2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

This game will be interesting with Mcaffery back. I wonder if chiefs use Gay on him when he comes out of the backfield. This panther team reminds me of the style the raiders play. 

Whatever strategy KC uses, they HAVE to stop Mcaffrey.

Stop him = Win game.

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

This game will be close. Panthers are still in it and need a win to stay alive. This is a good team that has some tough loses vs lucky wins.  No reason to think KC dominates.

I agree. I think it will be a tough game.

Panthers will score. They have some solid depth at WR. They are going to take the underneath game that we will clearly give them as we do it every week. Then, when they get down there, they won't be afraid to run it with Both backs. 

This game will need to be turnover free and efficient.

Chiefs will take a close one (for us) 7-10 point win

38- 27 KC 

What are the Panthers' strengths and weaknesses?  We all know about Mcaffery and Bridgewater has had a pretty good year.  Is their secondary suspect and is their O-line as weak as the Chiefs?  They have had extra days to rest and plan so I'd expect a pretty good challenge.  Chiefs win 31-24 as a guess without knowing the opposition. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

What are the Panthers' strengths and weaknesses?  We all know about Mcaffery and Bridgewater has had a pretty good year.  Is their secondary suspect and is their O-line as weak as the Chiefs?  They have had extra days to rest and plan so I'd expect a pretty good challenge.  Chiefs win 31-24 as a guess without knowing the opposition. 

They have great possession WR. Robby Anderson is blossoming. DJ Moore is good too. Obviously they have a great two headed attack at RB headed our way.

The defense is suspect as a whole.

15 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

This game will be close. Panthers are still in it and need a win to stay alive. This is a good team that has some tough loses vs lucky wins.  No reason to think KC dominates.

There's this Kermit sounding dude that can easily make the Chiefs dominate any big game as long as a cheeseburger loving fatty allows him to go free. 

Schwartz still not practicing.  Frank Clark not practicing due to a sore knee but Reid says they're giving him some rest today and doesn't think it's serious.

Sammy, Sneed and the Sausage all back to practice in at least some capacity today.  Won't know LP or FP until report released.

Reid on Martinas Rankin:

“He’s getting there. He’s real close.  I think it’s great, the way this is set up where he’s got that time to get himself ready to go. He had no camp and this is the first football he’s had the last couple weeks, so it’s good for him to get in there and bang around a little bit on the scout team, so that’s what he’s been doing.”

4 hours ago, xen said:

Schwartz still not practicing.  Frank Clark not practicing due to a sore knee but Reid says they're giving him some rest today and doesn't think it's serious.

Sammy, Sneed and the Sausage all back to practice in at least some capacity today.  Won't know LP or FP until report released.

I think Schwartz and Watkins will miss this week with the bye coming up. Make sure those two are 100% for the stretch drive.

5 hours ago, xen said:

I believe Sammy is listed as limited practice.

That’s great news about Rankins.  There was some thought he could be done for the year.   I think he can take Wylie’s spot like he did last year and improve our Oline play before the playoffs.   It’s always a gamble holding guys out but we need Schwartz, Watkins  healthy for the stretch run and Clark too.   I think our team is good enough to get the W vs the Panthers.   

18 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

That’s great news about Rankins.  There was some thought he could be done for the year.   I think he can take Wylie’s spot like he did last year and improve our Oline play before the playoffs.   It’s always a gamble holding guys out but we need Schwartz, Watkins  healthy for the stretch run and Clark too.   I think our team is good enough to get the W vs the Panthers.   

Rankins can beat out Wylie, I ditto that.

7 hours ago, dhitter said:

Panthers are one of those teams that are not horrible but not particularly great at anything. They have some talented pieces but that will only get you so far. Panthers are 25th in scoring offense. Chiefs are 2nd.  I think KC takes care of business....34-17.

They're 12th in offensive DVOA (11th in passing DVOA and 11th in rushing DVOA) and 25th in defensive DVOA (20th vs pass, 26th vs rush) 

That's probably a better picture of who they are though I would expect they would exceed that with a healthy McCaffrey.  

KC is 1st in offensive DVOA (1st in passing, 16th in rushing DVOA) and 13th in defensive DVOA (7th vs pass, 28th vs rush).

Advanced stat rankings:

Mahomes vs Bridgewater

YAR (yards above replacement, total value over a replacement level player) 

1 vs 15

DYAR (YAR adjusted for opponents and situations)

1 vs 13

DVOA (defense-adjusted value over average, similar to DYAR but is value per play over a replacement level player vs total value)

1 vs 15

QBR (ESPN metric for QBs)

1 vs 15

On 11/5/2020 at 11:13 AM, Lamardirts said:

Watkins will probably get injured again at some point so not sure about his status but fatties generally have it worse if they are rushed back. Wouldn't mind keeping Schwartz out until he's fully ready. 

So what does it take to get Jones back?  A certain mandatory time off, several negative tests? a combination of both?  The bye week is coming at a good time, but the Chiefs can't afford to lose this Sunday if there's any hope of a top seed.  If the NFL goes to the 16 team elimination type playoff as is being discussed then being #2 isn't so bad. .  

13 hours ago, xen said:

They're 12th in offensive DVOA (11th in passing DVOA and 11th in rushing DVOA) and 25th in defensive DVOA (20th vs pass, 26th vs rush) 

That's probably a better picture of who they are though I would expect they would exceed that with a healthy McCaffrey.  

KC is 1st in offensive DVOA (1st in passing, 16th in rushing DVOA) and 13th in defensive DVOA (7th vs pass, 28th vs rush).

Advanced stat rankings:

Mahomes vs Bridgewater

YAR (yards above replacement, total value over a replacement level player) 

1 vs 15

DYAR (YAR adjusted for opponents and situations)

1 vs 13

DVOA (defense-adjusted value over average, similar to DYAR but is value per play over a replacement level player vs total value)

1 vs 15

QBR (ESPN metric for QBs)

1 vs 15

dumb and dumber there's a chance GIF | b-reddy.org

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

So what does it take to get Jones back?  A certain mandatory time off, several negative tests? a combination of both?  The bye week is coming at a good time, but the Chiefs can't afford to lose this Sunday if there's any hope of a top seed.  If the NFL goes to the 16 team elimination type playoff as is being discussed then being #2 isn't so bad. .  

Chiefs DT Chris Jones (reserve/COVID-19) returned to practice.

It means Jones cleared protocols after having close contact with a Chiefs staffer who tested positive. Jones should play in Sunday's game with the Panthers.