Mahomes warming up for an MVP run?

39 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It was a miss by Mahomes, but yes, Hardman should have caught it.  Must have gone to the Dwayne Bowe school of catching open passes. 

Next up, stepping out of bounds so he doesn’t break his foot. (Bowe claimed that was why he didn’t get inbounds in the Colts game. Even if Smith could have thrown it more inside, that was his reason.)

15 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

11 games in the books.   3500 30 TD 2 int.       On pace for 5000  43-44 TD's 3 ints if you figure in his whole season.   But if you figure in his last 4 games he's on pace for 5450  47.5 TD's and 3 int.   His MVP to lose at this point.   Russell would have to get to 50 with hardly any more ints to have a chance.

Yep, an off year for him. ;)

I think the real question is, assuming health, how many does he win in his career?  I bet he wins 5+ and will probably deserve 10+ but he'll get too few out of voter boredom just like Michael Jordan and LeBron James probably should have won almost every year but voters frequently found a way to find someone else to give it to.

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Another amazing stat. Mahomes has played 42 Reg. season games. He's had 0 TD passes in only 3 of those games. All 3 were wins. And in 1 of those he had a rush TD.

And one of those games was his first start ever to end the 2017 regular season when they rested the starters. A game winning drive, IIRC.

He will demolish records if he stays healthy.   He could throw for 20 int's and 5 Td's down the stretch and probably still be ahead of everyone in history at the end of the year.  People are going to hate KC fans before its all said and done we are going to be unbearable and I'm here for it......all of it!      

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

He will demolish records if he stays healthy.   He could throw for 20 int's and 5 Td's down the stretch and probably still be ahead of everyone in history at the end of the year.  People are going to hate KC fans before its all said and done we are going to be unbearable and I'm here for it......all of it!      

It will be interesting to see how Mahomes does down the road when Kelce and Hill are past their peaks or retired.  Maybe a better O line with a run game will lower the passing/run ratio in the future.  At the same time, Mahomes can make future TEs and WRs look all pro, but Hill and Kelce are special talents and it's hard to imagine replacements With the same talent. 

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

It will be interesting to see how Mahomes does down the road when Kelce and Hill are past their peaks or retired.  Maybe a better O line with a run game will lower the passing/run ratio in the future.  At the same time, Mahomes can make future TEs and WRs look all pro, but Hill and Kelce are special talents and it's hard to imagine replacements With the same talent. 

That’s why I see Veach drafting skill players high in the draft for years to come.  Watching Rodgers career should be an example of what not to do.

2 hours ago, Balto said:

That’s why I see Veach drafting skill players high in the draft for years to come.  Watching Rodgers career should be an example of what not to do.

Hill and Kelce weren't high picks.  The last two WRs drafted in the first round by the Chiefs were Johnathon Baldwin and Dwayne Bowe.  TG was drafted in the first and was well worth it, but the draft is a crap shoot and the Chiefs don't need to use every first round pick on targets for Mahomes.  One top WR every four or five years is enough.  It's to early to draft the next #1 WR even if Watkins is gone

I think you have to draft a WR 3rd or later every year. How many shitty gadget receivers have we drafted the last 10 to 15 years until we finally struck gold with Hill?  Speed doesn't equate to hands, intelligence, and toughness unfortunately.  Plus its not like we have a great history of developing our own WR...Robinson is underwhelming, Wilson was average, and Pringle is still a question. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hill and Kelce weren't high picks.  The last two WRs drafted in the first round by the Chiefs were Johnathon Baldwin and Dwayne Bowe.  TG was drafted in the first and was well worth it, but the draft is a crap shoot and the Chiefs don't need to use every first round pick on targets for Mahomes.  One top WR every four or five years is enough.  It's to early to draft the next #1 WR even if Watkins is gone

I didn't say spend our 1st rounder EVERY year on a WR or TE.  I think Veach will target a skill player in the first 3 rounds until he hits and then holds off a few years.  

You can't compare Bowe and Baldwin or even TG as examples......MUCH DIFFERENT Front Office and basically only the name Chiefs is the same.

