Mahomes warming up for an MVP run?

48 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Hasn't been done since Kurt Warner.

I think there is a path but Mahomes is gonna have to dominate these last 3 games and with Pitt losing and probably losing again Mahomes won't get a full 16th game imo.   But hypothetically speaking or typing.....He needs 5200 yards  45 TD's and 5 ints and finish 15-1.    Aaron Rodgers needs to lose another game, throw 1-2 ints more than Mahomes and be about 700-800 yards short and only ave 2-3 more TD's.     Its Aaron Rodgers to lose but Mahomes still has a sliver of a chance.     Aaron Rodgers game vs the Bucs was way worse than Mahomes game vs the Dolphins.   

I don't think Mahomes win the MVP after this game. Don't really care either but all other players will always have the edge over him as NFL is trying to look as if there's some competition. So whatever someone else does Mahomes needs to be clearly more dominant over them in all stats to actually win it. 

31 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I don't think Mahomes win the MVP after this game. Don't really care either but all other players will always have the edge over him as NFL is trying to look as if there's some competition. So whatever someone else does Mahomes needs to be clearly more dominant over them in all stats to actually win it. 

That and I think the Steelers lose again making that last game vs the Chargers moot.   I don't care either but would have liked to see him get another.   Super Bowls are what matters and this year is a great opportunity to do something special and win back to back.    

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

That and I think the Steelers lose again making that last game vs the Chargers moot.   I don't care either but would have liked to see him get another.   Super Bowls are what matters and this year is a great opportunity to do something special and win back to back.    

I think he'll win a few more especially after we fix the OL. Until then it'll always be a close call but not always possible due to scheduling and circumstantial sit outs (like the last game etc).

8 hours ago, xen said:

Why not both?

If the MVP comes through, great. Love me some Patrick.

I root for the team trophy... cause it's the one that matters.

Kinda like the HT in college.

If you asked Patrick which he'd prefer... no doubt he'd choose the LT.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

While not looking very MVP-ish yesterday, I believe the voting will be concluded at the end of the season.

Yeah I think this comes down to the wire.  Although nobody climbs out of a hole, even of his own creation, like Mahomes.  Dude's blood is at absolute zero.

Seems like Rodgers is going to wind up with slightly better numbers (traditional or advanced) and a worse record.

Despite the slightly worse numbers, Patrick's floor is higher and there is so much he's left on the table for reasons beyond his control (bad or ticky-tack calls, slight misses, etc.).  I'd argue Patrick has played better for the better team.  If Rodgers wins I think it will be mostly based on the "they drafted Love but the old guy's still got it!" narrative.

1st)  Aaron Rodgers:       3685 Passing Yards, 39 TDs, 4 INTs, 100 Rushing yards, 2 rushing TD, 84.8 QBR and Team record 10-3

2nd)  Patrick Mahomes:   4208 Passing Yards, 33 TDs, 5 INT, 244 Rushing Yards, 2 Rushing TDs, 84.7 QBR and  Team record 12-1

3rd)   Russell Wilson:       3685 Passing Yards, 36 TDs, 12 INTs, 423 Rushing Yards, 1 rushing TD, 71.4 QBR and Team record 9-4

4th)    Kyler Murray:          3231 Passing Yards, 23 TDs, 10 INTs, 712 Rushing Yards, 10 rushing TDs,  70.8 QBR and Team record 7-6

I still think Mahomes can win BUT if the season ended after this week and Mahomes just put 3 INTs on the board I'm sure Rodgers gets it!

Mahomes compared to the other 3:

1st in overall Yards(Kyler is 2nd, Wilson is 3rd and Rodgers is 4th)

3rd in overall TDs(Rodgers is 1st, Wilson is 2nd and Kyler is 4th)

2nd in INTs(Rodgers is 1st, Kyler is 3rd and Wilson is 4th)

2nd in QBR(Rodgers is 1st, Wilson is 3rd and Kyler is 4th)

1st in record(Rodgers is 2nd, Wilson is 3rd and Kyle is 4th)

I know this is not how its done BUT for fun lets give 1st-1 point, 2nd-2 points, 3rd-3 points and 4th-4 points.  Lowest score wins!

Rodgers:  9 points, but has 3 1st vs 2 for Mahomes so I'll give him the #1 spot.

Mahomes:  9 points 

Wilson:  15 points

Kyler:  17 points

All said and done I feel Rodgers will get it IF him and Mahomes are pretty even when the season is over......Miami game really hurt Mahomes IMO

Comparing the WR's and TE's for the Packers and Chiefs tells the story.

Chiefs have Hill, Hardman and Landry (when he's not hurt) and Kelce

Packers have Davante Adams and thats it.

Think you mean Watkins not Landry?  Rodgers also has a very nice run game to lean on.  

BUT yes people always points to how good Hill and Kelce are which I agree BUT not 100% why Mahomes is Mahomes.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Think you mean Watkins not Landry?  Rodgers also has a very nice run game to lean on.  

BUT yes people always points to how good Hill and Kelce are which I agree BUT not 100% why Mahomes is Mahomes.

Yes, got Landry on the brain with tonight's game...my bad

But until Mahomes does what he does without K, H, W, H, there will be questions

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Not for anyone actually watching the games.   We've seen what those guys look like with other, mortal QBs.   Plus we already saw that in his first ever game.  He did the same shit playing with our 3rd string.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Lol are one of those H for Hardman give me a break. If he's such a weapon sign me up for a first or second pick in a trade next year. Oh I remember a one Payton manning who had some nice weapons and won 5 mvp. I don't recall people talking so much of james,Wayne,Harrison. 

1 minute ago, Troyofoc said:

Lol are one of those H for Hardman give me a break. If he's such a weapon sign me up for a first or second pick in a trade next year. Oh I remember a one Payton manning who had some nice weapons and won 5 mvp. I don't recall people talking so much of james,Wayne,Harrison. 

Any of them make a HOF? Kelce will, Hill maybe if he stays clean....

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Any of them make a HOF? Kelce will, Hill maybe if he stays clean....

Lol Harrison is and james is 2020 so ya 2 of them are. And give me prime Wayne over Watkins in a second.  Oh you didn't answer is that H for hardman 😂

Mahomes plays with this horrible line. Rodgers plays with a better one. Also Rodgers has had many years with multiple WR that were good before. Mahomes makes them better. We see how they did before Mahomes and how much better since.