Trade Deadline

I'd look at Jarrad Davis if he is shopped. Fallen out of favor in Detroit. On an expiring contract. Would upgrade our LB corps. Of course a tackling sled would upgrade our LB corps too.

I think it would be naive to rule out a GM as aggressive as Veach making a move today. I do agree it would very likely be a player heading into FA that we can get for a late rounder.

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'd look at Jarrad Davis if he is shopped. Fallen out of favor in Detroit. On an expiring contract. Would upgrade our LB corps. Of course a tackling sled would upgrade our LB corps too.

I think it would be naive to rule out a GM as aggressive as Veach making a move today. I do agree it would very likely be a player heading into FA that we can get for a late rounder.

I think trading for a non Spags guy at LB would be next to impossible to incorporate.

Look at Gay, the thought is, he is still learning the play book and assignments 

I would like to see depth at OLINE and maybe a corner

I think the reality is we're probably looking at our playoff roster already.  KC projected at 13 mil over the cap next year due to the projected decrease in the total cap number.  We have almost 6 mil under the current cap but that could be rolled over into next year to help alleviate that.  If we do anything I doubt it will have anything but a negligible cap impact for 2020 or 2021.

7 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

Traded DeAndre Washington to the Dolphins

The Chiefs signed running back DeAndre Washington in free agency this year, but they’ve decided they don’t need any more running backs.

The Dolphins are trading a draft pick to the Chiefs for Washington, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

The specific terms of the trade have not been announced, but it’s likely to involve a swap of Day Three picks.

Washington has just three carries for five yards and one catch for two yards this season. He has also returned five kickoffs for 86 yards. Washington initially entered the league as a fifth-round pick of the Raiders in 2016. In 2019 he totaled 679 yards from scrimmage.

I do understand the cap ramifications but losing out on a back to back SB for a 5-6 million dollars isn't good business either.   And I and most of us here could make the argument that adding one big upgrade at LB might be all the difference.    That same argument could be said for another IOL as well.  

But with only 33 guys under contract there is only so much you can do.  Cut Henne (1.5), Damien Williams (2), Rework HB because he due to cost 19 against the cap, and my guess is try and trade Eric Fisher because he's an 11 million dollar cut candidate.   Still only gets us down enough to draft a rookie class and maybe one 3-4 million dollar FA.   Glad guys like Sneed, Allegretti, and Wharton are stepping up this year.

I think we have enough to win it but I sure to wish we would have addressed LB in FA better.   Makes me throw up in my mouth thinking about Spags trying to talk up Niemann in camp this year.

42 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I do understand the cap ramifications but losing out on a back to back SB for a 5-6 million dollars isn't good business either.   And I and most of us here could make the argument that adding one big upgrade at LB might be all the difference.    That same argument could be said for another IOL as well.  

But with only 33 guys under contract there is only so much you can do.  Cut Henne (1.5), Damien Williams (2), Rework HB because he due to cost 19 against the cap, and my guess is try and trade Eric Fisher because he's an 11 million dollar cut candidate.   Still only gets us down enough to draft a rookie class and maybe one 3-4 million dollar FA.   Glad guys like Sneed, Allegretti, and Wharton are stepping up this year.

I think we have enough to win it but I sure to wish we would have addressed LB in FA better.   Makes me throw up in my mouth thinking about Spags trying to talk up Niemann in camp this year.

Not worried about the cap. I think the NFL will do something that wont affect teams cap by cutting it that much if at all. Then again look what Veach did with 177 bucks last season.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

The Chiefs would surely add a starter and use up the cap space if it definitely increased the SB winning chances.  The problem is adding a name and not getting the prize.  Several contending teams have added bodies in hopes of winning.  Only one will succeed.  The Chiefs can win with what they have.  They could lose even with adding a starting IOL or TE.  My opinion is that Veach didn't see the perfect fit out there and wasn't willing to pay for a slight chance of reward.  Gotta build long term through the draft.  As for this season, gotta win with what won last year.  

It's my belief that OL (particularly IOL) and LB are the only positions that move the needle even a little bit for this team.  I don't think a CB, TE, or WR does anything.  DL somewhere in the middle, but mostly I think we need our existing guys to play up to their capabilities.

Even having said that, I don't know how much I would shell out for IOL or LB, and who would be available at this point that would be worth it.

9 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Jonathan Joseph and Vic Beasley released by titans. 

More guys cut from a terrible defense.  We would really have to believe in their talent and think there is a quickly fixable issue (coaching, health, scheme, etc.) in order for me to be remotely interested.

53 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

More guys cut from a terrible defense.  We would really have to believe in their talent and think there is a quickly fixable issue (coaching, health, scheme, etc.) in order for me to be remotely interested.

if vrabel cant coach them up..who could?

25 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Well the Tennessee defense was good last year but bad this year so I'm not entirely sure what to make of it.  But on the whole I'm extremely skeptical they are worthwhile.

Thats just another reason why relying on defense to consistently win games year over year isn't a good strategy.  Defensive performance fluctuates significantly year to year even for the best defensive teams.