Mahomes warming up for an MVP run?

6 hours ago, SEMO said:

I agree OL, especially tackle, needs to be addressed early.  But, AR has taken exactly two Olineman in the first two rounds since joining KC, Fisher and Morse.  This would be the year to grab one early, though.  Depends if someone wants to sign here on the cheap for a chance at a ring.

Nobody in the history of the NFL ever had to protect a half billion investment. So there's really no precedent to the situation Chiefs are in. After the Browns game I'm not even sure how much of a leash Hunt is giving to Reid or Veach.

• 3 weeks later...

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Smith seems like a class act.  Hope he comes back to KC as a QB coach some day.  

actually I kinda wish he'd just step back from wanting to be a starter and come back to KC as the #2 QB..certainly would extend his career 

16 hours ago, oldtimer said:

actually I kinda wish he'd just step back from wanting to be a starter and come back to KC as the #2 QB..certainly would extend his career 

Would be great when he feels closer to hanging it up but right now there seems to be really good financial incentives for him to stick around as a starter. A backup role where he's learning some QB coaching with a chance of SB ring could be too good to pass up in a couple years. 

• 2 weeks later...