Mahomes warming up for an MVP run?

Patrick is finally having the statistical explosion we've been waiting on for a while.  He's near the top of the league in every meaningful category of volume and efficiency.  Between that and team success I think he's the MVP leader right now.  Russ is turning it over and losing games.  Mahomes > Rodgers too.

This is Mahomes' team in all honesty. He makes up for a bad team effort all around honestly. Coaching, players, etc. This would have been a big L during the Alex Smith years. As much as Matthieu and others wanna say we're not the "little brother" they will be bc Chiefs score too quick and opponents will take multiple risks too keep up. 

What's even more impressive about this is that Patrick's ONLY interception this year was a desperation heave.  He also had two of those in the 2018 Rams game.

As a matter of fact, I don't have the stats but I would bet he has one of the highest "depth of interception" averages in the league.  He doesn't throw interceptions in the flat or the middle of the field 10-15 yards downfield.  Most of his interceptions are basically punts.

The flip side is he does throw, according to PFF, quite a few dropped interceptions but at some point I have to wonder if that's a real thing and not just luck.  Like the way the ball or the defender are moving makes those dropped interceptions harder.

21 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Click on this tweet to read this thread if you want to go on a wild ride:

Wow that's a long read. I always thought Elway was similar to Aikman, winning SBs with the staff around him but stepping up in critical situations but he seems to have been a bit further away from the elite category. 

16 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

We're lucky and I will not take it for granted. We're average at best without him.

124580476_3630725780304273_2568167363221918399_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=8U2fIJljiDsAX-LXkci&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.fna&oh=0b254d82fee515e88852a14f83870347&oe=5FD0CB0D

Couple more games and he'll be at 1500 career attempts which is the minimum required for career all time passing records.  It's about to get stupid cause he's gonna be destroying some lists.

8 minutes ago, xen said:

Couple more games and he'll be at 1500 career attempts which is the minimum required for career all time passing records.  It's about to get stupid cause he's gonna be destroying some lists.

Lol..I'm just glad he's on OUR TEAM.

15 minutes ago, xen said:

Good point. He has 1428 now. He's averaged 302/game. Next closest Brees @ 281 

Wilson:  6-2 record

2541 Yards, 28 TDs, 8 INTs, 71% COMP, 317.6 Yards per game

265 Rushing yards, 1 rushing TD

82 ESPN QBR, 117.1 QBR

Remaining Schedule:  Passing D

Rams:  2nd 

Cards:  20th 

Eagles:  4th 

Giants:  25th 

Jets:  29th

Skins:  1st 

49ers:  9th

Mahomes:  8-1 record

2687 Yards, 25 TDs, 1 INT, 66.9% COMP, 298.6 Yards per game

165 Rushing yards, 2 rushing TDs

87 ESPN QBR, 115.9 QBR

BYE

Raider:  26th 

Bucs:  14th 

Donkeys:  17th 

Phins:  21st 

Saints:  12th 

Falcons:  31st 

Chargers:  16th

I still think Wilson would win if voting was today.  With our bye this week and Wilson facing the Rams 2nd overall Passing D it might put them much closer.  I'd say Pat has a much easier schedule when it comes to Passing D's and I think our overall record and his low INTs will win him his second MVP by year end!

42 minutes ago, artsy said:

Lol..I'm just glad he's on OUR TEAM.

Me too.  The Chiefs went from an aging Dawson to a not quite there Smith without hope that the QB could bring back the team from a deficit based on the QB talent, leadership, and will power.  It's great to be on the winning side for once. 

7 minutes ago, Balto said:

Wilson:  6-2 record

2541 Yards, 28 TDs, 8 INTs, 71% COMP, 317.6 Yards per game

265 Rushing yards, 1 rushing TD

82 ESPN QBR, 117.1 QBR

Cards:  20th 

Eagles:  4th 

Giants:  25th 

Jets:  29th

Skins:  1st 

49ers:  9th

Mahomes:  8-1 record

2687 Yards, 25 TDs, 1 INT, 66.9% COMP, 298.6 Yards per game

165 Rushing yards, 2 rushing TDs

87 ESPN QBR, 115.9 QBR

BYE

Raider:  26th 

Bucs:  14th 

Donkeys:  17th 

Phins:  21st 

Saints:  12th 

Falcons:  31st 

Chargers:  16th

I still think Wilson would win if voting was today.  With our bye this week and Wilson facing the Rams 2nd overall Passing D it might put them much closer.  I'd say Pat has a much easier schedule when it comes to Passing D's and I think our overall record and his low INTs will win him his second MVP by year end!

If the voting was literally today I think the game results from yesterday would swing it to Patrick.  KC won because Patrick was near perfect, while Russ had 4 TOs.