 1 value anyway.  Maybe Davis (Ohio St).

I like Hill (Georgia) at center and Brown (Bama) at guard in the second.  They may not be there at our pick, though.

ILB Moses (Bama) could be there late in round 1, since he tore his ACL.  He was a top 20 pick otherwise.

3 hours ago, xen said:

might be some tackles you could convert in that range.  

LB Nick Bolton might be in that range but thats probably dependent on how he tests.   He's a beast.

Too soon to tell

You think Bolton could go that high?

What about the Notre Dame kid?

1 minute ago, SEMO said:

You think Bolton could go that high?

What about the Notre Dame kid?

Bolton with great testing could sneak into the tail of the first.  I just don't think he'll test that well.  Day 2 more likely.

Owusu I don't see being a priority for us.  He doesn't have the size Spags likes.  Really light in the pants plus would have to play Will in our system and Gay is headed to that spot next year.  

Maybe I guess if we wanted a hybrid S/LB type.  Plus I think he'll be gone before we pick.  

3 hours ago, xen said:

Bolton with great testing could sneak into the tail of the first.  I just don't think he'll test that well.  Day 2 more likely.

Owusu I don't see being a priority for us.  He doesn't have the size Spags likes.  Really light in the pants plus would have to play Will in our system and Gay is headed to that spot next year.  

Maybe I guess if we wanted a hybrid S/LB type.  Plus I think he'll be gone before we pick.  

I like Moses if his knee is good.  Bama linebackers are tricky though.  Saban runs them into the ground.

Parsons is good.  Probably out of reach.  

Guard and linebacker are not something Reid and company seem to value in round one anyway.  

39 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I like Moses if his knee is good.  Bama linebackers are tricky though.  Saban runs them into the ground.

Guard and linebacker are not something Reid and company seem to value in round one anyway.  

Yeah andy does not out a premium on those positions.  And he's probably right.

Interesting that he seems more open now to less athletic but more powerful interior linemen.  He's started mixing in some gap runs with the zone.  I wonder if we'll keep heading in that direction.  

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Would the Chiefs draft a LB that has to stretch to make 6"0" early in the draft?   Like his motor, but not sure he fits the Spags mold. 

Yeah I don't think he has the size Spags covets either.  Really like him as a player though.

14 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah I don't think he has the size Spags covets either.  Really like him as a player though.

If he is built like a bowling ball then why not? Just have to see how he does in combine. If he can cover then all you need is the big thumper LB Gay and this guy will cover and can tackle.

32 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If he is built like a bowling ball then why not? Just have to see how he does in combine. If he can cover then all you need is the big thumper LB Gay and this guy will cover and can tackle.

Traditionally, Spags likes his linebackers on the bigger side.  Don't see that changing much but who knows.  Schemes evolve.

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I think we'll go BPA. I like Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina. He's 6'4" tall and compares to Richard Sherman and Chris McCallister. I think we will let Ward walk in free agency because he will cost too much money. 

Mukuamu vs. UGA

Well Ward is RFA. I bet we put a 2nd round tender or even 3rd on him.

Zaven Collins.   This guys playing his way up the draft board.  I think he's already in round 2 with a chance to climb.  Built like a 34 ILB, moves like a Will.  Kid is 6'4" 260.  HS QB and safety.  Watch the movement knowing his size.  Keep in mind all this is from 3 games this year.

On 10/26/2020 at 8:33 PM, SEMO said:

I think there have to be legitimate questions about Moses' knee at this point.  I don't think he is moving the same.  Still plenty of time but right now it's a legit question.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 12:52 PM, SEMO said:

I don’t see a lot of Guards left on the board when we pick.  Not with round 1 value anyway.  Maybe Davis (Ohio St).

I like Hill (Georgia) at center and Brown (Bama) at guard in the second.  They may not be there at our pick, though.

ILB Moses (Bama) could be there late in round 1, since he tore his ACL.  He was a top 20 pick otherwise.

Again? Same knee?

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Again? Same knee?

He means last year.  He doesn't have the same movement skills since he came back hence he'll likely drop.  That said it's his first year back, he could be fine if he checks out medically.  I agree with seems though, I think he drops.  Not sure how far.  Would have been a top 20 guy for sure otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Its gotta be pressure on the qb now. I have shifted off of OL. Seems to always gel at some point and its starting again. 

We need pass rush. We have good corners but the lack of pass rush is hanging them out. 

This.  Our entire defense is predicated on pressure but the 3rd and 4th guys aren't stepping up so far.  

Teams are shifting the protection, doubling Jones, chipping Clark and getting good results.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 11:10 AM, xen said:

This.  Our entire defense is predicated on pressure but the 3rd and 4th guys aren't stepping up so far.  

Teams are shifting the protection, doubling Jones, chipping Clark and getting good results.  

Yep. DE is paramount. I won't be upset with LB, IOL, even WR. But this defense is really getting exposed without being able to get pressure with just the front 4. Spags has to blitz to get consistent pressure, and when they don't get home, we are toast.