Jets vs Chiefs Game Day thread

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

There's literally no team that can't run on us. Hopefully we won't allow any TDs but it's annoying to see our defense's lack of tackling over and over. 

I'd hope they would have improved, but I agree. 

Couple of thoughts on D.  Kpass and Ward have regressed.  Nieman adjusts at the line which gives Darnold a huge lane to complete that 4th down pass.   Cannot wait for him to no longer be on this team.   Surely Veach could find someone off the street better than him.   Sure it takes time to learn the system but if signed now by playoffs we would upgrade a below replacement level player who is seeing significant snaps on D.    Finally, we are actually holding them under 4 yards a carry.  We are getting pressure on Darnold but he's standing in the pocket and hitting backup quality wr's.  Pretty lackluster effort overall though as we can't get off the field.  

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Couple of thoughts on D.  Kpass and Ward have regressed.  Nieman adjusts at the line which gives Darnold a huge lane to complete that 4th down pass.   Cannot wait for him to no longer be on this team.   Surely Veach could find someone off the street better than him.   Sure it takes time to learn the system but if signed now by playoffs we would upgrade a below replacement level player who is seeing significant snaps on D.    Finally, we are actually holding them under 4 yards a carry.  We are getting pressure on Darnold but he's standing in the pocket and hitting backup quality wr's.  Pretty lackluster effort overall though as we can't get off the field.  

Let Darius Harris try.  What's it going to hurt? Allegretti was finally given a shot and has looked good.  Why wasn't he given a shot over Wylie or Reiter earlier? 

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I think we missed out when we didn't bring Ogbah back for 2/15.   He's looking good in Miami this year. 5 sacks already this year.    Kpass has regressed or has plateaued.  

I agree. Wish we would've kept ogbah

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

Let Darius Harris try.  What's it going to hurt? Allegretti was finally given a shot and has looked good.  Why wasn't he given a shot over Wylie or Reiter earlier? 

I agree.   Nieman literally called the D to slid right and it opened the passing lane for Darnold.    It's like playing 11 v 10.  He helps the O more than the D.  I'm with you give Harris a shot.  

I think we missed out when we didn't bring Ogbah back for 2/15.   He's looking good in Miami this year. 5 sacks already this year.    Kpass has regressed or has plateaued.  

Agreed, I liked Ogbah.

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

No. Contract year. No room on this teams cap next year.

Contract year?   Its his 2nd year.   We'd have 3 years of club control with the last being a 5th year option.   I'd totally do it.    Unless I misunderstood you.  

Contract year?   Its his 2nd year.   We'd have 3 years of club control with the last being a 5th year option.   I'd totally do it.   

Good to know. Then yes I would do that deal. Doubt a #2 will do it cause with KC its like a #3.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Good to know. Then yes I would do that deal. Doubt a #2 will do it cause with KC its like a #3.

Totally agree.  Not sure I'd be willing to give up a 1st even though it would be good value.   Unless your thoughts were hoping he'd dominate allowing us to trade Chris Jones and gets some picks and out from taht contract after 2021.  We need another wr, lb, and OL.