Trade Deadline

Chiefs get:

Mekhi Becton, LT and a beast as we all saw.  Allows us a top 5 talent with low cost when otherwise we could not get a guy like him drafting near the end of the 1st.

Quinnen Williams, DT and also a beast as we all saw.  Not a huge need but great value for his contract and with our cap hits value is what we need more of!

Jets get:

Fisher, LT Pro Bowler and added Super Bowl winning experience that they have plenty of cap room for.  

2021 1st

2022 1st

I know this seems steep giving up back to back 1st round picks BUT we need to get a replacement for Fisher and his large contract.  There is zero chance of us getting a player like Becton drafting at the end of the 1st and we also gain a bargain with Williams.  Not to mention shed Fisher's contract.  Shedding Fishers contract will allow us to get better at the IOL with cap not being as tight.

Jets do this because they are in for a COMPLETE revamp.  Yes most will say why would they send their just drafted elite LT away but I'd say gaining a proven pro bowl talent LT like Fisher to help bring winning experience into that club goes a long way.  Plus of course the new front office will get two extra 1st rounders to play with as well doesn't hurt!

Flame away my friends

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Upgrade? Guy has been torched often this year.

Yes a upgrade.  Gilmore's overall grade is a little down this year but to say the 2019 DPOY and what he has done so far in 2020 wouldn't be an upgrade thats just wrong.

He would lock down a player or side of the field that would allow everyone else more flexibility.  Would be a rolling upgrade everywhere.

I really don't see the Chiefs making any moves that increases the payroll or giving up draft choices for more expensive talent.  They will live with their core players, lots of draft picks, and a few fill ins and one year "prove it: players for a while.  The biggest disappointment this year is that Niang is sitting out and the Chiefs don't know what they have in him.  Sure would be nice to know that he's a starter on the line next year.  Anyone they pick up this year will be similar to the Suggs deal to fill a spot for part of one season. 

Since we have splurged so much in keeping our own players, we need to keep our top draft picks going forward. I don't think we should trade any draft picks in the 4th round or above going forward. We don't need a CB, we are getting Sneed back in a week or two for God's sake. I think the only two positions we MAY want to upgrade would be backup TE and LB. Wharton is becoming a player and Nnadi is a good run stuffer. I don't think we'll be able to address the interior line till next offseason but that and LB will be a priority, I think. We're stacked, we don't need a Pro Bowler in every position, just one in the most important positions (which we already do). 

3 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

Since we have splurged so much in keeping our own players, we need to keep our top draft picks going forward. I don't think we should trade any draft picks in the 4th round or above going forward. We don't need a CB, we are getting Sneed back in a week or two for God's sake. I think the only two positions we MAY want to upgrade would be backup TE and LB. Wharton is becoming a player and Nnadi is a good run stuffer. I don't think we'll be able to address the interior line till next offseason but that and LB will be a priority, I think. We're stacked, we don't need a Pro Bowler in every position, just one in the most important positions (which we already do). 

I mostly agree with this.  That said if we got Quinnen Williams for only a 2nd round pick I'd do that in a heartbeat.  Thats a force multiplier.  Our defensive backs do very well when the pass rush is doing well. 

Williams is good against the run and pass and would be even better if he wasn't the focus of every offensive line.  Salary and years left on the contract are doable.

I don't think we need him but I do think our defense would be even better with him.  Think San Fran's dline last year

4 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

wonder if they inquire about Njoku

Teams don't rebuild by shopping their young talent for less than their market value. Williams for a 2nd or something would be crazy with him having 4.5 years on a rookie deal. It's the Jets so you never know but that's probably the most unlikely scenario at this point. Might as well pick up Quenton Nelson for a very likely late 1st.