Wisniewski

10 hours ago, Palangi said:

It's what he was drafted for originally.  Has been writing on it the last two years.  

Agree,  but as a late round pick, it's possible that his skill level at OC just isn't there but he can learn to play OG.  The center has responsibilities that maybe Allegretti just hasn't picked up.  Just guessing, but there has to be a reason he wasn't tried at center when Reiter was out. 

Reid shed some light on the change back to Austin Reiter at center.

After a three-game absence, center Austin Reiter returned as the Chiefs’ starter on Sunday against the Panthers in the win. Reid had noted in mid-October that they were giving him time to rest what he described as a “tender knee.”

“We saw him in practice — we had him in a limited role in practice, and it looked like it was getting better, so we felt like he could jump back in and work back in there.”

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think he will probably replace Wylie. Again...

Sad another team's cut would be a sizeable upgrade at RG.   I really do question our ability to develop Olineman.  People talk about Andy Heck but really who has the guy developed?   The lineman we draft top 100 usually pan out, but any developmental guys...well never seem to develop.    

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Sad another team's cut would be a sizeable upgrade at RG.   I really do question our ability to develop Olineman.  People talk about Andy Heck but really who has the guy developed?   The lineman we draft top 100 usually pan out, but any developmental guys...well never seem to develop.    

How about a superbowl line currently 17-1. He makes the most of what he has.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Maybe the bigger problem is that the Chiefs just don't prioritize the interior that much.  Been a long time since they drafted Hudson, Morse, or Allen.  Niang was a start but he was coming off injury and opted out.  Gotta fix that. 

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

How about a superbowl line currently 17-1. He makes the most of what he has.

Um did you watch the Sb?  Outside of Schwartz our Oline was not great and we had a 9 million, 12 million and 8 million dollar guy on that line.   Sorry bro he hasn’t developed crap.

9 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Um did you watch the Sb?  Outside of Schwartz our Oline was not great and we had a 9 million, 12 million and 8 million dollar guy on that line.   Sorry bro he hasn’t developed crap.

Patrick was running for his life in the SB... our OL stunk it up... but in fairness that SF DL was top notch

12 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

THey Won and thats all that matters. SF oline struggled too. Thats why its called the SB. The teams are super.

I have to agree we haven't been doing a good job of developing linemen. Anyone we draft basically stays at a similar level for their entire career and almost every season some street FA comes in as an upgrade to whatever we have on the roster. #1 overall pick was probably the only one we have seen noticeable development and that shouldn't really be a surprise. 

5 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I have to agree we haven't been doing a good job of developing linemen. Anyone we draft basically stays at a similar level for their entire career and almost every season some street FA comes in as an upgrade to whatever we have on the roster. #1 overall pick was probably the only one we have seen noticeable development and that shouldn't really be a surprise. 

Which players of Veaches first & second day picks are making a difference for KC? 

15 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I think Allegretti has out performed his draft range.  He has been very good at LG. 

While LDT isn't great (I'm not a fan) he has out performed his draft range too. 

There has been development.  We are just expecting so much from 6th, 7th, or even undrafted guys. That isn't totally fair to Heck. Let's see what he does with a Niang. We should draft an Olineman high again this next draft.  Protecting mahomes should be a priority. 

51 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Which players of Veaches first & second day picks are making a difference for KC? 

Imagine if they were making a difference. CEH is doing well.  He is the only pick we have had in the 1st round with Veach. Apeqks was a bust.  Hardman and Thornhill are good players. It is his mid to late picks that really help. Keep.this up as we get our 1st round picks back and we will be fine.