Mahomes warming up for an MVP run?

Lets see. KC is 21-1. Historically great. So the oline is at least average. Mahomes is seldom sacked. I have seen plenty of times that he has had enough time for a cup of coffee and a donut before choosing wide open receivers. Ill take this group, PER ANDY REID. Thus the run it back focus. You do not go 21-1 with a horrible oline. KC online, even with back ups, is serviceable.

So MVP is not just about stats. Its not about PFF rankings. Its most valuable player. Its not about the talent around the player. Its about most valuable player in the NFL.Im not sure why QBS are the only ones in the conversation?  

Hey I think Kelce is the most valuable Chief this year. KC has proven they can beat good teams with the back up QB. Where would KC be without all his third down catches? I think Kelce leads the NFL in receiving yards. I say KELCE IS MVP

36 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Lets see. KC is 21-1. Historically great. So the oline is at least average. Mahomes is seldom sacked. I have seen plenty of times that he has had enough time for a cup of coffee and a donut before choosing wide open receivers. Ill take this group, PER ANDY REID. Thus the run it back focus. You do not go 21-1 with a horrible oline. KC online, even with back ups, is serviceable.

So MVP is not just about stats. Its not about PFF rankings. Its most valuable player. Its not about the talent around the player. Its about most valuable player in the NFL.Im not sure why QBS are the only ones in the conversation?  

Hey I think Kelce is the most valuable Chief this year. KC has proven they can beat good teams with the back up QB. Where would KC be without all his third down catches? I think Kelce leads the NFL in receiving yards. I say KELCE IS MVP

nope he and Metcalf had the same yrds  so TK is like 5 yrds behind him..hard to argue that TK should not be in the running tho

Statistically Mahomes is still leading the pack and he's the #1 fantasy player which could be somewhat of an indicator even if not a definitive thing. However Rodgers has a really solid vibe backing him lately, which he deserves, so it likely comes down to making fewer mistakes going forward. 

15 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Mahomes plays with this horrible line. Rodgers plays with a better one. Also Rodgers has had many years with multiple WR that were good before. Mahomes makes them better. We see how they did before Mahomes and how much better since. 

All of a sudden this line is horrible? Okay

14 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

All of a sudden this line is horrible? Okay

Really it has been. Lost 3 of 5 starting players from our SB line up. 3 of them are 6th round or later type guys on the line. 2 of them should be at best depth in Wylie and Reiter. I mean if we had say Alex Smith back there this line would be at or near the top of sacks given up. This line is horrendous and needs to really be looked at in the draft or FA period.

15 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

This^

16 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

You havent been paying attention i think. 

Not this^

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Really it has been. Lost 3 of 5 starting players from our SB line up. 3 of them are 6th round or later type guys on the line. 2 of them should be at best depth in Wylie and Reiter. I mean if we had say Alex Smith back there this line would be at or near the top of sacks given up. This line is horrendous and needs to really be looked at in the draft or FA period.

But but but Mahomes makes everyone around him so much better......

52 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

This^

Not this^

But but but Mahomes makes everyone around him so much better......

He does make them look better. Him scrambling and making his throws does exactly this for the line. Thanks for pointing it out. As the post above says, it is serviceable. Not even average in a lot of sense but they are warm bodies. 

25 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He does make them look better. Him scrambling and making his throws does exactly this for the line. Thanks for pointing it out. As the post above says, it is serviceable. Not even average is a lot of sense but they are warm bodies. 

Anyone who thinks this o-line is playing anything other than below average football is lying to themselves or doesn't know what the fuck they are looking at. 

The idea that our line must be at least average because our record says so, is ignorant. We win despite their play. We have a qb that is nearly impossible to sack. He does things outside the pocket that no one has ever seen a QB do. Plus he has the best group of weapons in the league. Thats why we win.

They cannot open holes in the run game. They cannot provide a consistent pocket. One of our offensive lineman gets beat on almost every pass protection. 

Anyone who watched the SNF game last night saw what a good offensive line looks like. Cleveland blows holes open for those backs. There is no comparison. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Anyone who thinks this o-line is playing anything other than below average football is lying to themselves or doesn't know what the fuck they are looking at. 

