Mahomes warming up for an MVP run?

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Pretty much a given..kiss the MVP down the tubes but thats really only the Consolation prize to another Ring.

Really i wished he had gotten 40 tds and 5k yards. He would be in track to get the NFL records for both. I completely understand sitting him though.

Really i wished he had gotten 40 tds and 5k yards. He would be in track to get the NFL records for both. I completely understand sitting him though.

The only reason I wanted Mahomes to play:

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/gameday/rodgers-40-touchdowns

But I worry too much about injuries in meaningless games and a bit about averages. Regardless, Mahomes, could take two drives or the whole game to get two TDs.

We’ll just have to wait for him to be the first to two 50 touchdown seasons.

5 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

The only reason I wanted Mahomes to play:

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/gameday/rodgers-40-touchdowns

But I worry too much about injuries in meaningless games and a bit about averages. Regardless, Mahomes, could take two drives or the whole game to get two TDs.

We’ll just have to wait for him to be the first to two 50 touchdown seasons.

We get this oline fixed this offseason and that will be next year.

3 weeks off is a long time but I understand not taking the risk with Mahomes. We are one injury away from missing out on the SB so no need to take pointless risks. It's weird to know that Mahomes would have likely been the MVP if he played the last game as well but not that important for the Chiefs IMO. Hunt didn't pay him for MVP trophies. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

3 weeks off is a long time but I understand not taking the risk with Mahomes. We are one injury away from missing out on the SB so no need to take pointless risks. It's weird to know that Mahomes would have likely been the MVP if he played the last game as well but not that important for the Chiefs IMO. Hunt didn't pay him for MVP trophies. 

yup

40 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm not a subscriber so I can't read the whole thing but intro at least indicates how I feel about the whole thing:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-mvp-2020-kansas-city-chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes

agreed but whether the voting pin heads  think that deeply is  a consideration 

Well, we see the last two to three games, all wins, with stats and play that would be good for others but subpar for Mahomes and people want him to play Week 17 to get out of a funk? (I’ve seen it in the internet world.) I think he’s fine, it’s the online and defense, it’s playing down to the competition, it’s saving for the playoffs. But as all players are, worn down, physically hurt. I’m not saying it is, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Mahomes were playing through some thing. Again, this is compared to his play not to others. If so, the rest is needed.

22 minutes ago, KCSLC2008 said:

Well, we see the last two to three games, all wins, with stats and play that would be good for others but subpar for Mahomes and people want him to play Week 17 to get out of a funk? (I’ve seen it in the internet world.) I think he’s fine, it’s the online and defense, it’s playing down to the competition, it’s saving for the playoffs. But as all players are, worn down, physically hurt. I’m not saying it is, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Mahomes were playing through some thing. Again, this is compared to his play not to others. If so, the rest is needed.

Well he has been running away from defenses rather well so I think he's healthy but no need to risk any injuries. Regarding the MVP season I think anyone not named Mahomes would have won it with his play & stats. However it's always better for the NFL to make others look at the same level and create an illusion of competition for the best. 

22 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Well he has been running away from defenses rather well so I think he's healthy but no need to risk any injuries. Regarding the MVP season I think anyone not named Mahomes would have won it with his play & stats. However it's always better for the NFL to make others look at the same level and create an illusion of competition for the best. 

so by awarding it to ARog  for his 3rd MVP the NFL is doing that? Come on Man. ARog is a stud 

15 hours ago, oldtimer said:

so by awarding it to ARog  for his 3rd MVP the NFL is doing that? Come on Man. ARog is a stud 

No doubt Rodgers is a stud but his MVP season is basically a down year for Mahomes in quite a bit of games. NFL should be and probably is looking for some competition for Mahomes to keep up the TV money.

On 12/30/2020 at 2:30 PM, oldtimer said:

when  I did listen because I was in avehicle all day I listened to 810 and was a Soren Petro "follower"..he switched time slots from 10-2 to 2-???. I hardly ever listen to radio any more being retired but when I do 610 is not even an option

Hmm.  I figured you as more of a Nick Wright kind of guy.  🤣

• 2 weeks later...

If Mahomes doesn’t get it, I think it would be funny if Wilson beat Rodgers for the MVP. I wonder if we would have more complaining than the interception touchdown on Monday Night Football. I am also curious to know who has the best winning percentage against elite defenses. 🤔