Mahomes warming up for an MVP run?

11 hours ago, kkuenn said:

In a win. Rodgers bad game was a loss when he had it. I think we will be fine. Icing on the cake if he gets it, only after getting another SB win.

While also throwing for nearly 400 and 2 TD's vs a top 5 defense.

I just think voters put weight on late season games plus Rodgers has the nostalgia advantage, which is stupid, but we saw it in 2018 as well with Brees.  Some voters like to vote for whomever is closest to retirement for some reason.

N'awlins game vs number 1 D will hold weight as well so he has a chance to really get it back on lockdown especially if he challenges the yardage record.

22 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

As much as these guys see Tyreek on film and everybody knows how fast he is, his speed still stuns defenders in the moment. Check out #21

I think you have to see it to believe it. I remember when I tried to tackle  my first 4.4 guy. it was bewilderingly fast

Rodgers main benefit is he makes guys who would be borderline bad with other teams viable. I think they have kind of flown under the radar, but they have had some bad games too. It would be great to get a KC vs. Green Bay Super Bowl. That is the dream matchup for anyone not obsessed with I-95 cities. State Farm would be happy in their investment too.

Apparently Aaron Rodgers doesn't want the MVP.  143 yards with 1 TD and 1 TD rushing versus the Panthers without CMC.   This might separate them enough that Mahomes additional yardage and the potential better record would trump a better TD mark.     Gonna be a tough ask tomorrow vs the Saints but if Mahomes can pull a superman game tomorrow he'd be easily back in the lead.   

43 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Apparently Aaron Rodgers doesn't want the MVP.  143 yards with 1 TD and 1 TD rushing versus the Panthers without CMC.   This might separate them enough that Mahomes additional yardage and the potential better record would trump a better TD mark.     Gonna be a tough ask tomorrow vs the Saints but if Mahomes can pull a superman game tomorrow he'd be easily back in the lead.   

SB MVP is all that matters

I keep hearing the argument that Mahomes has all these great weapons and Rodgers plays with a bunch of no-names by the talking heads. First of all, Adams may be the best WR playing right now. Jones is probably a better runner than CEH right now. The current O-Line for KC is a shell of what GB has to offer but no one ever brings that up. Secondly, I don't see how Mahomes having weapons should be held against him. He has two elite weapons (and one superior one when Sammy shows up and is healthy-which is rare). I'm not taking anything away from Rodgers. He's a complete stud. I would really have no serious problem if he won the MVP this year. I really wouldn't if Donald or Henry won it either. At the end of the day, there's not a single player I would want over Mahomes. Today, tomorrow or ten years from now. 

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

SB MVP is all that matters

For sure but when you play well enough to win it, that's a nice piece of hardware to have along the way.   I have a feeling that he is going to ball out tomorrow.   This is a game that doesn't look great on the books because their front 7 is really good and our Oline is beyond decimated, but just have this gut feeling he is going to dominate and show everyone, MVP or not, why he is the best player in the league.

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

So did he take the lead back from Rodgers or not?  Better stats, win against a more impressive opponent.

Mahomes 4462 / 36 / 5 -  2 rushing TD's      4462 / 38 total / 5 ints

Rodgers 3828 / 40 / 4  - 3 rushing TD's        3828  / 43 total / 4 ints

Had he only thrown 2 ints in the Miami game I think he would clearly be in the lead.  Right now I still think it's too close to call but this weekend helped Mahomes.   Rodgers had 143 and 2 total Td's against a far inferior D.   

If Mahomes can be within 2-3 total TD's and Rodgers can toss one more pick then I think Mahomes has it in the bag.     

1st)  Aaron Rodgers:       3828 Passing Yards, 40 TDs, 4 INTs, 126 Rushing yards, 3 rushing TD, 83.6 QBR and Team record 11-3

2nd)  Patrick Mahomes:   4462 Passing Yards, 36 TDs, 5 INT, 281 Rushing Yards, 2 Rushing TDs, 83.5 QBR and  Team record 13-1

3rd)   Derrick Henry:  1679 Rushing Yards and 15 TDs, 10-4 Team record

I honestly think it will come down to this:

If Rodgers gets to 50 passing TDs(needs 5 each game) he will win 

If Mahomes gets to 5000 passing yards(needs 269 each game) he will win UNLESS Rodgers gets to 50 TD's.

If Henry gets to 2000 rushing yards(needs 160.5 each game) he will win IF Rodgers/Mahomes do not get 50 or 5000.

Of course INTs and winning out matters but you get what im saying

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm guessing we beat the Falcons and the Steelers lose to the Colts, meaning that week 17 is meaningless for us.  So the Falcons game might be Patrick's last time to rack up numbers.

Who do you think wins if none of those milestones are reached by those three?

Good question.

One thing that might help Mahomes is that Packers and Titans play each other this coming week.  Meaning either Rodgers OR Henry will have one more team lose.  IF Rodgers loses to the Titans with only one week left in the season and Mahomes rips up the Falcons I think Mahomes wins.

Rodgers wont be sitting week 17 so if Mahomes sits and Rodgers beats Titans and doesn't just suck it will be very very hard for Mahomes to catch Rodgers

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I want to see Mahomes get his second season of 40 or more TDs. The record is 3 by Rodgers and Mahomes will have done it as a starter 2 if 3 years already.

The way people talk about Mahomes weapons you'd think he had 80 TDs right now.

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I want to see Mahomes get his second season of 40 or more TDs. The record is 3 by Rodgers and Mahomes will have done it as a starter 2 if 3 years already.

And Brees has the record with most 5000k passing seasons with 5!  

44 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I want to see Mahomes get his second season of 40 or more TDs. The record is 3 by Rodgers and Mahomes will have done it as a starter 2 of 3 years already.

Rodgers will get his 4th this year.