Oh and both Kelce and Hill had 1st round talent but Kelce was suspended for an entire college year and had health issues and well Hill did a few things to his pregnant girlified to drop his value.  

If anything you could say Veach/Reid have mostly had good results at drafting 1st round talent with major character and/or health issues.  Not counting Peters of course haha

We are gonna be down Watkins and probably Robinson this offseason so I think this coming draft would be the prefect time to look at a replacement.  

1st)  Patrick Mahomes:   3497 Passing Yards, 30 TDs, 2 INT, 209 Rushing Yards, 2 Rushing TDs, 86.2 QBR and  Team record 10-1

2nd)  Aaron Rodgers:       3100 Passing Yards, 33 TDs, 4 INTs, 90 Rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, 85.2 QBR and Team record 8-3

3rd)   Russell Wilson:       3216 Passing Yards, 31 TDs, 10 INTs, 379 Rushing Yards, 1 rushing TD, 75 QBR and Team record 8-3

4th)    Kyler Murray:          2814 Passing Yards, 19 TDs, 9 INTs, 650 Rushing Yards, 10 rushing TDs,  72.9 QBR and Team record 6-5

Might need start putting Brady and Derrick Henry on the list.  i still think it comes down to Pat and Aaron

Mahomes is now:

1st is Yards

tied for 2rd in Overall TDs

1st in INTs

1st in QBR

Best record out of the top MVP 

4 hours ago, Balto said:

We are gonna be down Watkins and probably Robinson this offseason so I think this coming draft would be the prefect time to look at a replacement.  

Don't be surprised if Watkins returns and Robinson is gone.  Watkins killed his value on the open market with the series of injuries plus he seems to really want to be in Kansas City.  What can he expect on the open market this winter unless he lights it up in the playoffs again.  Robinson is one player I've wanted the Chiefs to release for several years.  A few great plays and a lot more stupid drops or bad moves.  He can be replaced on day three of the draft with Pringle filling in until new guy gets up to speed.  Hill, Watkins, Hardman, Pringle is still a pretty good stable of receivers.  

17 hours ago, jetlord said:

Don't be surprised if Watkins returns and Robinson is gone.  Watkins killed his value on the open market with the series of injuries plus he seems to really want to be in Kansas City.  What can he expect on the open market this winter unless he lights it up in the playoffs again.  Robinson is one player I've wanted the Chiefs to release for several years.  A few great plays and a lot more stupid drops or bad moves.  He can be replaced on day three of the draft with Pringle filling in until new guy gets up to speed.  Hill, Watkins, Hardman, Pringle is still a pretty good stable of receivers.  

Veach wants to keep our strengths strong.  It's worked out so far.  We definitely need more WRs if Sammy and Robinson leave.  I'd say it moves to priority 2 after the pass rush.

WRs take too Iong to learn this system so might consider a vet and a rookie.  

Our dominance on offense is predicated on beating 3rd and 4th coverage guys if they double tyreek and kelce.  Have to have talent at the 3rd and 4th WR spots to do that.

If Sammy stays scratch all that.  I would say we can't afford him even at a reduced rate, but veach is a sorcerer so who the fuck knows.

Robinson coming back after last season was a huge surprise but if he finds his way back for another time it'll be a huge surprise for me. Pringle is a really tough guy that can get some nice yards after the catch and helps a lot in ST but Robinson doesn't seem to have anything going for him except for familiarity with the system but that shouldn't be enough to bring some guy back as something like the #5 WR. 

Watkins is all about the money. He shouldn't get any serious cash with all the injuries and as long as he makes a reasonable amount I think they'll try to bring him back. 

18 hours ago, jetlord said:

I'm willing to bet we allow him to test the market but he won't even make what he's making this year.  I think a 3/24 type deal could be worked out but at what point do you invest in the future because we need good production there without breaking the bank as many of these big contracts start hitting this offseason.   Losing Robinson who knows all the positions and blocks well puts us in a bind.  Pringle is a good #5 but he didn't do much in Watkins absence.   Might need to parlay both some of those comp picks this year and move up for a wr to develop.