The idea that our line must be at least average because our record says so, is ignorant. We win despite their play. We have a qb that is nearly impossible to sack. He does things outside the pocket that no one has ever seen a QB do. Plus he has the best group of weapons in the league. Thats why we win.

They cannot open holes in the run game. They cannot provide a consistent pocket. One of our offensive lineman gets beat on almost every pass protection. 

Anyone who watched the SNF game last night saw what a good offensive line looks like. Cleveland blows holes open for those backs. There is no comparison. 

Personally I could not be happier with this team. Joy Joy Joy  LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT        21-1 BABY

Just Imagine if KC had that great oline. KC would be 22-0

I've got a real question for you.

If Derrick Henry is able to surpass the NFL single season record in yards does he get the MVP automatically?

Henry has 1,532 Yards atm.  He needs to AVG 191.33 Yards over the his next 3 games.  Not impossible...just take a look

Lions:  29th in rushing yards allowed

Packers:  11th in rushing yards allowed

Texans:  31st in rushing yards allowed

I think Vrabel will feed feed feed Henry and he could make it happen.

16 minutes ago, Balto said:

If Derrick Henry is able to surpass the NFL single season record in yards does he get the MVP automatically?

Henry has 1,532 Yards atm.  He needs to AVG 191.33 Yards over the his next 3 games.  Not impossible...just take a look

I hope he does. Run him into the ground before the playoffs. It would kill the Titans chance imo.

30 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Personally I could not be happier with this team. Joy Joy Joy  LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT        21-1 BABY

Just Imagine if KC had that great oline. KC would be 22-0

Yeah I'd imagine all of us are pretty happy at 12-1 and looking at the 1 seed today. Doesn't mean all our parts are working well. Theres cause for concern, with optimism. 

And what is this 21-1 you keep talking about? Did you just arbitrarily pick the last date we lost a game last year and start tracking our record from there? 

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah I'd imagine all of us are pretty happy at 12-1 and looking at the 1 seed today. Doesn't mean all our parts are working well. Theres cause for concern, with optimism. 

And what is this 21-1 you keep talking about? Did you just arbitrarily pick the last date we lost a game last year and start tracking our record from there? 

Yes

31 minutes ago, Balto said:

He may get a few votes but that would be about it.  This is now a qb award and 2 qbs are having amazing seasons.  It will go to pat or a-a-ron.

The O-line has three jobs to do.  1.  Block for the run game.  2.  Pass protect.  3.  Get some push for short yardage

The current line does none of these.  CEH has a few runs of 8+ yards, mostly around the edge, but so many for nothing or a loss.  Chefs can live with that as long as Andy and Patrick create alternatives.  So forget about #1.  The killer issues are #s 2 and 3.  How sad to come up on third or fourth and one and not have confidence on making it even half the time.  How many more points would the Chiefs score or how many times would they keep possession if they could depend on running for one yard?  Pass protection issues are obvious.  Sure, Mahomes can elude a lot of rushes, but he's also taking a lot of hits.  Those are cumulative and will have an effect on him long term if not within a game.  So the Chiefs are winning.  That doesn't mean they can ignore the line forever.  

36 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The O-line has three jobs to do.  1.  Block for the run game.  2.  Pass protect.  3.  Get some push for short yardage

The current line does none of these.  CEH has a few runs of 8+ yards, mostly around the edge, but so many for nothing or a loss.  Chefs can live with that as long as Andy and Patrick create alternatives.  So forget about #1.  The killer issues are #s 2 and 3.  How sad to come up on third or fourth and one and not have confidence on making it even half the time.  How many more points would the Chiefs score or how many times would they keep possession if they could depend on running for one yard?  Pass protection issues are obvious.  Sure, Mahomes can elude a lot of rushes, but he's also taking a lot of hits.  Those are cumulative and will have an effect on him long term if not within a game.  So the Chiefs are winning.  That doesn't mean they can ignore the line forever.  

Not just that but all the times he makes plays going 10-15yrds straight back with guys running free at him. Don't see other qb doing/can do that.