Mahomes warming up for an MVP run?

6 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

What's even more impressive about this is that Patrick's ONLY interception this year was a desperation heave.  He also had two of those in the 2018 Rams game.

As a matter of fact, I don't have the stats but I would bet he has one of the highest "depth of interception" averages in the league.  He doesn't throw interceptions in the flat or the middle of the field 10-15 yards downfield.  Most of his interceptions are basically punts.

The flip side is he does throw, according to PFF, quite a few dropped interceptions but at some point I have to wonder if that's a real thing and not just luck.  Like the way the ball or the defender are moving makes those dropped interceptions harder.

He has gotten away with 6-7 this year with 2-3 being sure-fire int that just inexcusably got dropped.  But that happens to every qb and time will tell if it was a fluke.  I believe he will end with 3-4.   Wilson has the advantage of having a bad D which forces him to pass and produce.  Mahomes has had the benefit of not forcing throws that he can make but are more risky and still he's within a game or two of striking.   If we can give him a modicum of time vs the Raiders he will light them up as well.    

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Some of these records and "firsts' seem a little contrived.  

Patrick Mahomes is the first QB that drives a silver Ferarri and threw for 372 yards after having pancakes for breakfast on the day of the last game before a bye week while playing a team from North Carolina.  

lol sure but wait a few weeks.  Once he hits thw required 1500 attempts for career records he will be at or near the top in nearly every metric.

24 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Some of these records and "firsts' seem a little contrived.  

Patrick Mahomes is the first QB that drives a silver Ferarri and threw for 372 yards after having pancakes for breakfast on the day of the last game before a bye week while playing a team from North Carolina.  

Btw if you liked the first one we can extend it by 20 yards...

1 minute ago, Balto said:

Should just give him another half Billion to keep him happy!

Wonder what his favorite BBQ place is in KC and what he likes?

He has to be a Burnt ends kinda guy right?  I'm right

If he puts ketchup on burnt ends, I'll lose all respect for him no matter how many TDs he throws. 

18 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

He passed aaron rodgers for the fewest games (100) to have a thousand bad commercials. 

Kind of hard when they're in so many together.

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If he puts ketchup on burnt ends, I'll lose all respect for him no matter how many TDs he throws. 

I don't agree with his ketchup usage but it's a pretty good joke in the recent State Farm commercial.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Fyi most touchdowns thrown before throwing a 2nd interception is 26 by Drew Brees.

Mahomes at 25 currently.

Also passed Steve Deberg on all time chiefs career passing list yesterday lol

We forgot to celebrate when he passed such luminaries as Cassel and Grbac earlier in the year.

Just now, Adamixoye said:

It's amazing and a testament to our poor QB history how high some of those guys are.

Huard is 14th

Mark Bradley is 45th

63-65 are Matt Blundin, Marcus Allen, and Tommy Townsend

tommy townsend has a higher qb rating than Patrick :lol: 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Has he passed Palko or Huard yet?

LOL!  He passed them his first year starting. 

He may pass Alex Smith if he remains on the same pace by the end of next season. That would put him third all time.

On 11/9/2020 at 3:11 PM, xen said:

Fyi most touchdowns thrown before throwing a 2nd interception is 26 by Drew Brees.

Mahomes at 25 currently.

Also passed Steve Deberg on all time chiefs career passing list yesterday lol

Sometimes, I don’t know where people get their stats. Look at this:

OFFENSIVE MVP

1. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers. No QB is doing more with less. It isn’t even close. NFL.com says he’s only the second QB after Tom Brady in ’07 with 24+ TDs and two INTs max at this point.”

Mahomes has 25 and 1. So how could Rodgers only be the second to Brady? I presume Brees was 26/2. Maybe it wasn’t “at this point”?

https://www.thecragandcanyon.ca/sports/football/nfl/nfls-mvps-at-the-midway-on-the-field-and-off/wcm/7abc04c4-e493-4e6a-a18f-7acff5a9c366

Just if you are curious, here’s the rest:

1. “Patrick Mahomes, QB, Chiefs. After a couple of games where he was Fred Fidget in the pocket, the reigning Super Bowl MVP is back on track, his confidence in full flow. So good.
  2. Russell Wilson, QB, Seahawks. It’s unfair to expect the ninth-year passer to always shine when Seattle invariably falls behind because of a terrible defence. But lately he has been a bit frazzled.”

I think after Russell's performance today I think the MVP is Pat's to lose.    Murray had a MVP play today but his overall stats aren't quite there.    Sure Wilson, Murray and Rodgers are still in it but if Mahomes does Mahomes things he should win again.

I think they will start to create new stars so a player like Murray could win the MVP by doing less than Mahomes. Mayfield vs Mahomes was supposed to be the new rivalry and that failed, LJ is useless, Wilson is talented but not consistent as his salary has them relying way too much on youngsters.