Wisniewski

STEFEN WISNIEWSKIC, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
6599.jpg

Steelers released G/C Stefen Wisniewski. 

Wisniewski just came off injured reserve after dealing with a pectoral injury. The Steelers evidently decided they didn't need his depth. 31-year-old Stefen Wisniewski was an every-week starter for the Chiefs last season. He should quickly become a fixture on the workout circuit, though perhaps his age and injury-marred 2020 will work against him in that regard. 

RELATED: 

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

Why he is dealing with injury and Rankin is on his way back and Allegretti has played good at LG.

PASS!

I don’t view him as a savior but he knows the offense and that alone makes him more valuable than Witzmann or Danny Ice.   Obviously it depends on his healthy but would be a good stash until playoffs if he needs more time to recover.

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

He made the whole thing (oline) work last year, that’s why. 

Who do you play him over then?  

If Rankin comes back healthy here soon and ready to go.  Why would you stunt his growth any more? He is a future player that will be a starter next year.  

Allegretti? Again why stunt a young players growth.  He has looked good.  Showing he could be a vital price in next years line too.

I guess we could kick Allegretti into center now and let wisnewski play guard then.  But Kilgore has shown to be good for us this year too. So why switch? Only if the coaches see Allegretti as the future at center. And Kilgore as a solid backup for next year. 

56 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Who do you play him over then?  

If Rankin comes back healthy here soon and ready to go.  Why would you stunt his growth any more? He is a future player that will be a starter next year.  

Allegretti? Again why stunt a young players growth.  He has looked good.  Showing he could be a vital price in next years line too.

I guess we could kick Allegretti into center now and let wisnewski play guard then.  But Kilgore has shown to be good for us this year too. So why switch? Only if the coaches see Allegretti as the future at center. And Kilgore as a solid backup for next year. 

Switch because the oline is not that good and its not necessarily a switch. Could be excellent depth. Proven superbowl guy. Knows the system.

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

Wisnewski struggled at center.  If be ok with Allegretti moving to center then wisnewski can take the guard spot

If that's the case...I'd think twice about bringing him back then unless Wis can play RG. If Rankins is activated, then we have him and Allegretti.